Yuri Villefort has a lot he wants to share.

One of the welterweight division's top prospects, Villefort was supposed to make his Strikeforce debut alongside his older brother Danillo at Challengers 16 on June 24. However, injuries forced both brothers off of the event and forced the younger Villefort onto an operating table to repair his damaged left knee.

The fighter is documenting his recovery through a series of online video blogs, with a new episode appearing on his official website each week.

“People think that [MMA] is just about getting in there and fighting, but we're going to show people that there are a lot more things involved, like [managing your] stress and taking care of your family while training and dealing with injuries,” Villefort told Sherdog.com. “We'll have doctors talking about what happened with my injury. We have me doing the rehab, training and hopefully fighting some [in the videos].”

Villefort's initially suffered a minor injury to his anterior-cruciate ligament last year, but rather than undergo surgery at the time, he elected to continue training. Only weeks before his Strikeforce debut, the welterweight felt his knee give way, leaving him with surgery as his only option.

“I just did a little rehab and then started training again for this fight [on June 24]. I felt sometimes my knee was a little weak. In a sparring session, I twisted my knee, and the ACL was gone. So was the meniscus,” said Villefort, who will be sidelined for approximately three months.

“The surgery was a success. Everything went perfect. I had a great doctor, and he fully took care of me. The swelling is gone. Let's get ready, you know? Let's get ready to fight.”

As he educates fans on his recovery, Villefort also hopes to shed light on his family life and his relationship with his brother Danillo and their father, Brazilian vale tudo pioneer Francisco Silva.

“My family is all here to help me out and support me. A lot of people don't know about my family, but everybody respects my dad. He's a legend. He used to fight in the early '60s, training together with master Carlson [Gracie],” said Villefort. “My dad, he did everything for us. He helped us in the beginning, and he's really my inspiration. I never saw him fight; I just saw pictures. But when I go in the cage, I go in there to be like my dad.

“[My brother and I] are real cool. We know how to talk to each other, and we don't have any problems. We just like to push ourselves together and try to be the No. 1 family in MMA.”

As mentioned, Villefort is widely regarded as one of the welterweight divisions most promising up-and-comers. Though that distinction carries with it a great deal of weight, Villefort asserts that he is focused only on what lies in his future.

“I was shocked [at how highly people rated me]. I thought, 'Things are really going [places],' you know? But now, I don't feel that it's a good thing. Being the No. 1 prospect is not my goal. [My] short term goal is to be champion in Strikeforce. Then, we'll see how life goes on.”

Bleacher Report's Top 25 MMA Prospects for 2017, Part 1

No sport needs prospects like MMA needs prospects. It's the hard truth underpinning a high churn rate. Pro fighters fall injured or surpass their athletic expiration dates all the time, and for each read news >>

Former UFC title challenger Bethe Correia: 'I feel I'm better than any girl in the bantamweight division'

Onetime title challenger Bethe Correia wants to knock out Marion Reneau in Fortaleza and then face whomever will get her closer to a new shot at the belt: “Maybe Cat Zingano, that would be a great fi read news >>

Gina Carano Offers Advice for Ronda Rousey Fans and Critics | MMAWeekly.com

Former Strikeforce superstar Gina Carano has some advice for fans and critics of Ronda Rousey. read news >>

New division unleashed: Check out the 'UFC 208: Holm vs. De Randamie' extended preview

The UFC returns to New York for the third time in 14 weeks when it brings UFC 208 to Brooklyn next month. Check out the extended video preview for the event inside.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

New division, same Cowboy Cerrone

Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone has had a successful transition into the welterweight division. And he's still the same old Cowboy, looking to fight as often as possible. read news >>

Cerrone vs. Masvidal Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 23

Donald Cerrone’s Cinderella march through the welterweight division encountered its first bit of adversity Saturday at UFC on Fox 23. Jorge Masvidal dashed Cerrone’s four-fight winning streak at 170 read news >>

Is the UFC's women's bantamweight division set for a return to nicer, bleaker days?

The next UFC women’s bantamweight title fight appears to be set, but as champion Amanda Nunes faced off with Valentina Shevchenko after UFC on FOX 23, one didn’t get the sense that we were looking at read news >>

Is Francis Ngannou the Next UFC Heavyweight Champion? (UFC on FOX 23) | MMAWeekly.com

Francis Ngannou has stormed into the UFC heavyweight division. Is he the next great UFC heavyweight champion? read news >>

The Top 25 MMA Prospects for 2017, Part 2

The grind of high-level MMA is remorseless. Injuries, retirements and losing streaks all take their toll on the rosters of the major promotions, which means they constantly need a fresh supply of ath read news >>

Weighing the Options of Francis Ngannou | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Mike Roach/Zuffa LLC In mixed martial arts, the heavyweight division is loved for its thunderous, blink-and-miss-‘em knockouts. At the same time, however, the division is frequently criticiz read news >>