#Fight Night Stockholm #Alexander Gustafsson #Glover Teixeira #Colosseum #Conor McGregor #Mariusz Pudzianowski #Dynasty of Heroes #Fight One #TKO #Marcin Held #Damir Hadzovic #UFC 211

Wanderlei Silva stunned the bookmakers in his return to Japan, turning out a vintage knockout over the favored Brian Stann in the main event of UFC on Fuel TV 8.

Prior to the bout, many pundits predicted that “The Axe Murderer” might have been facing his final in-cage appearance. A winner in just three of his previous 10 fights, Silva appeared to be tailor-made to fall at the hands of the hard-punching Stann. Instead, the Brazilian turned back the clock at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan, stopping Stann with a second-round explosion of violence.

“I don’t know what happens here in Japan, man. The fans just give me a lot of energy,” Silva told Fox Sports following his victory. “I’m so happy to make all my fans around the world happy. That’s why I fight. I fight for you. I’m here because of you and my God, so thanks for the great support.”

Though Silva would seal the deal in second round, his chances at victory were touch-and-go at best in the opening frame, as both men hit the canvas in a wild first five minutes.

“I got out of the strategy in the first round a little bit, because he’s a tough guy. He was so close to beating me,” Silva said. “After I finished the first round, my coach told me to [throw] the right hand, and it happened.”

Silva’s right clipped Stann perfectly as the American lunged forward, taking away his balance and creating an opening for “The Axe Murderer” to land a glancing left that sent Stann reeling to the canvas. From there, the outcome was elementary, as Silva struck his wounded opponent with four violent right hooks to the head, relieving him of his consciousness and securing Silva his first victory on Japanese soil since July 2006.

“He’s a tough guy; Brian Stann is a great opponent. I’m so happy to fight a guy like him and to just make a fight like that,” Silva said of the hard-fought contest. “I’m there to fight. I’m not there to run. I love to fight with guys like that. Thanks so much to Brian Stann for fighting me.”

Though Silva ruled the Pride Fighting Championships’ 205-pound division for more than five years, the 36-year-old has more recently competed at 185 pounds with the exception of tonight’s light heavyweight showdown with Stann. While Silva looked sharp in his return to his former weight class, it is currently unclear whether the 16-year pro will remain a UFC light heavyweight.

“This was a special fight,” said Silva. “The guys at light heavyweight are so big. I don’t know what is going to happen next.”

UFC flyweight Joseph Benavidez breaks down struggles to get another top name in front of him

It ain’t easy being Joseph Benavidez these days, at least in terms of trying to find someone to stand across from him for a fight.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dana White Admits to Giving Conor McGregor 'Longer Leash' Than Others | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White admits that he gives Conor McGregor more leeway than he does other fighters on the fight promotion's roster. read news >>

Report: Once more unto the breach for Vitor Belfort, 'Phenom' gets Nate Marquardt at UFC 212

At 40, and reportedly on the final fight of his current UFC deal, it appears Vitor Belfort will step into the cage one more time in his native Brazil. Belfort (25-14 MMA, 14-10 UFC) appears to be hea read news >>

Your daily Ragin' Al update: Iaquinta now UFC boss, calls out Swanson, releases Northcutt, calls Perry and Lee 'ignorant

Al Iaquinta may not be the UFC’s favorite fighter right now, but he’s making a heck of an impression on social media.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

After 2-fight featherweight experiment, UFC's Renan Barao reportedly heading back to bantamweight

After a two-fight run as a featherweight, former bantamweight champion Renan Barao appears to be ready to move back to 135 pounds. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

The UFC wished Al Iaquinta happy birthday, and the replies were absolutely priceless

F-bombing your boss isn’t generally recommended as the wisest career choice, but for Al Iaquinta, it seems to be working out just fine.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Matt Hamill Wins First Fight in 5 Years in Devastating Fashion (video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC veteran Matt Hamill won his first fight in nearly five years this weekend, and he did so in devastating fashion. read news >>

Heavyweight champ Daniel Gallemore believes Victory FC 57 win could get him in the UFC

It’s a common story among fighters for major mid-level promotions: One more win, and there’s a good chance I’m getting the call.Filed under: News read news >>

Tyson Nam Takes Out Ali Bagautinov at the Bell (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Tyson Nam took out former UFC flyweight title contenders Ali Bagautinov over the weekend at the last possible moment. read news >>

WSOF Full-Fight Flashback: Marlon Moraes vs. Miguel Torres | MMAWeekly.com

Marlon Moraes is headed to the UFC, but faced former WEC world champion Miguel Torres at the inaugural WSOF1 on November 3, 2012, in Las Vegas. read news >>