UFC cage announcer and new author Bruce Buffer is finally dishing the goods on one of the more intriguing fights in UFC history.

Buffer was a participant. So was former UFC welterweight Frank Trigg. It took place in a Florida elevator, and UFC President Dana White and broadcaster Mike Goldberg were among the three fight fans in attendance.

Buffer recounted the tale on Tuesday’s edition of “UFC Tonight” on FUEL TV, in which he discussed his newly release autobiography, “It’s Time: My 360-Degree View of the UFC.”

It took place back in June 2006, when the UFC held two shows at Las Vegas’ Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in just four days. During the downtime, Goldberg and Trigg hung out and were preparing for a night on the town. But as they got on the elevator, White was already there.

“As soon as we’re walking in, Frank’s asking Dana to put him back in the octagon, which is fine,” Buffer said about the fighter, who had the left UFC a year prior after losses to Matt Hughes and Georges St-Pierre. “But I’m a watch freak, and Dana had on this great wristband on his watch, and I stepped in front of Frank to look at the watch, and suddenly I get a ridge-hand (strike) in my throat.”

Buffer said he was shocked – and a bit perturbed.

“I looked at Frank, and I was like, ‘You hit me. Why the F did you hit me?’” he said. “And he said the wrong thing to me. He said, ‘What are you going to do about it?’ And I just reacted since my old street kicked in. I punched him twice in the stomach basically with the same power with the old rules of sparring, 60 percent equals 60 percent.”

But as the fight continued for the next 10 floors, Buffer said it soon turned to a 100 percent effort, as he recounted in his book. However, once they hit the lobby, Buffer, who had cut his knuckle and was leaking blood, declared they were done.

“I looked at Dana,” Buffer wrote in his book. “He was smiling; he seemed to have enjoyed this little altercation. So had Frank. And to tell you the truth, so had I.”

Buffer said he and Trigg soon made up and continued their night in Vegas, which he ultimately declared “a fun-filled evening to me.”

Check out the above clip for the full discussion.

UFC Fight Night 104 pre-fight facts: 'The Korean Zombie' finally returns

The UFC’s annual Super Bowl weekend event takes place Saturday, with this year’s festivities at Toyota Center in Houston. Check out all of the pre-event facts for UFC Fight Night 104.Filed under: Fea read news >>

UFC Fight Night 104 results: James Vick finally chokes out Abel Trujillo in the third

HOUSTON – It took three attempts for James Vick to get the desired response from Abel Trujillo after applying a D’Arce choke.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

The Korean Zombie, Cult Hero Brawler, Finally Returns to the UFC

After a long layoff due to injury and a mandatory two-year stint in the South Korean army, Chan Sung Jung, the Korean Zombie, finally makes his return to the UFC this Saturday for UFC Fight Night 104 read news >>

Patrick Cote wants to finally get down with Jake Ellenberger at UFC 210 in Buffalo

Patrick Cote may be turning 37 later this month, but that doesn’t mean he’s ready to slow down and call it quits on his MMA career. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 208's Nik Lentz finally met his match on social media ahead of Islam Makhachev fight

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – Nik Lentz still loves roiling would-be opponents on social media. But as he recently found out, Russians are not to be trifled with online. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, V read news >>

With late addition, Saturday's UFC 208 lineup now finalized with 12 bouts

The lineup is finally set for Saturday’s UFC 208 event in New York.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

The Complete Guide to UFC Fight Night 104: Bermudez vs. Korean Zombie

Fan-favorite Chan Sung Jung, the Korean Zombie, finally makes his long-awaited return to the Octagon after three years away due to injuries and a two-year stint in the South Korean military. He takes read news >>

Conor McGregor: 'I'm Still the Two-Weight World Champ' | MMAWeekly.com

Though the UFC has moved on, its first dual-division champion, Conor McGregor, hasn't. He claims he is still a two-division champion. read news >>

UFC boss Dana White watched Ortiz-Sonnen at Bellator 170 – and 'there's no way in hell' it was fixed

We’re 10 days removed from Tito Ortiz’s submission of Chael Sonnen in his retirement fight at Bellator 170, and there’s still just a little bit of talk left over for it. Filed under: Bellator, Featur read news >>

UFC Fight Night Bermudez vs. Korean Zombie Betting Preview, Odds Analysis

There has typically been a pay-per-view event on Super Bowl weekend, but this year MMA bettors will be treated to a free UFC Fight Night card televised on FOX Sports 1 from Houston’s Toyota Center th read news >>