#Bellator 185 #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Bellator MMA #Kristina Williams #Conor McGregor #Heather Hardy #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #UFC Fight Night 118 #GSP #Neiman Gracie #Darren Till

Michael Bisping returns in April for what will be his first fight in nearly a year.

“The Count,” considered the best fighter in UFC history from the United Kingdom, has been sidelined following eye surgery. Bisping (24-5 MMA, 14-5 UFC) headlines the TUF Nations Finale on April 16 against Tim Kennedy (17-4 MMA, 2-0 UFC) in his first fight since a win over Alan Belcher at UFC 159.

Prior to learning he had been cleared to return, Bisping sat down with England’s BT Sport to talk about his eye troubles, his road to recovery – and the very candid details about his knockout loss to Dan Henderson at UFC 100 four and a half years ago.

“After the fight, I don’t remember anything,” Bisping said. “I remember being in the showers and I didn’t have a clue what was going on. I was saying to my manager at the time, ‘I can’t be knocked out ’cause I’m not fighting for another two months. What the hell are you talking about?’ And then these people come and go, ‘Michael, we need to take you to the hospital.’

“I’m like, ‘I’m not going to the hospital,’ and then I’d say again, ‘What’s going on?’ I’d just keep repeating myself. In my mind, I thought I was there to corner somebody, and I had been convinced to step in on short notice to fight. That’s what was going on in my head.”

Check out the full interview above. Then don’t miss Bisping vs. Kennedy on April 16 at the TUF Nations Finale, which has a main card on FOX Sports 1.

For more on TUF Nations Finale, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Galleries

Dan Henderson Fights

• a year ago

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Don't Be Surprised if Georges St-Pierre Calls Out Conor McGregor | MMAWeekly.com

If Georges St-Pierre defeats Michael Bisping for the UFC middleweight belt in November, don't be surprised if he calls out Conor McGregor. read news >>

Michael Bisping Declares He Didn't Dodge Anyone to Get Georges St-Pierre Fight | MMAWeekly.com

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping said he had agreed to defend his belt against Robert Whittaker or Yoel Romero. read news >>

UFC middleweight champ Michael Bisping to appear on Wednesday's episode of 'Conan'

UFC middleweight champ Michael Bisping will sit opposite late-night host Conan O’Brien on Wednesday ahead of his UFC 217 main event.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Michael Bisping has spies watching GSP, promises first-round KO at UFC 217

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping (30-7 MMA, 20-7 UFC) puts his belt on the line against former welterweight title holder and all-time MMA great Georges St-Pierre (25-2 MMA, 19-2 UFC) in the read news >>

Ahead of UFC 217 press conference with GSP, watch Michael Bisping's best trash-talk

If you’re going to be in Las Vegas next week, you’ve got a chance to see UFC 217’s headliners – and budding rivals – in person.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Bisping joins Conan to talk GSP & UFC 217

Michael Bisping joined Conan last night to discuss his upcoming fight against Georges St-Pierre and much more! Bisping will attempt to defend his middleweight belt for the second time as he and St-Pi read news >>

Michael Bisping: Georges St-Pierre doesn't have balls to fight anyone he thinks he can't beat

UFC middleweight champ Michael Bisping accused ex-welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre of picking fights, while countering his own critics who say he dodges rightful contenders. Filed under: Featured read news >>

In new UFC 217 preview, Bisping says GSP was 'a little bitch' for vacating title in 2013

Don’t expect Michael Bisping to show much respect for his upcoming opponent – even a legend of the sport like Georges St-Pierre.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Georges St-Pierre was Offered Anderson Silva Before Michael Bisping | MMAWeekly.com

Though he is slated to challenge Michael Bisping at UFC 217, Georges St-Pierre had a possible bout with Anderson Silva in the offing. read news >>

UFC 217 Extended Preview: Michael Bisping Has Been Racking Up Wins; What About Georges St-Pierre? | MMAWeekly.com

Take a deeper look into UFC 217: Bisping vs. St-Pierre, which features three world title fights. read news >>