#UFC Fight Night 83 #Conor McGregor #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Nate Diaz #Saturday Night Fights #UFC 215 #Michael Bisping #GGG #Jon Jones

Rick Glenn courtesy of Brian FrankAmong the fighters that most stood out at Score Fighting Series 5 this past weekend was Rick “Gladiator” Glenn.

While having shown promise prior to his bout against Tristan Johnson, Glenn’s dominating performance caught the eye of people such as Score color commentator Robin Black, who said he was “as advertised, if not more.”

“I feel like I performed really well,” said Glenn. “Maybe I would have stood up with him a little more if I would have done it any different, or a knockout would have been pretty cool, but I’m really happy with it.”

While Glenn expected to be able to work his game against Johnson, the ease of how he was able to do so caught even him off guard.

“I was really surprised about that,” said Glenn. “The first couple minutes he felt kind of strong, but after that I felt like I could do whatever (I wanted).”

Having built his way up through the Midwest fight scene, the opportunity to fight live on national television in Canada for Score is a big step forward for Glenn’s career, even if he didn’t realize it beforehand.

“I didn’t really think about it before the fight other than I wanted to win and put on a good show and make a statement,” he said. “It wasn’t like until after I won that I thought I was on TV. I just went in there and focused on the fight.”

Glenn told MMAWeekly.com that his work at Roufusport has been invaluable for his growth as a fighter over the last year.

“A while ago they didn’t have too many guys there, but we’re really starting to get the total package,” said Glenn. “We’ve got some great striking coaches and great black belts who come in and help with our jiu-jitsu.

“We don’t always just work striking with Duke (Roufus). There’s techniques he’ll show us with strikes on the ground or in any position. We’ve got the total package; it’s not just a striking gym.”

As for what’s next, Glenn has issued a challenge he hopes will be accepted in time for Score’s U.S. debut in October when their sixth event will be broadcast live on AXS TV, and from there, possibly on to the biggest opportunity of his career.

“I did call out Chris Horodecki, and I would like that fight on Oct. 19,” said Glenn. “And before the end of the year, I’d like to get a call from the UFC and get into the big show.”

Should Glenn continue to perform like he has, the admiration of people new to him may only continue to grow.

“It just brings a smile to my face knowing that people are interested in me and like who I am and what I do,” said Glenn. “It’s just a really nice feeling.”

(Photo courtesy of RickTheGladiatorGlenn.com and Brian Frank Photography)

Comments

Rick Glenn Not Going To Be 'So Timid' at UFC 215 Against Unbeaten Gavin Tucker | MMAWeekly.com

Rick Glenn (19-4-1) takes on Gavin Tucker (10-0) in a preliminary 145-pound bout at UFC 215 on Saturday. read news >>

Valentina Shevchenko Promises "Everything I Have" at UFC 215

Valentina Shevchenko has moved beyond the frustrations of her postponed bout against Amanda Nunes, and is laser-focused on her chance to grab the women's bantamweight belt at UFC 215. Order UFC 215 n read news >>

UFC 215 results: Rick Glenn overwhelms Gavin Tucker, who earns no mercy from referee

Eleven-year veteran Rick Glenn turned in one of the best performances of his career, battering a previously undefeated Gavin Tucker.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Rick Glenn Dominates En Route to a Unanimous Decision (UFC 215 Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Rick Glenn put on an absolute clinic against a game Gavin Tucker to get his 20th professional win! #UFC215 — FOX Sports: UFC (@UFCONFOX) September 10, 2017 (Video courtesy of UFC on FOX | Viewing may read news >>

Rafael Dos Anjos Walks Through Neil Magny (UFC 215 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Former lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos moved up to the welterweight division for his last fight after suffering back-to-back losses in the 155-pound division. He defeated Tarec Saffiedine in Ju read news >>

Rick Glenn Knows Who He Wants to Fight Next Inside the UFC Octagon | MMAWeekly.com

Looking back on his Sept. 9 win over Gavin Tucker at UFC 215, featherweight veteran Rick Glenn is already looking ahead. read news >>

Should UFC 215 thrashing of Gavin Tucker been stopped? Rick Glenn says 'definitely'

Rick Glenn wishes his UFC 215 beatdown of Gavin Tucker would have ended before it did, but celebrates the current state of his 11-year long career.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Demetrious Johnson vs. Ray Borg Moved to UFC 216 in Las Vegas | MMAWeekly.com

Demetrious Johnson won't have to wait long to fight for history after all. The reigning flyweight champion will look for his 11th consecutive title defense when he faces Ray Borg at UFC 216 in Las Ve read news >>

Glover Teixeira vs. Misha Cirkunov moved from Brazil to UFC on FOX 26 in Canada

Brazil’s loss is Canada’s gain as Glover Teixeira vs. Misha Cirkunov has been moved to Winnipeg.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Watch Former UFC Fighter Cathal Pendred in Trailer for New Amazon Horror Series 'Lore' | MMAWeekly.com

• 17 hours ago

Retired UFC welterweight competitor Cathal Pendred moved into acting after he left fighting behind and it didn't take long for him to land a leading role in a new series. Pendred stars in the upcomin read news >>