#Dynasty of Heroes #Conor McGregor #Colosseum #Fight One #Alexander Gustafsson #The Heavyweight Title Fight #Mariusz Pudzianowski #TKO #Glover Teixeira #UFC 211 #Fight Night Stockholm #Shinya Aoki

Chael Sonnen vs Wanderlei Silva PosterChael Sonnen, upon announcing that he wasn’t ready for retirement, immediately took aim at lining up his first post-Jon Jones opponent, Wanderlei Silva.

Sonnen lobbied hard and heavy for the fight, even going so far as making up his own promotional poster, trying to make the fight happen on the UFC’s upcoming Fox Sports 1 event in August.

When Silva didn’t respond, Sonnen issued an ultimatum.

“Wand- you have 24 hours to accept,” he tweeted. “If you do, I will donate 10% of my purse to help schools in your hometown of Curitiba .. I mean, VEGAS.”

The deadline has come and gone, and it appears that the opportunity to put the fight together may have as well.

“I only follow a couple of rules in fighting, but one of them is you don’t bully a guy,” said Sonnen on Tuesday night’s edition of UFC Tonight. “If a guy doesn’t want to fight, you don’t keep picking on him.

“I gave (Silva) the timeline. I was also giving it to myself. If he doesn’t answer, I’m done and I’ll move on, and I have.”

Sonnen was then hit with comments from UFC Tonight reporter Ariel Helwani, who spoke with Silva prior to the show.

Silva said that he hadn’t even heard of Sonnen’s deadline, and added that UFC officials have not offered him the bout. He sounded as if he wanted the fight, however, providing a few choice words aimed squarely at Sonnen.

“Jon Jones and Anderson Silva have been too nice to Chael. I want to suck his blood. I want to smell it,” he said. “Not just fight. Not just fight. I want to hurt him.

“Chael is a joke man. He is going to be second forever. He is never going to be first.”

Silva was obviously playing Sonnen’s baiting game and shoving it right back in his face, but it didn’t sound as if Sonnen took the hook.

“I think the real breaking news there is that Wanderlei Silva put together a coherent sentence that somebody understood,” commented Sonnen. “But I can assure you, Wanderlei, I will not be signing a contract for you to suck on any part of me. I suggest you go to a bath and find yourself.”

'Jacare' Souza opts for surgery, recovery timetable not immediately clear

Following a disappointing TKO loss to Robert Whittaker earlier this month, UFC middleweight contender Ronaldo Souza opted for surgery and will be on the shelf for the next few months.Filed under: New read news >>

Vitor Belfort Reveals UFC Retirement Plan | MMAWeekly.com

Vitor Belfort has unveiled his UFC retirement plan, putting the wraps on a career that has spanned more than two decades. read news >>

Valerie Letoureau Announces Next Fight and Retirement Plans | MMAWeekly.com

Newly signed Bellator fighter Valerie Letourneau announced her first fight with the promotion on Monday and laid our her timeline for retirement. read news >>

'Everything is possible' to Francis Ngannou, maybe even a UFC title shot this year

LAS VEGAS – UFC heavyweight contender Francis Ngannou doesn’t have a fight lined up. First thing’s first – he needs to get acclimated.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Pulls Back on Women’s Flyweight Division | MMAWeekly.com

Less than 24 hours after announcing a women's flyweight champion would be crowned this year, UFC officials are putting the idea back in the box. read news >>

Anthony Johnson's UFC retirement didn't surprise Ryan Bader

Ryan Bader said he was far less caught off guard than most by the surprise retirement of Anthony Johnson following his UFC 210 title-fight loss to Daniel Cormier last month.Filed under: Bellator, New read news >>

Dana White calls Anderson Silva's bluff: 'If you're considering retirement, you should probably do it'

Earlier this week, former pound-for-pound king and ex-middleweight champion Anderson Silva threatened to call it quits on the sport if he doesn’t get an interim title fight for his next bout. Now the read news >>

Dana White: Anderson Silva Should Probably Just Retire | MMAWeekly.com

With Anderson Silva recently threatening retirement, UFC president Dana White said that the former champ probably should just go ahead and do it. read news >>

Neil Seery retirement fight added to UFC Fight Night 113 in Glasgow

Neil Seery will enter the cage for the final time as part of July’s UFC Fight Night 113 event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dustin Poirier Says Eddie Alvarez is Going to Get 'Whipped' at UFC 211 | MMAWeekly.com

UFC lightweight Dustin Poirier doesn’t shy away from the fact that he can be an emotional fighter. On more than one occasion his emotions got the better of him. read news >>