Holly HolmThree-division world boxing champion Holly Holm on Tuesday announced that she is retiring from boxing for a full-time pursuit of a career in mixed martial arts, effective after her May 11 boxing bout with Mary McGee.

“Since I first started fighting, it became my passion,” an emotional Holm explained. “I decided a long time ago, after quitting school to fight, that I would box as long as my heart was in it. One of my biggest and controversial fights was against Christy Martin. Then, it was Mary Jo Sanders. There’s always a champion. This is my own journey. Every one of my fights have helped me to believe in myself.

“I’ve grown so much every step of the way. I’m in this fight, on May 11, 100-percent; I’m not distracted,” she continued. “This is obviously an emotional, spiritual and physical journey, and I’m so grateful for the people who have supported me.

“I just want to fight where my passion is (MMA). I train in an MMA gym and always have.”

The 31-year-old has amassed a record of 32-2-3 in the boxing ring since she debuted back in 2002. She is also 1-0 in kickboxing and 3-0 in mixed martial arts. It is unclear yet which MMA promotion she will fight for.

Paul Daley Scores 29th Career Knockout, Calls Out Rory MacDonald (Bellator 170 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Paul Daley rebounded from a decision loss to Douglas Lima in July by knocking out Brennan Ward in the first round of the Bellator 170 co-main event on Saturday. read news >>

Tito Ortiz Taps Out Chael Sonnen in Final Fight of His Career (Bellator 170 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

It was Tito Ortiz's final trip to the cage when he faced Chael Sonnen at Bellator 170. He made it a memorable one. read news >>

Rampage Jackson and King Mo Squabble Over Rematch (video) | MMAWeekly.com

After Bellator announced that Quinton "Rampage" Jackson would rematch Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal, the two held a contentious press conference. read news >>

LFA 4 Gets New Championship Main Event | MMAWeekly.com

Legacy Fighting Alliance CEO Ed Soares announced on Monday that LFA 4, on Feb. 17, will have a new main event. read news >>

Bellator 171's Melvin Guillard eyes fight with Paul Daley, wants to avoid B.J. Penn-like career end

Melvin Guillard has a bout with Chidi Njokuani lined up for Friday’s Bellator 171 event, but he’s already considering what could come after, and he’s seeking an explosive fight in the welterweight di read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson 2 Announced for UFC 210: Details, Reaction

The UFC announced Wednesday that Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson will meet in a rematch of their May 2015 clash at UFC 210 in Buffalo, New York, on April 8. Cormier (18-1) secured a victory via su read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 draws announced attendance of 13,233 for live gate north of $1 million in Denver

DENVER – Today’s UFC on FOX 23 event drew an announced attendance of 13,233 for a live gate of $1,020,434.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Valentina Shevchenko Earns Bonus for Submitting Julianna Pena (UFC Denver Fighter Bonuses) | MMAWeekly.com

The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced the fighter bonuses stemming from Saturday's UFC Denver during the post-fight press conference at the Pepsi Center. read news >>

Pena vs. Shevchenko Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 23

With Ronda Rousey's career possibly over, the UFC women's bantamweight division is officially trying to move on. The first step in doing so? Determining the next challenger for reigning champion Aman read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 video highlights: Jason Knight vs. Alex Caceres

In the biggest fight of his career, Jason Knight came through with flying colors, and “The Kid” may have graduated to manhood at UFC on FOX 23.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>