#Cris Cyborg #Conor McGregor #UFC 211 #Bellator 179 #Nate Diaz #Angela Magana #Rory MacDonald #Paul Daley #Diaz vs. McGregor 2 #GSP #Dhiego Lima #Hayder Hassan

UFC cage announcer and new author Bruce Buffer is finally dishing the goods on one of the more intriguing fights in UFC history.

Buffer was a participant. So was former UFC welterweight Frank Trigg. It took place in a Florida elevator, and UFC President Dana White and broadcaster Mike Goldberg were among the three fight fans in attendance.

Buffer recounted the tale on Tuesday’s edition of “UFC Tonight” on FUEL TV, in which he discussed his newly release autobiography, “It’s Time: My 360-Degree View of the UFC.”

It took place back in June 2006, when the UFC held two shows at Las Vegas’ Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in just four days. During the downtime, Goldberg and Trigg hung out and were preparing for a night on the town. But as they got on the elevator, White was already there.

“As soon as we’re walking in, Frank’s asking Dana to put him back in the octagon, which is fine,” Buffer said about the fighter, who had the left UFC a year prior after losses to Matt Hughes and Georges St-Pierre. “But I’m a watch freak, and Dana had on this great wristband on his watch, and I stepped in front of Frank to look at the watch, and suddenly I get a ridge-hand (strike) in my throat.”

Buffer said he was shocked – and a bit perturbed.

“I looked at Frank, and I was like, ‘You hit me. Why the F did you hit me?’” he said. “And he said the wrong thing to me. He said, ‘What are you going to do about it?’ And I just reacted since my old street kicked in. I punched him twice in the stomach basically with the same power with the old rules of sparring, 60 percent equals 60 percent.”

But as the fight continued for the next 10 floors, Buffer said it soon turned to a 100 percent effort, as he recounted in his book. However, once they hit the lobby, Buffer, who had cut his knuckle and was leaking blood, declared they were done.

“I looked at Dana,” Buffer wrote in his book. “He was smiling; he seemed to have enjoyed this little altercation. So had Frank. And to tell you the truth, so had I.”

Buffer said he and Trigg soon made up and continued their night in Vegas, which he ultimately declared “a fun-filled evening to me.”

Check out the above clip for the full discussion.

Demetrious Johnson Gets Belts... and His Floyd Mayweather Moment | MMAWeekly.com

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson has finally received all of his belts, and he's got photographic evidence to prove it. read news >>

UFC 211 results: Chase Sherman finally stops Rashad Coulter in crazy heavyweight slugfest

DALLAS – Chase Sherman kicked Rashad Coulter’s leg until he could barely stand – and that’s when the fight really began. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Bellator 179 is Set After Paul Daley and Rory MacDonald Make Weight | MMAWeekly.com

After making weight, former UFC welterweight contender Rory MacDonald will finally make his Bellator debut opposite Paul Daley at Bellator 179 on Friday. read news >>

Check out the extended preview for UFC 212, where Max Holloway finally will find Jose Aldo

• a day ago

Title unification fights are not a regular happening, so when they take place it’s always something out of the ordinary. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Glover Teixeira: UFC Fight Night Stockholm Countdown Video | MMAWeekly.com

• 23 hours ago

In the sport’s most riveting division, two of the world’s best light heavyweights prepare for a clash that will launch one back into title contention. read news >>

Cris Cyborg Punched Angela Magana, Police Called at UFC Fighter Retreat | MMAWeekly.com

• 23 hours ago

Cris "Cyborg" Justino and Angela Magana were reportedly involved in a physical altercation at the UFC Athlete Retreat over the weekend. read news >>

UFC Athlete Retreat 2017: The best (and worst) from a wild weekend in Las Vegas

• 22 hours ago

The UFC’s first annual Athlete Retreat went down in Las Vegas over the weekend with more than 300 members of the roster in attendance. Check inside for the top social media posts from the gathering.F read news >>

UFC Names Official Hospital | MMAWeekly.com

• 22 hours ago

UFC on Monday announced that Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) will serve as the global brand’s first-ever official hospital. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 110's Derrick Lewis says he has the most heart in heavyweight division

• 22 hours ago

If you feel compelled to write UFC heavyweight Derrick Lewis about the shortcomings that accompany his knockout ability, save your characters.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Video surfaces of Cris 'Cyborg' punching Angela Magana at 2017 UFC Athlete Retreat

• 21 hours ago

The details of the physical encounter between UFC fighters Cristiane Justino and Angela Magana were scarce when reports surfaced on Sunday of an incident between the two in Las Vegas. Now, video of t read news >>