With Georges St-Pierre retired and Johny Hendricks as the new champ, UFC welterweights believe the guard has changed – making things really interesting in the division.

Count Seth Baczynski among the fighters at 170 pounds who believe now is the time to make a run.

“Right now, the division is wide open. Welterweight is wide open,” Baczynski told MMAjunkie. “I’m 32 years old. I feel like I’m getting better every day and I haven’t hit my ceiling yet. Everything’s lining up the way I want it to. I’ve obviously got a very tough fight ahead of me, but I’ve finally got enough experience.

“I’ve had some questionable losses, but I feel like I can compete with anyone in this weight class at any given time. It’s time to get a couple wins and get right in the mix.”

Baczynski (19-10 MMA, 5-3 UFC) later this month meets UFC veteran Thiago Alves (19-9 MMA, 11-6 UFC) at UFC on FOX 11. Alves will be fighting for the first time in more than two years.

In the video above, hear Baczynski talk about his fight against Alves, the pressure to perform in the UFC and how he thinks the bout will go down.

Then don’t miss UFC on FOX 11, which takes place April 19 at Amway Center in Orlando, Fla., with a main card on FOX following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.

And for the latest on UFC on FOX 11, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

UFC on FOX 23 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC on FOX 23 event in Denver, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Recaps UFC on FOX 23: Not a Fan of Cerrone Going Back-to-Back | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White recapped an exciting UFC on FOX 23, where several title contenders emerged. read news >>

The MMA Road Show with John Morgan No. 96.5 – UFC on FOX 23 wrap-up featuring Dana White, Valentina Shevchenko, Jorge Ma

Episode No. 96.5 of “The MMA Road Show with John Morgan” podcast, which includes a UFC on FOX 23 wrap-up featuring Dana White, Valentina Shevchenko, Jorge Masvidal and Francis Ngannou, is now availab read news >>

UFC on Fox 23 Results: Matches to Make for the Winners and Losers

Valentina Shevchenko punched her ticket to a bantamweight title shot with a submission victory over Julianna Pena at UFC on Fox 23. "Bullet" caught Pena off-guard in the second round with an armbar, read news >>

Cage Captions: UFC on Fox Denver | FIGHTLAND

Based on hundreds of painstaking hours of research and data, Cage Captions combines statistics gathered from virtually every UFC fight along with as many walkout songs as humanly possible. read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2375 with UFC on FOX 23 winner Jorge Masvidal

Stream or download Wednesday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with guest Jorge Masvidal.Filed under: News, Radio, UFC read news >>

Namajunas vs. Waterson, 3 Other Bouts, Revealed for UFC on FOX 24 | MMAWeekly.com

The Ultimate Fighting Championship officially announced UFC on FOX 24 on Saturday night, revealing four bouts for the card. read news >>

UFC 208's Germaine de Randamie: I knocked out a guy who had 40 pounds on me – I have the credentials

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – Germaine de Randamie said people who question whether she deserves a shot at the inaugural UFC women’s featherweight title don’t know their history.Filed under: Featured, Featured Vi read news >>

Nathan Coy vs. Zak Cummings added to UFC on FOX 24 in Kansas City

The lineup for the UFC’s April return to network television has a new bout.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Santiago Ponzinibbio 'ready for everything and everyone at 170 pounds' after UFC Fight Night 105 win

HALIFAX – Santiago Ponzinibbio feels he’s worthy of a top-10 fight after picking up his fourth consecutive victory at UFC Fight Night 105.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>