#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Bellator MMA #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Paul Daley #Conor McGregor

Stephanie EgginkAdmittedly, XFC 115-pound female fighter Stephanie “Snowflake” Eggink’s last performance for the promotion this past April against Brianna VanBuren was less than stellar, despite winning the fight.

“I was really unhappy with my performance,” said Eggink. “I was really sick and was holding it back while I was warming up and everything. The weight cut at that time was a little bit trickier and having that added stress made me sick and I didn’t perform well because of it.

“Brianna was tough and a lot stronger than I thought she’d be, but I was just able to out-skill her. I still got the win and most of that has to do with heart. I don’t lose easily.”

The fight was initially supposed to be Eggink versus Angela Magana, but Magana was forced out of the bout due to injury. With Eggink’s win, the two will now meet on Friday for the XFC 115-pound title, and it’s been nothing but bad blood between the two since the signing of their initial fight.

“I don’t know what she’s been saying because I’ve blocked her on Facebook, I’ve blocked her on Twitter, and I’ve blocked her friends who were all saying stuff about me,” said Eggink of Magana. “I already hate her. I have this deep desire to inflict pain upon her, so if I hear anything else… I don’t want to fight with anger. I want to fight intelligently. I don’t want to hate her any more than I already do.

“It’s all going to get settled in the cage and she’s going to wish that she never opened her mouth about me. I’m really stoked to beat her ass.”

Feelings aside, Eggink told MMAWeekly.com that she feels technically superior in addition to physically advantageous in the fight.

“I’m not going to back down from (Magana) at all,” said Eggink. “I’m definitely not afraid of her. I have no fear of her in any way or of anything she can do to me in this fight.

“There’s nowhere I don’t feel comfortable. I have a pretty extensive boxing background and I work with Shayna Baszler now, and before transitions were my biggest weakness, but now, it’s not at all. I feel comfortable everywhere. There’s nowhere I feel she’s going to be dominant.”

For Eggink, winning a title is fine, but it’s more so the fight at the moment she’s focused on.

“Right now, I’m just trying to look at it like a fight,” she said. “All I see is two extra rounds.

“I’m not really looking at what the potential is for if I win and what it means or whatever. Obviously there’s going to be a lot of doors opening in terms of everything, and that’s awesome, but that’s not necessarily what I’m thinking about right now.”

Once Sept. 6 is over, then it’s titles that will be on Eggink’s mind.

“Well, this will be my third fight for the XFC and I have two more for them, so I hope to defend the belt for those two times and go from there,” she said. “I’ve talked to (XFC president) John Prisco about fighting at 125 a couple of times, and I would be more than happy to hold the belt in the 115 and 125 weight classes.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Comments

Dawson finally able to pursue dream job

Last week was a good one for Grant Dawson. Just days removed from an Aug. 15 win over Adrian Diaz that pushed his pro MMA record to 12-1 and earned him a UFC contract, the Missouri featherweight got read news >>

Struve believes he's best he's ever been

Almost nine years and 18 fights into his UFC career, Stefan Struve is finally starting to show just how dangerous he can be inside the Octagon. The 29-year-old returns to action Saturday, headlining read news >>

Nate Diaz gives Conor McGregor's 'Money Fight' performance 1 middle finger up

Nate Diaz has finally weighed in on Conor McGregor’s “Money Fight” against Floyd Mayweather, and he gives his rival’s performance one middle finger up.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, read news >>

Ex-UFC champ Germaine de Randamie completes hand surgery with 'no complications'

Ex-UFC champ Germaine de Randamie finally underwent hand surgery, and from all indications it was a success. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Jon Jones Breaks his Silence: 'I Would Never Do Steroids' | MMAWeekly.com

Jon Jones has finally broken his silence after a drug test administered one day ahead of his fight against Daniel Cormier came back positive for the steroid Turinabol. Jones gave the sample on July 2 read news >>

Fire-Breathing Luke Rockhold Looks to Reassert Himself as Top UFC Middleweight

Now that Luke Rockhold is finally set to return to the Octagon on Saturday in the main event of UFC Fight Night 116, you think it's possible the disgruntled former middleweight champ might tone thing read news >>

Champion Andrea Lee Thinks He's A Better Fighter Than Her LFA 23 Opponent | MMAWeekly.com

Andrea Lee will finally get the opportunity to defend her 125-pound title when she takes on Jamie Thorton in the LFA 23 co-main event on Friday. read news >>

Paige VanZant Reveals Title and Cover for Her New Book Due Out in 2018 | MMAWeekly.com

Paige VanZant will release her first book in 2018 and she's finally revealed the title and the cover for her upcoming autobiography. The book will be titled "Rise: Surviving the Fight of My Life", wh read news >>

UFC-Japan opened with 2 guys doing major damage to each other's face

The curtain-jerker at UFC Fight Night 117 turned out to be bad news for faces.Filed under: Blue Corner, News, UFC read news >>

After postponement for UFC 215 fight, Jeremy Stephens finally got married over the weekend

• 3 hours ago

After pushing back his wedding to fight at UFC 215, Jeremy Stephens had his wedding over the weekend.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>