#UFC London #Fabricio Werdum #Alexander Volkov #Jan Blachowicz #Jimi Manuwa #Tony Ferguson #Khabib Nurmagomedov #UFC 223 #Tom Duquesnoy #Terrion Ware #Conor McGregor

You know what to expect from Bellator's Neiman Gracie (you can blame his wife)

Neiman Gracie knows what he’s going to do. His opponents know. We all know. Don’t like it? Blame his wife.

In Friday’s Bellator 185 co-headliner, Gracie (7-0 MMA, 5-0 BMMA) picked up a second-round submission victory over short-notice opponent and fellow welterweight Zak Bucia (18-9 MMA, 0-1 BMMA).

The undefeated 28-year-old Brazilian, who’s the great-grandson of Carlos Gracie, is obviously a jiu-jitsu specialist. In fact, it was a second-round neck crank that earned him his win in the Spike-televised bout at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn.

With his latest victory, Gracie hopes to fight again as early as December. And what’s he going to do in his next bout? The usual.

“I’m going to go for a takedown and try to get my choke, you know?” he said. “It’s safe.

“And I still got to look good. Otherwise, my wife will be mad at me.”

Bucia proved harder to submit than some of his previous WSOF and Bellator opponents. Gracie was appreciative of both the challenge and Bucia’s willingness to take the fight as a replacement for Javier Torres on just a few days’ notice.

“Man, I thank him for taking the fight because he’s a warrior – to take this fight on short notice,” Gracie said. “My other opponent, he got injured, I think, and he backed off the fight with a week’s notice.

“This camp was the craziest camp I ever had because I got hurt so many times. And I thought about leaving the fight too, but once I sign a fight, I never back down. I’ve never done that before. I hurt my back. I hurt my knees. Crazy things happened. I got punched in my ear. My ear got cut … and was the size of a baseball, and I kept training and training.”

Gracie, though, thinks he’ll be cleared to fight again quickly, which is why he’s targeting one more bout before year’s end.

“I want to do this more and more,” he said. “Like I said before, all I do is eat, sleep and train. So, why not fight more?

“Plus I’m having a kid. So I need to make money.”

For more on Bellator 185, check out the MMA Events section of the site.

Bellator's Roy Nelson surprised by Mirko Cro Cop rematch, addresses 'special supplements' use

Roy Nelson didn’t expect a Mirko Cro Cop rematch at Bellator 200, but he had no reluctance about accepting the offer. read news >>

Sam Alvey on taking someone's soul, wife's mission to shut up haters

Sam Alvey loves knocking out opponents because it makes his friends money, and it lets his wife stick it to internet trolls. read news >>

Brian Moore meets Giorgio Belsanti at Bellator 196 in Budapest

The lineup for Bellator’s return to Hungary continues to grow with the addition of a featherweight fight for the main card. read news >>

Watch Bellator's 'Rampage' Jackson surprise manager Tiki Ghosn with new Range Rover

“Rampage” Jackson gave his manager and friend Tiki Ghosn a pretty slick thank you gift for what he said was the best contract of his life. read news >>

UFC, Bellator, WEC vet Diego Nunes meets Yusuke Yachi at Rizin FF 10

A UFC, Bellator and WEC veteran will try to continue his resurgence after a few rough years when he makes his Rizin FF debut this spring. read news >>

Valerie Letourneau ready for whoever – but would love champ Ilima Macfarlane at Bellator 200

Valerie Letourneau isn’t sure when she’ll be fighting next, but she has a very good idea of who she wants it to be against. read news >>

Rafael Lovato Jr. meets John Salter at Bellator 198 near Chicago

The lineup for Bellator’s return to Chicagoland continues to grow with the addition of a middleweight fight. read news >>

Amanda Nunes Headlines UFC 224, but She's Fighting Raquel Pennington, Not Cris Cyborg

UFC women's bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes is going to headline UFC 224, but it won't be against featherweight titleholder Cris Cyborg as many had hoped. Though UFC president Dana White was angli read news >>

Daily Debate: Which Bellator signing will UFC regret most? Larkin, MacDonald, Mitrione or Mousasi?

We asked our readers and MMAjunkie Radio listeners which Bellator signing the UFC would most regret: Larkin, MacDonald, Mitrione or Mousasi? read news >>

Rory MacDonald still recovering from leg injury, says Bellator has no interest in immediate Lima rematch

Rory MacDonald wants to get back in the Bellator cage to defend his welterweight title sooner rather than later, but he’s still not healthy. read news >>

Bellator champs Darrion Caldwell, Patricio Freire have a doozy of a Twitter beef – and there's a pitbull

Darrion Caldwell and Patricio Freire have their differences, but they share two feelings: a desire to fight in the Bellator cage and disdain for each other’s intellect. read news >>

Bellator 196 headliner James Gallagher building highlight reel early in career

Bellator has pegged James Gallagher as one of its potential future stars. Next month, he’ll headline a Bellator show for the first time. read news >>

'Big' John McCarthy's biggest Bellator broadcasting challenge? It's the cussing

John McCarthy’s transition from MMA referee to Bellator broadcaster has been largely a smooth one, though he admits to some challenges. read news >>

Expect a More Focused and Motivated Joseph Benavidez in UFC Return | MMAWeekly.com

Flyweight contender Joseph Benavidez has been sidelined since December 2016 due to injury, but believes it has been something he sorely needed. read news >>

Paul Daley responds to 'bitter' Bellator chief Scott Coker's claim he rejected Michael Page fight

The breakdown in communication between Bellator President Scott Coker and Paul Daley continues. read news >>

Bellator Heavyweight Justin Wren Says Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro Tougher Than Any Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator heavyweight Justin Wren has been a successful fighter for years, but his passion in life extends far beyond the confines of any cage. read news >>

Search for: