#Bellator 185 #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Bellator MMA #Kristina Williams #Heather Hardy #Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Neiman Gracie #Zak Bucia #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #GSP

Quinton Jackson (file photo) moved back into the proverbial mix Saturday. | Photo: Sherdog.com

It wasn’t pretty, but Quinton “Rampage” Jackson got the job done at UFC 130 and may have earned himself a title shot in the process.

Following Jackson’s one-sided but methodical decision win over Matt Hamill at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, UFC President Dana White addressed the possibility of Jackson challenging for Jon Jones’ light heavyweight title in the fall, stating that a title shot would depend on the severity of an apparent hand injury that “Rampage” sustained last year.

“Obviously, Rampage came out and looked good in the beginning [against Hamill]. He gassed out halfway through the fight. I say it all the time: the guy has got to stay busy,” White remarked during the post-fight press conference. “After the fight, Rampage said he had a fractured hand. That sucks. Hopefully it’s not [fractured] and we can keep him busy. He’s one of the best of the world. When he’s on, he’s on.”

Though Jackson managed to earn the unanimous victory Saturday, the injury that apparently hampered him against Hamill was originally sustained away from both the cage and the training room.

“Honestly, I hurt my hand in Japan back in December, [around] Christmas,” said Jackson. “[I was] drunk and [play] fighting around with my friend... I thought it would heal up.”

Regarding his bout with Hamill, Jackson was honest in his appraisal of his performance, noting that there was room for improvement despite the verdict going his way. The former champion managed to avoid all of Hamill’s takedown attempts while making “The Hammer” pay with counter punches after most of the failed shots.

“I was OK with my performance, but I wanted to do a little bit more. I knew I could stay on my feet with Matt Hamill,” said Jackson. “Matt had a great game plan. As soon as I got in there with him, I saw how far away he was standing so he could take me down. I wanted to come in and put some bungalows on him... but I’ll live.”

To that end, Jackson expressed his disappointment in his inability to deliver a knockout against his durable opponent.

“I wanted a knockout. You guys know how I am,” said Jackson. “Matt has never been knocked out before. I found that out a couple of days ago and I didn’t know that. I saw that as a personal challenge. I don’t think nobody is going to be able to knock him out. He’s tough. I think Matt has got a long future in this sport. I’m telling you, I was trying to knock his head off.”

Comments

LFA 23 results: James Nakashima takes home title in foul-marred affair

It wasn’t the prettiest of contests, but James Nakashima is now the LFA welterweight champion after earning a decision win over Derrick Krantz in a 25-minute affair.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

Back injury knocks Paige VanZant out of flyweight fight vs. Jessica Eye at UFC 216

An injury has forced Paige VanZant out of her flyweight debut against Jessica Eye at UFC 216 in Las Vegas. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

His Star May Be Rising Now, but Anthony Smith Took the Long Way to UFC Success

It wasn’t that long ago. Anthony Smith still clearly remembers the time when he and his girlfriend had to shake down the couch cushions for change so they could get something to eat. He also remember read news >>

VanZant forced out of 216 bout with Eye

Due to injury, Paige VanZant has been forced to withdraw from her UFC 216 bout against Jessica Eye on Oct. 7. read news >>

Floyd Mayweather got some Conor McGregor artwork, and fans weren't impressed

Perhaps Conor McGregor wasn’t his most dangerous boxing opponent, but Floyd Mayweather knows he was one of his most lucrative – and he’s honored “The Notorious.”Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Vid read news >>

Injury-Free Pat Curran Aching to Overcome a Broken Couple of Years at Bellator 184 | MMAWeekly.com

On October 6 in Thackerville, Oklahoma, Pat Curran (22-7) takes on John Teixeira (21-2-2) in a main card 145-pound bout at Bellator 184. read news >>

Augusto Mendes reveals injury, withdrawal from UFC Fight Night 119 bout vs. Boston Salmon

Grappling standout Augusto Mendes will have to wait a little bit longer before making his return to the octagon.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Knee injury, surgery forces Teemu Packalen from UFC Fight night 118 vs. Marcin Held

The UFC’s return to Poland later this month for UFC Fight Night 118 has taken a hit to one of its featured bouts. Filed under: News read news >>

Twitter reacts to Derrick Lewis' late withdrawal from UFC 216 vs. Fabricio Werdum

Check out the top Twitter reactions to Derrick Lewis’ injury and withdrawal from UFC 216 vs. Fabricio Werdum.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Champ Demetrious Johnson breaks down 'Mighty Armbar,' reveals potential knee injury

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson used his opponent’s fighting philosophy against him to break the all-time title defense record at UFC 216.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>