#UFC 218 #Conor McGregor #Francis Ngannou #Alistair Overeem #UFC 217 #Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux #Stipe Miocic #GSP #Max Holloway

Neiman Gracie knows what he’s going to do. His opponents know. We all know. Don’t like it? Blame his wife.

In Friday’s Bellator 185 co-headliner, Gracie (7-0 MMA, 5-0 BMMA) picked up a second-round submission victory over short-notice opponent and fellow welterweight Zak Bucia (18-9 MMA, 0-1 BMMA).

The undefeated 28-year-old Brazilian, who’s the great-grandson of Carlos Gracie, is obviously a jiu-jitsu specialist. In fact, it was a second-round neck crank that earned him his win in the Spike-televised bout at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn.

With his latest victory, Gracie hopes to fight again as early as December. And what’s he going to do in his next bout? The usual.

“I’m going to go for a takedown and try to get my choke, you know?” he said. “It’s safe.

“And I still got to look good. Otherwise, my wife will be mad at me.”

Bucia proved harder to submit than some of his previous WSOF and Bellator opponents. Gracie was appreciative of both the challenge and Bucia’s willingness to take the fight as a replacement for Javier Torres on just a few days’ notice.

“Man, I thank him for taking the fight because he’s a warrior – to take this fight on short notice,” Gracie said. “My other opponent, he got injured, I think, and he backed off the fight with a week’s notice.

“This camp was the craziest camp I ever had because I got hurt so many times. And I thought about leaving the fight too, but once I sign a fight, I never back down. I’ve never done that before. I hurt my back. I hurt my knees. Crazy things happened. I got punched in my ear. My ear got cut … and was the size of a baseball, and I kept training and training.”

Gracie, though, thinks he’ll be cleared to fight again quickly, which is why he’s targeting one more bout before year’s end.

“I want to do this more and more,” he said. “Like I said before, all I do is eat, sleep and train. So, why not fight more?

“Plus I’m having a kid. So I need to make money.”

For more on Bellator 185, check out the MMA Events section of the site.

Comments

5 reasons to watch Bellator 188, where Noad Lahat headlines in his native Israel

Bellator is making the most of its time overseas, with Bellator 188 taking place Thursday in Tel Aviv, Israel.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

John Salter Questions Bellator 188 Opponent Jason Radcliffe's Chin | MMAWeekly.com

John Salter (14-3) turns his attention towards facing Jason Radcliffe (12-4) in a main card 185-pound bout at Bellator 188 in Tel Aviv, Israel. read news >>

Bellator 188 weigh-in results: Noad Lahat (146), Jeremiah Labiano (146) official for headliner

The weigh-ins are in the books for this week’s Bellator 188 event, and the fighters on the main card all hit their marks.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Who wins Bellator heavyweight grand prix? A primer on the good, the old and the weird

Bellator’s heavyweight tournament is bound to get weird, which seems to be part of its purpose. So who are these guys, and what are their chances?Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Kimbo Slice the latest to get bobblehead treatment from Bellator – complete with a gold chain

Want another bobblehead to add to your collection next to Fedor, Royce and Randy? Get ready for the Kimbo Slice edition in January.Filed under: Bellator, Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News read news >>

From Brazil's karate team to the Bellator cage, Luiz Victor Rocha unshaken by bright lights

Luiz Victor Rocha is fighting on the Bellator MMA stage sooner than he expected but feels comfortable thanks to a life of competing in karate.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Check out Noad Lahat's highlight reel before his main event at Bellator 188

Before he steps in the cage for his first main event for a major promotion, check out some of Noad Lahat’s highlights courtesy of Bellator.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Will home pressure get to Noad Lahat in Bellator 188 headliner? Jimmy Smith weighs in

Is the pressure on for Noad Lahat when he fights for Bellator for the second time in front of his home fans in Tel Aviv? Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Matt Serra's take on Conor McGregor's Bellator 187 incident? 'Man, (expletive) that dude'

If you thought the news cycle was over for the Conor McGregor incident in Dublin, think again. Matt Serra has chimed in with a few F-bombs.Filed under: Bellator, Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, U read news >>

Watch MMAjunkie Radio here (1 p.m. ET) with Bellator champ Ryan Bader, Phil Baroni

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off today at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) with guests Ryan Bader and Phil Baroni.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>