#UFC Fight Night 83 #Luke Rockhold #Conor McGregor #David Branch #Saturday Night Fights #GGG #Nate Diaz #UFC 215 #Michael Bisping #Time To Shine

scott-barrettThe Las Vegas-based World Series of Fighting promotion has added two more fighters to its roster as heavyweight Scott Barrett (13-3) and welterweight Valdir Araujo (14-4) have each signed multi-fight deals to the promotion.

WSOF officials today announced the new contracts.

“It’s always exciting to ink deals with exciting fighters, and today is no exception,” WSOF President Ray Sefo stated. “Both of these fighters have a history of putting on incredible performances, and I can’t wait to see what they can accomplish in our promotion.”

“The Bear” Barrett, a 29-year-old who currently trains with the Blackzilians, has fought professionally since 2007 and has earned 10 of this 13 career wins by knockout.

“Signing with the WSOF means the world to me,” Barrett stated. “Fighting for one of the biggest organizations out there is every fighter’s goal. Now it’s time to show everyone who I am and what I can do.

“Being part of the Blackzilians has made me a different and more dangerous fighter. I can’t wait to put it all together and get in the cage. I’m here to put on a show and get finishes.”

Meanwhile, Araujo is the reigning welterweight champion of Florida’s Championship Fighting Alliance promotion but is vacating the belt in favor of a WSOF contract.

“World Series of Fighting has got a lot of excitement surrounding their welterweight division right now,” Araujo stated. “I’m honored to be a part of that excitement and show the world that I’m a warrior and champion in this sport.”

Both fighters are expected to debut for the promotion in early 2014.

For more on World Series of Fighting’s upcoming schedule, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.

(Pictured: Scott Barrett)

Comments

Floyd Mayweather Says Paulie Malignaggi Spied on Conor McGregor for Him

Floyd Mayweather Jr. added another layer to his feud with Conor McGregor on Thursday, saying that he and former McGregor sparring partner Paulie Malignaggi conspired so Malignaggi could spy on McGreg read news >>

Colby Covington goes off on 'fraud' UFC champ Tyron Woodley – and adds Snoop Dogg

Colby Covington has nothing good to say about Tyron Woodley or Snoop Dogg and his bad-mouthing of UFC fighters. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

John Dodson Announces His Fight Against Marlon Moraes at UFC Fight Night in Virginia | MMAWeekly.com

A bantamweight scrap has been added to the UFC card in Norfolk, VA on Nov. 11 read news >>

'PFL: Washington D.C.' adds Blagoy Ivanov vs. Caio Alencar, Lance Palmer vs. TBA

The Professional Fighters League’s final event of 2017 now has its first two fights – or at least one-and-a-half matchups.Filed under: News, PFL read news >>

Tim Elliott vs. Justin Scoggins added to UFC on FOX 26 in Winnipeg

December’s UFC on FOX 26 lineup has a few flyweight addition: former title challenger Tim Elliott vs. Justin Scoggins.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Nick Newell, Former WSOF Title Challenger, Returns from Retirement | MMAWeekly.com

Former World Series of Fighting lightweight championship challenger Nick Newell has ended a two-year retirement to return to the cage. read news >>

Pedro Munhoz vs. Rob Font added to UFC Fight Night 119 in Brazil

Pedro Munhoz will look to extend his winning streak in a hometown fight in Sao Paulo against Rob Font.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Henry Cejudo: ‘I'm The One To Beat Demetrious Johnson'

“I’m the one. I know I’m the one. I have the style. I have the wrestling. I know I’m the one to beat Demetrious Johnson,” added the 30-year-old Californian. read news >>

Warlley Alves vs. Jim Wallhead added to UFC Fight Night 118 in Poland

The lineup for the UFC’s return to Poland continues to fill out, and a welterweight matchup with two fighters in dire need of a win is the latest addition.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Watch David Branch Get the Better of Krzysztof Jotko (UFC Pittsburgh Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out former World Series of Fighting dual-division champ David Branch's return to the Octagon, as he bested Krzysztof Jotko at UFC 211. read news >>