Michael Bisping returns in April for what will be his first fight in nearly a year.
“The Count,” considered the best fighter in UFC history from the United Kingdom, has been sidelined following eye surgery. Bisping (24-5 MMA, 14-5 UFC) headlines the TUF Nations Finale on April 16 against Tim Kennedy (17-4 MMA, 2-0 UFC) in his first fight since a win over Alan Belcher at UFC 159.
Prior to learning he had been cleared to return, Bisping sat down with England’s BT Sport to talk about his eye troubles, his road to recovery – and the very candid details about his knockout loss to Dan Henderson at UFC 100 four and a half years ago.
“After the fight, I don’t remember anything,” Bisping said. “I remember being in the showers and I didn’t have a clue what was going on. I was saying to my manager at the time, ‘I can’t be knocked out ’cause I’m not fighting for another two months. What the hell are you talking about?’ And then these people come and go, ‘Michael, we need to take you to the hospital.’
“I’m like, ‘I’m not going to the hospital,’ and then I’d say again, ‘What’s going on?’ I’d just keep repeating myself. In my mind, I thought I was there to corner somebody, and I had been convinced to step in on short notice to fight. That’s what was going on in my head.”
Check out the full interview above. Then don’t miss Bisping vs. Kennedy on April 16 at the TUF Nations Finale, which has a main card on FOX Sports 1.view original article >>
No. 4-ranked middleweight Gegard Mousasi questions whether or not the UFC protects 185-pound champion Michael Bisping. read news >>
Check out the trailer for UFC champ Michael Bisping's latest acting gig, "My Name is Lenny." read news >>
Could Georges St-Pierre’s long-awaited UFC comeback take place at Madison Square Garden in New York City? The former longtime UFC champ hinted on Tuesday that may be the case.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
On the heels of his major role in the “xXx” sequel earlier this year, UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping soon will be back on the big screen.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>
UFC President Dana White told Fox Sports Australia's UFC Fight Week that a planned middleweight title fight between Georges St-Pierre and Michael Bisping has been called off. According to Fox Sports read news >>
A fight between middleweight champion Michael Bisping and former longtime welterweight titleholder Georges St-Pierre could still happen – just not in the way that was originally expected.Filed under: read news >>
UFC president Dana White declared that Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre has been canceled, but that Cody Garbrandt vs. TJ Dillashaw has not. read news >>
Michael Bisping is the underdog against Plan B; the middleweight champion would’ve been the ‘dog even with Plan A, as it turns out.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping has said he expects his next fight to be against returning legend Georges St-Pierre, despite organisation president Dana White appearing to cancel the bout o read news >>
With UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping still not recovered from a knee injury, UFC officials are considering an interim middleweight title fight. read news >>