#Conor McGregor #Dynasty of Heroes #Fight One #UFC 211 #Ramsey Nijem #Julian Lane #Justin Buchholz #Nate Diaz #Ben Askren #Duane Ludwig #Jon Jones #Diaz vs. McGregor 2 #Angela Lee #Shinya Aoki #Cat Zingano

Georges St-Pierre UFC 111When a UFC champion walks out to the Octagon, especially a fighter like Georges St-Pierre, who is considered among the top pound-for-pound fighters on the planet, what goes through his head?

Thoughts of victory, confidence, and power? Not exactly.

How about feelings of fear?

St-Pierre was a guest on the recent Friday night edition of Inside MMA on AXS TV, hyping up his New York Times Best Seller “The Way of the Fight,” but gave an interesting glimpse into what goes through his mind as he walks out to the Octagon.

“I’m scared,” he revealed. “Before a fight, I doubt about myself. I’m scared.”

Not exactly the sort of positive reinforcement that you’d expect from one of the winningest champions in UFC history.

“I try to be confident, but deep down inside, I’m afraid,” St-Pierre admitted. “I’m afraid to get knocked out, afraid to get humiliated, afraid to have done all that work and put all that effort for nothing, and not be as good as people expect me to be. That’s why I’m afraid.”

No, it’s not the type of fear that kicks the flight portion of fight-or-flight response into action. It’s actually quite the opposite for St-Pierre. It’s not fear of his opponent. It’s not fear that the man standing across from him has done more work to prepare or has the more dominant skills.

It’s actually a fear that kicks in the fight portion of his fight-or-flight response. It’s a motivator.

“It’s not really being afraid of my opponent,” he continued. “I’m afraid of not performing the best as I should. And I think it’s the same fear that keep me sharp, keep my reaction time better, and make me perform better.”

It’s something that St-Pierre talks about in his book, and his driven him to become a two-time UFC welterweight champion.

St-Pierre holds a professional record of 24-2, and is currently on an 11-fight winning streak. He has defended his belt eight consecutive times.

Champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk gets emotional, walks out on UFC 211 press conference

DALLAS – For UFC strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk, having more time to adjust to ATT’s coaching staff contributed to the stellar performance over a game Jessica Andrade.Filed under: Featured V read news >>

Emotional Joanna Jedrzejczyk Walks Out on UFC 211 Press Conference (video) | MMAWeekly.com

After talking about what's next for her and her team, a very emotional Joanna Jedrzejczyk quietly walked out on the UFC 211 post-fight press conference. read news >>

Frankie Edgar vs. Yair Rodriguez Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 211

Many believed that Yair Rodriguez vs. Frankie Edgar was a case of too much, too soon for the hot prospect. At UFC 211, those people were proved very, very correct. In a contest so lopsided that it's read news >>

UFC 211 video highlights: Stipe Miocic vs. Junior Dos Santos

Stipe Miocic didn’t want to go through another five-round war with Junior Dos Santos. Problem solved. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 211 Results: The Real Winners and Losers from Miocic vs. Dos Santos 2

After an extended period of UFC cards of spotty quality, UFC 211 came along and reminded hardcore fans of what the sport's top promotion can do when it really sets its mind to it. The main event was read news >>

Video replay: UFC 211 post-event press conference

DALLAS – Check out a video replay of the UFC 211 post-event news conference.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Fight Tracks: The walkout songs of UFC 211, including Rage, Rob Zombie, 'Kickboxer' and 'Scarface'

See what the fighters of Saturday’s UFC 211 in Dallas went with as their backing tracks.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 211 Athlete Outfitting pay: Champs Miocic, Jedrzejczyk lead highest payout of 2017

DALLAS – Fighters from Saturday’s UFC 211 event took home UFC Athlete Outfitting pay, a program that launched after the UFC’s deal with Reebok, totaling $265,000.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Opening odds for Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones 2 favor ex-UFC champ

As expected Jon Jones has opened as the favorite over his rival and the current UFC light-heavyweight champion, Daniel Cormier.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC champ Stipe Miocic is who he is: 'I'm surprised my wife hasn't left me'

That prankster you see in the “UFC Embedded” videos? The dork who gets giddy talking about other professional Cleveland athletes? The plain-spoken Midwesterner who doesn’t call out opponents or ruffl read news >>