#Conor McGregor #UFC Fight Night 83 #Nate Diaz #Luke Rockhold #Jon Jones #David Branch #Michael Bisping #UFC 215 #Saturday Night Fights

The following article was written by Kevin Iole and was originally published by official MMAWeekly.com content partner Yahoo! Sports.

Dana-White-UFC-144-pre-press-4SAN JOSE, Calif. – While promoting a card in Sweden earlier this month, UFC president Dana White made a stop in Dusseldorf, Germany, to undergo an experimental treatment to help him with his Meniere’s disease.

White underwent platelet-rich plasma therapy after receiving a tip from New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez.

Meniere’s is an inner ear disorder with symptoms that include vertigo. The symptoms, at their worst, could require White to lie quietly for many hours at a time, rendering him unable to work.

White underwent surgery in the United States last year and said the procedure didn’t help much. He was, however, enthused about the results from the PRP therapy.

“It was [expletive] amazing; just amazing,” a jovial White said Thursday at the HP Pavilion, where he is promoting a card on Saturday. “I’m done. I’m good. I’m still going to eat the way I’m supposed to eat and do what I’m supposed to do, but when I tell you that healed me, wow. Literally, I got the shot on a Sunday at 3:30 in the afternoon. I had the shot at 3:30 in the afternoon in Germany. I flew home [to Las Vegas] and got home late Sunday night.

“I got up on Monday morning to fly to Stanford. I spoke at Stanford business school. I flew back and was in the office for a while and when I woke up on Tuesday, I felt like Superman. I almost flew to work.”

White has had persistent symptoms, more than 11 times a month. At one postfight news conference, he was so dizzy as he was standing that he tightly gripped the podium so he wouldn’t fall over.

The therapy removes platelets from the blood, which are then injected back into the area. White had a large needle mark still visible on his right arm.

He held up a 32-ounce bottle of water and said the nurse took three similarly sized bottles of his blood.

“The lady asked me, ‘Do you have problems with needles?’ ” White said. “And I’m like, ‘Nope. Don’t bother me at all.’ She sticks the needle in me and I’m like, ‘Oh my God. This lady doesn’t know what she’s doing. That hurt.’ I looked down and they had a Slurpee straw in my arm.”

White said the blood was spun and then several days later, he returned and doctors had a yellowish substance that they removed from the blood and injected into him.

Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant, Pope John Paul II and actor George Clooney are among other celebrities to undergo the procedure.

White was told it works well for those who are suffering from Parkinson’s disease, so he called noted boxing trainer Freddie Roach and recommended it to him. Roach has a bad case of trauma-induced Parkinson’s.

White is now a huge booster.

“I haven’t felt this good in two years,” he said. “I was having attacks every single day. Every day. Some were worse than others, and it’s not like I was having attacks every day where I was down for nine hours, but I’d have to go lay down in my office for 15 minutes or something.

“I always felt dizzy. I never felt good. When I tried to work out, the music in the gym was killing me. The music was killing me. I’m working out like a maniac now. I’ve never felt so good in my life.”

Comments

Is Dana White's Relationship with Jon Jones Over? | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White briefly talked about his relationship with Jon Jones with the press at the UFC 215 216 media day on Thursday. TRENDING > Jon Jones' Manager Confounded, Refuses to Believe Jon read news >>

The MMA Road Show with John Morgan No. 126 – Las Vegas: The Money Fight talk, featuring Conor McGregor, Dana White

Episode No. 126 of “The MMA Road Show with John Morgan” podcast, featuring Kevin Lee, Ray Borg, Andrew McGahon, Mike Bohn, Chamatkar Sandhu and Fiasco Jones, is now available for streaming and downlo read news >>

Dana White More Nervous About Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather Than Any Other Fight Ever | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White is more nervous about Conor McGregor's boxing bout against Floyd Mayweather Jr. than any other fight... ever. read news >>

Dana White isn't optimistic about UFC champ Jon Jones' B sample, laments what could've been

In two words, UFC President Dana White sums up the Jon Jones situation after a failed drug test: “It’s bad.”Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Teases Mayweather vs. McGregor Is Not Sold Out But Will Break Records | MMAWeekly.com

By all accounts, Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor will definitely be the biggest fight of the year but it may not be a sell out. Tickets still remain available for the mega-fight taking place on S read news >>

Dana White won't commit to Ferguson-Lee interim title winner as Conor McGregor's next MMA fight

Tony Ferguson and Kevin Lee are fighting for the interim lightweight title at UFC 216, but that doesn’t mean the winner gets Conor McGregor.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Why Dana White isn't attending Ronda Rousey's wedding

Unfortunately, Dana White has something going on that day and won’t be able to make it. to Ronda Rousey’s wedding.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Rips Oscar De La Hoya for 'F--k You' Tweet at Mayweather-McGregor

After Oscar De La Hoya had some choice words for Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor on Twitter prior to Friday's weigh-in, UFC president Dana White shared his own message for the former boxing c read news >>

Dana White Sick to His Stomach with Excitement: Mayweather vs. McGregor Embedded | MMAWeekly.com

On Episode 5 of Mayweather vs. McGregor Embedded, Floyd “Money” Mayweather does more media as the “Fight of the Century” draws nearer. read news >>

Dana White on Oscar De La Hoya's May-Mac tweet: Is he 'snorting coke and drinking booze?'

Oscar De La Hoya attempted to throw one final jab at Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor, and UFC President Dana White wasn’t having it. Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>