#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Bellator MMA #Paul Daley #Conor McGregor #Lorenz Larkin

Holly HolmThree-division world boxing champion Holly Holm on Tuesday announced that she is retiring from boxing for a full-time pursuit of a career in mixed martial arts, effective after her May 11 boxing bout with Mary McGee.

“Since I first started fighting, it became my passion,” an emotional Holm explained. “I decided a long time ago, after quitting school to fight, that I would box as long as my heart was in it. One of my biggest and controversial fights was against Christy Martin. Then, it was Mary Jo Sanders. There’s always a champion. This is my own journey. Every one of my fights have helped me to believe in myself.

“I’ve grown so much every step of the way. I’m in this fight, on May 11, 100-percent; I’m not distracted,” she continued. “This is obviously an emotional, spiritual and physical journey, and I’m so grateful for the people who have supported me.

“I just want to fight where my passion is (MMA). I train in an MMA gym and always have.”

The 31-year-old has amassed a record of 32-2-3 in the boxing ring since she debuted back in 2002. She is also 1-0 in kickboxing and 3-0 in mixed martial arts. It is unclear yet which MMA promotion she will fight for.

Galleries

Holly Holm Fights

• 7 months ago

Comments

Floyd Mayweather giving his word on retirement: 'Any guy that's calling me out? Forget it'

After reaching a historic 50-0 mark, Floyd Mayweather says UFC lightweight champ Conor McGregor was his last opponent.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Bellator 182's Bruna Ellen happy with big win over Veta Arteaga, but in no rush with her career

After edging Veta Arteaga at Bellator 182 win, Bruna Ellen is satisfied with how the strategy to halt her opponent’s aggression panned out.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

UFC and 7-Eleven, Inc. Sign Sponsorship Agreement

UFC®, the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization, today announced a new agreement with 7-Eleven®, the world’s largest convenience store chain, in which the industry-leader will serve as the read news >>

UFC Refund Fans for Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor Pay-Per-View Problems

The UFC has announced it will refund fans who were unable to watch Conor McGregor's fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. on Saturday due to technical difficulties. UFC President Dana White released a stat read news >>

UFC and Kitman Labs Launch Innovative Sports Science Program

UFC® and Kitman Labs® today announced a multi-year partnership to deliver an innovative sports science and medicine program to all athletes competing under the UFC banner as they visit the UFC Perfor read news >>

Struve believes he's best he's ever been

Almost nine years and 18 fights into his UFC career, Stefan Struve is finally starting to show just how dangerous he can be inside the Octagon. The 29-year-old returns to action Saturday, headlining read news >>

Stefan Struves on Alexander Volkov: 'I'm the Best Fighter That He's Faced in His Career' | MMAWeekly.com

Stefan Struve pulls no punches when it comes to his confidence going against Alexander Volkov read news >>

UFC announces FITE TV as PPV streaming partner after Mayweather-McGregor debacle

The leading MMA promotion has announced a new partner for pay-per-view events.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC and FITE TV Announce New Television Distribution Partnership

UFC®, the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization, today announced a new digital partnership with combat sports network FITE TV, to broadcast the global brand’s Pay-Per-View events on its read news >>

UFC-Rotterdam results: Abdul-Kerim Edilov debuts with beatdown of Bojan Mihajlovic

Debuting 205-pounder Abdul-Kerim Edilov announced his UFC arrival with an absolute beatdown of Serbia’s Bojan Mihajlovic.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>