#Bellator 185 #UFC Fight Night 118 #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #Bellator MMA #Kristina Williams #Artem Lobov #Andre Fili #Heather Hardy #Karolina Kowalkiewicz #Neiman Gracie #Zak Bucia #Conor McGregor

marlon-moraes-2.jpgATLANTIC CITY, N.J. – With his second straight victory over a notable opponent, Marlon Moraes’ stock has never been higher. But don’t expect the bantamweight prospect to leave the upstart World Series of Fighting promotion anytime soon.

“Right now I would not consider any (other contract) offers,” Moraes told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) after a head-kick knockout of Tyson Nam at Saturday’s WSOF 2 event. “I am contracted with World Series of Fighting for at least one more fight. And I’m thinking of renewing my contract. I’m very happy with them. I hope they renew my contract.”

Moraes (10-4-1) also upset former WEC champion Miguel Torres before his win over Nam (12-5), which came on Saturday’s NBC Sports Network-televised WSOF 2 main card at Revel Atlantic City in New Jersey.

The split-decision victory over Torres put Moraes on the map in November. But the win over Nam, who had upset Bellator champ Eduardo Dantas at Shooto Brazil 33 this past year, proves it was no fluke. He’s won four straight fights, the past two on national TV, and he’s arguably the best bantamweight under the WSOF banner.

So why not parlay that exposure into a deal with an organization such as the UFC or Bellator, which features many of the world’s top 135-pounders?

“I am very happy with World Series of Fighting,” he said. “I hope to keep fighting for them. It doesn’t bother me to be with them. For me, this is a dream come true, to be fighting on cards featuring Danillo Villefort, Paulo Filho, Gesias Cavalcante, guys whom I used to sit at home and watch as a child. I am very happy to be here. I want to remain here.”

Moraes, who believes WSOF officials would allow him to fight in outside organizations if it were good “for me and the [WSOF],” said he had done his homework on Nam. The Brazilian, who said he found his way to the U.S. with the help of veteran MMA manager Alex Davis, considers Dantas a friend, so when Nam fought him back in August, Moraes did his scouting work.

That carried over into their own bout. So by the time this weekend’s event rolled around, Moraes had nearly a year’s worth of homework completed.

“At first I watched Tyson’s fights just out of curiosity, to know who was about to face Dantas,” he said. “After Tyson Nam managed to knock out Dantas, I got to study him a bit more. After I defeated Miguel Torres, I received the news I would be facing Nam.

“I was very happy for the opportunity. Ever since I was offered that bout, I was convinced I could defeat him.”

For more on WSOF 2, stay tuned to the MMA Events section of the site.

Comments

Charles Rosa hopes to get rebooked soon after UFC Fight Night 117 scratch

Featherweight Charles Rosa said the promotion compensated him in spite of his canceled fight against Mizuto Hirota at UFC Fight Night 117.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Joseph Duffy vs. James Vick Added to UFC 217 in New York | MMAWeekly.com

After inking a new multi-fight contract to stay with the UFC, Joseph Duffy has been booked for his next fight as he faces off with James Vick on Nov. 4 in New York as part of the UFC 217 card at Madi read news >>

PFL's season-ending charity event features Ivanov, Palmer, Siler, Kyle, others

PFL, the successor to WSOF, will close out its abbreviated 2017 campaign with a charity event that features some familiar names.Filed under: News, PFL read news >>

Brandon Davis Earns UFC Contract for Epic Fight with Austin Arnet (Full Fight Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Brandon Davis Secured a UFC contract with a win over Austin Arnett in what many consider to be the best fight on Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series. read news >>

Watch the Devastating Head Kick That Earned Julian Marquez a UFC Contract (Full Fight Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Julian Marquez landed one of the most Devastating head kick knockouts in MMA history to secure himself a UFC contract. read news >>

Kevin Lee Explains Why He Hopes Tony Ferguson Can Survive to the Championship Rounds at UFC 216 | MMAWeekly.com

Kevin Lee isn't lacking confidence ahead of his first title fight at UFC 216 read news >>

Max Holloway Inks New Multi-Fight Deal with the UFC Ahead of First Title Defense | MMAWeekly.com

Max Holloway wanted a new contract and now he's got it read news >>

UFC 216: Derrick Lewis Rises Against Suddenly Reviled Fabricio Werdum

People love Derrick Lewis. No, seriously. People love him. He's the type of character you'd only ever find in mixed martial arts, a brawling wild man who went from troubled youth to tow truck driver read news >>

Ian McCall fires manager, then gets release from UFC after $100,000 demand

Veteran flyweight Ian McCall today asked for his release from UFC contract after the promotion denied his demand for a $100,000 payout in his next fight.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Watch the Flying Knee KO That Earned Mike Rodriguez a UFC Contract | MMAWeekly.com

Mike Rodriguez seized his opportunity on Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series when he landed a devastating Flying Knee that scored him a UFC contract. read news >>