LAS VEGAS — President Trump has been invited to attend the boxing clash between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor, Mayweather’s business advisor, Leonard Ellerbe, said on Thursday.
“I haven’t personally invited the president, but I am told an invitation is out there,” Ellerbe said in a media session at Mayweather’s workout day. “Whether he comes or not we are going to have a great event.”
McGregor (21-3 MMA, 9-1 UFC) and Mayweather (49-0 boxing) face off on Aug. 26 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas in a pay-per-view event expected to be the most lucrative prize fight of all time.
Before his political aspirations gathered full steam, Trump and his wife Melania were present at Mayweather’s decision victory over Manny Pacquiao in April 2015.
Trump is close friends with event co-promoter and UFC President Dana White, having hosted UFC events at his Atlantic City property in the organization’s early days. White spoke out strongly in favor of Trump during the presidential campaign, even taking the stage at the Republican National Convention last year.
“Every A-lister wants to be involved in this fight,”Ellerbe said. “There is tremendous interest from all kinds of people.”
Matt Damon, Angelina Jolie, LeBron James and Kobe Bryant are among those expected to be in attendance.
For more on “The Money Fight: Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor,” check out the MMA Rumors section of the site.view original article >>
UFC President Dana White says more than 1,500 first responders from the Las Vegas shooting will be at Saturday’s UFC 216.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
UFC President Dana White watched coverage of last week’s mass shooting in Las Vegas and knew what the company needed to do. And it didn’t involve canceling Saturday’s UFC 216 event.Filed under: News, read news >>
UFC President Dana White has admitted a lightweight title unification showdown between Conor McGregor and Tony Ferguson "has to happen." Ferguson won the interim lightweight crown at UFC 216 in Las V read news >>
Mark Hunt issued an expletive-filled message to UFC President Dana White after the heavyweight fighter was removed from the UFC Fight Night show in Sydney, Australia, on Nov. 19. Hunt's message to Wh read news >>
UFC president Dana White had a strong message in response to the Las Vegas shooting to open UFC 216 on Saturday night. read news >>
UFC President Dana White said on a recent episode of ESPN's Dan Le Batard Show that WWE would not allow Brock Lesnar to fight again in the UFC while under contract with WWE. During the interview (h/t read news >>
UFC President Dana White told TMZ Sports on Thursday the company decided to remove Mark Hunt from its event in Sydney next month as a medical precaution. "Sometimes, you gotta protect these guys from read news >>
On Thursday, UFC President Dana White shot down rumors that Conor McGregor was in negotiations to appear at WrestleMania 34 in New Orleans. Appearing on Good Day New York (h/t Corey Jacobs of Wrestli read news >>
UFC president Dana White agrees with the likes of Michael Bisping and Mark Hunt, who are calling for tougher anti-doping violation sanctions. read news >>
UFC president Dana White said this week that former light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is the biggest waste of talent in the history of sports. On Tuesday, Jim Edwards of MMAUno passed along White' read news >>