#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Gokhan Saki #Ovince St. Preux #Conor McGregor #UFC Fight Night 83

Eddie Gordon TUF 19 Finale_1829The Ultimate Fighting Championship crowned two new Ultimate Fighters on Sunday at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, and it only took two minutes, twelve seconds of total fight time.  Eddie Gordon defeated Dhiego Lima to become the TUF 19 middleweight winner while Corey Anderson put Matt Van Buren away to capture the light heavyweight TUF 19 title.

Gordon pressed the pace from the opening bell. He pressured Lima and landed a right hand that staggered the Brazilian native. He followed up with a flurry of punches that dropped his Team Edgar teammate. Lima desperately tried to cover up and get to his feet, but Gordon continued to deliver clean shots until referee Yves Lavigne stepped in to stop the fight at the 1:11 mark of the first round.

“I feel great. First and foremost I want to thank Dhiego Lima, tough dude. He’s like a brother to me. I love him to death,” said Gordon after winning the TUF 19 middleweight tournament.

Following the win, Gordon credited UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman and his coaches for his success.

“I knew it was going to be a war. I know Dhiego is tough, a great all-around athlete, great fighter, but he’s not Chris Weidman. I’m lucky enough to train with the best camp in the world. I’ve got the world champion that I get to train with every day. He got me into this sport. I love him for it. I don’t know where I would be without him,” he said.

“It felt sick, I knew it, I’ve trained so hard for, I feel like I belong here, so far to time, so it come on the right way. So this is the place where I find peace, so it was awesome. I’ve thought for this moment over and over, it came in the exact same way. This win is not only for me, it is a win dedicated to my coaches, my family, my team mates and all the people that was behind me. So it was awesome,” added Gordon.

Anderson made short work of Van Buren in the light heavyweight final.  Anderson landed a combination early and never let up.  Van Buren tried to defend himself but did not return fire.  After being dropped twice, referee Mario Yamasaki stepped in to save Van Buren from taking further punishment.

“It feels great.  Everything I told my family, I told my coaches I was going to do,” said an emotional Anderson following the win.

Galleries

Corey Anderson Fights

• 6 months ago

Comments

Episode No. 1 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 26: A New World Champion'

Check out a recap of episode No. 1 of “The Ultimate Fighter 26,” which will crown the inaugural UFC women’s flyweight champion.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Joby Sanchez Has Fought His Way Back To The UFC | MMAWeekly.com

After being released from the UFC following The Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale in late 2015, flyweight Joby Sanchez has fought his way back to the organization. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 115 Results: Winners, Scorecards for Volkov vs. Struve Card

In a battle for heavyweight contendership, it was No. 7 Alexander Volkov who took a big step forward with a third-round TKO win over No. 8 Stefan Struve at UFC Fight Night 115 in Rotterdam, Netherlan read news >>

Meet 'The Ultimate Fighter 26' cast: Lauren Murphy, UFC veteran who made 'no-brainer' decision

It was tough for Lauren Murphy to leave her husband and son behind to pursue her dream of becoming a UFC champion.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 115 Results: Winners, Scorecards for Volkov vs. Struve Card

Meet 'The Ultimate Fighter 26' cast: Maia Stevenson, who got into boxing thanks to sheriff mom

While husband and UFC vet Joe Stevenson is no stranger to being in the “TUF” house, Maia Stevenson thinks her experience has been quite than different than his so far.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Amanda Nunes and UFC 215's other winners?

Let’s put on a pair of Sean Shelby and Mick Maynard’s shoes, and play UFC matchmaker for Amanda Nunes and UFC 215’s winning fighters.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Favorites Continue to Advance on The Ultimate Fighter 26 | MMAWeekly.com

The quest to become the inaugural UFC women's flyweight champion continued on Wednesday when No. 6 seed Montana Stewart took out No. 11 seed Ariel Beck. read news >>

UFC 215: Nunes vs Shevchenko 2 live results

Who were the winners at UFC 215: Nunes vs Shevchenko 2 live results? Click below to get the results for all the fights at Rogers Place in Edmonton, Canada on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. read news >>

Watch The UFC 215 Post-Fight Press Conference After Tonight's Event | MMAWeekly.com

The big winners from Saturday's UFC 215 fight card will field questions from the media following the event in Edmonton, Canada. read news >>