TOKYO -- Japanese entertainment management group J-Rock announced Monday that it will host a one-time MMA event called “Astra” dedicated to the retirement of J-Rock client Hidehiko Yoshida.

The show will be held at the 14,000-seat Nippon Budokan in Tokyo on April 25. Yoshida, a 1992 Olympic judo gold medalist and Japanese MMA superstar, will headline against a yet-to-be-determined opponent.

“As a long-time judo athlete, the Nippon Budokan is a very special venue for me,” Yoshida said. “There's something special about ending my career there.”

Yoshida indicated physical deterioration over the course of his nearly eight-year career as the impetus behind his retirement decision.

“I wanted to announce my retirement on New Year's Eve, but so many things were happening with Dynamite and Sengoku that I just couldn't do it then,” he said. “As I continued fighting, I was feeling sorry for the fans that came out and paid to see me, even though I could not physically perform at my very best to satisfy them.”

The card will also feature a host of Yoshida's pupils: UFC and Pride veteran Kazuhiro Nakamura, 2000 Sydney Games judo gold medalist Makoto Takimoto, standout featherweight Michihiro Omigawa and unbeaten prospect Tatsunao Nagakura.

J-Rock President and former World Victory Road Director Takahiro Kokuho stated that Astra would feature nine or 10 bouts and could include fighters from other promotions such as Dream or Strikeforce.

“There are so many fighters I'd like to fight against,” Yoshida said. “I don't know if my wish will come true, but my most interesting fight was against Wanderlei Silva. I know it wouldn't be possible now, but I'd like to have a retirement bout as exciting as that one was against whomever I do end up fighting.”

One of 2009's breakout fighters, Yoshida understudy Michihiro Omigawa tabbed WEC featherweight champion Jose Aldo and Dream featherweight champion Bibiano Fernandes as the fighters he would most like to face.

Broadcast details for Astra were also tentative. Kokuho claimed to be working out a deal with Japanese premium cable network Skyperfect TV for a pay-per-view broadcast. Kokuho also said he is planning to broadcast the event internationally, but he could not comment on specifics.

Twitter reacts to Tito Ortiz's retirement-fight victory over Chael Sonnen at Bellator 170

Tito Ortiz’s long and illustrious MMA career ended on a high on Saturday night. Check out the top reactions on social media.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Tito Ortiz and Dana White Buried the Hatchet Following Retirement Bout | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz and UFC president Dana White have had an up-and-down relationship, but buried that hatchet on Saturday. read news >>

Rampage Jackson and King Mo Squabble Over Rematch (video) | MMAWeekly.com

After Bellator announced that Quinton "Rampage" Jackson would rematch Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal, the two held a contentious press conference. read news >>

LFA 4 Gets New Championship Main Event | MMAWeekly.com

Legacy Fighting Alliance CEO Ed Soares announced on Monday that LFA 4, on Feb. 17, will have a new main event. read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Nate Marquardt talks staving off retirement, fighting former training partner in Alvey

DENVER – It wasn’t that long ago that Nate Marquardt was ready to hang up his gloves and move on to something else. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Champ Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson rematch headlines UFC 210 in Buffalo

A light heavyweight title fight will headline UFC 210.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson 2 Announced for UFC 210: Details, Reaction

The UFC announced Wednesday that Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson will meet in a rematch of their May 2015 clash at UFC 210 in Buffalo, New York, on April 8. Cormier (18-1) secured a victory via su read news >>

UFC Fight Night 105's Johny Hendricks now serious about retirement talk if 185 doesn't work out

Johny Hendricks has talked about the possibility of retirement before. It came recently, in fact.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 draws announced attendance of 13,233 for live gate north of $1 million in Denver

DENVER – Today’s UFC on FOX 23 event drew an announced attendance of 13,233 for a live gate of $1,020,434.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Valentina Shevchenko Earns Bonus for Submitting Julianna Pena (UFC Denver Fighter Bonuses) | MMAWeekly.com

The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced the fighter bonuses stemming from Saturday's UFC Denver during the post-fight press conference at the Pepsi Center. read news >>