Dana White says Brock Lesnar is far from done. | Photo: Sherdog.com
After losing his title to Cain Velasquez at UFC 121 this past October, Lesnar's well-documented diverticulitis returned. As a result, Lesnar was forced to withdraw from a planned UFC 131 meeting with Junior dos Santos to undergo surgery on May 27.
Since going under the knife a second time to combat his persistent intestinal disorder, Lesnar's condition has been kept relatively private. According to White, however, rumors of the fighter retiring are unfounded, as Lesnar is now back to full strength.
“That's ridiculous. That's so far from the truth, it's not even funny,” White told the media on Friday. “He's been working up on a farm in Canada all summer. He's back to 100 percent, and he's getting back into training in the next couple of weeks.”
Lesnar captured the heavyweight title in just his fourth professional bout. A former NCAA champion at the University of Minnesota and later a star in pro-wrestling, Lesnar debuted with the UFC in 2008, losing by submission to Frank Mir at UFC 81. The monstrous heavyweight would rebound from the defeat, however, notching victories over Heath Herring and Randy Couture to win the heavyweight championship.
The former Golden Gopher would defend the belt successfully twice, battering Mir in July 2009 before being struck by his first bout with diverticulitis that fall. Lesnar was forced to withdraw from a planned UFC 106 showdown with Shane Carwin, but the 34-year-old would return to the Octagon the following summer, finishing Carwin with an arm-triangle choke at UFC 116.view original article >>
UFC President Dana White had harsh words for boxing legend Oscar De La Hoya after De La Hoya was critical of the proposed superfight between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather. In an interview with read news >>
UFC president Dana White calls BS on Oscar De La Hoya's comments about Conor McGregor boxing Floyd Mayweather, which is a flip of what he said in the past. read news >>
UFC President Dana White told reporters Wednesday he thinks a 50-50 purse split for the proposed boxing match between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather Jr. would be "pretty fair." "We haven't even read news >>
Dana White joins Matt and guest co-host Ray Longo in-studio to discuss the Gustafsson vs. Teixeira fight, Al Iaquinta, the Cris Cyborg/Angela Magana situation and more. Before that, Interim UFC Feath read news >>
Viviane Pereira overcame the difficulty of making her UFC debut on short notice when she defeated Valerie Letourneau. Backed by a full training camp in her sophomore appearance, Pereira intends to di read news >>
UFC president Dana White on Thursday insisted that Cris "Cyborg" Justino would next fight at UFC 214 on July 29 in Anaheim, Calif. read news >>
Dana White joins UFC Unfiltered to discuss the Gustafsson vs. Teixeira fight, the Cris Cyborg/Angela Magana situation and Cyborg's next fight, and more. read news >>
UFC President Dana White said he can’t understand why UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson would turn down the opportunity to get a piece of pay-per-view revenue for the first time in his career read news >>
Vitor Belfort hinted at retirement following his fight against Kelvin Gastelum in March, but has since decided that he's not going anywhere. read news >>
RIO DE JANEIRO – As he was escorted out of the octagon, Max Holloway was spitting fire in the direction of UFC President Dana White after claiming the undisputed featherweight title at UFC 212.Filed read news >>