#UFC London #Khabib Nurmagomedov #Fabricio Werdum #Alexander Volkov #Conor McGregor #UFC 223 #Tony Ferguson #Holloway vs. Edgar #Luke Rockhold #K-1 #Rose Namajunas #Paige VanZant

Valentina Shevchenko 'Frustrated' By Split Decision Loss, Wants Third Fight with Amanda Nunes | MMAWeekly.com

Valentina Shevchenko left UFC 215 with disappointment on her face after a back and forth battle against women’s bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes ended in a split decision loss.

It was a tactical fight between the two top ranked fighters with Nunes serving as the aggressor for the bulk of five rounds with Shevchenko using her counter striking to chop away at the champion throughout 25-minutes.

The end result was Nunes edging out the victory as she picks up her second win over Shevchenko, who was clearly dejected by the scoring offered by the judges in the fight.

“I’m frustrated with the decision because I don’t agree totally,” Shevchenko said at the post fight press conference. “My opinion if it will be victory, it should be victory like clear. But in this fight, I see more tactical, you can see on her face and on my face who landed more punches. I had on my shin stitches because I hit her. I totally disagree [with the decision].”

“It’s difficult to say right now but totally I won this fight.”

While she’s obviously upset about the result, Shevchenko promises she’s more than willing to admit defeat when it’s clear that she’s lost a fight. That’s not the case in this fight, however, as Shevchenko believes she did more damage and landed the cleaner shots against Nunes in their rematch on Saturday night.

“I agree if it’s totally right. If you lost, you lost. But if you not lost and the decision go to the other side, this is when you feel it’s not right,” Shevchenko said. “It’s totally not right. Once again, I respect decisions of the judges but I think it was my fight.

“I think three of five rounds, I won exactly.”

It’s never easy for a fighter to earn a third opportunity to face an opponent after two past losses, but Shevchenko is determined to get back into the cage with Nunes again in the future.

Following a heartbreaking loss in the first fight where Shevchenko poured on the punishment late but couldn’t get a finish after losing the first two rounds, she felt victory was in her hands at UFC 215 only to have it snatched away again by split decision.

Shevchenko can’t say for certain if she’ll be next or have to work her way back up the ladder again but her end goal is to face Nunes at least one more time in the future.

“I want my title and I’m ready to take one more fight against Amanda because I don’t agree and I know exactly that it was my fight. If I have to fight her next, it will be my victory,” Shevchenko added.

“I know exactly that she feels that she didn’t win this fight. She didn’t do this.”

Amanda Nunes Fights

• a year ago

Valentina Shevchenko Fights

• a year ago

Amanda Nunes vs. Raquel Pennington Expected at UFC 224 in Brazil | MMAWeekly.com

The women's bantamweight title is expected to go up for grabs at UFC 224 when Amanda Nunes puts her gold on the line against Raquel Pennington on May 12 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Sources close to th read news >>

Jeremy Stephens Explains Controversial Strikes During Fight with Josh Emmett at UFC on FOX 28 | MMAWeekly.com

Jeremy Stephens didn't get to celebrate his knockout win over Josh Emmett for long before hearing cries about some controversial strikes that were landed just before he earned the highlight reel fini read news >>

Hector Lombard Frustrated After DQ Loss to CB Dollaway at UFC 222 | MMAWeekly.com

Hector Lombard expresses his frustrations backstage at T-Mobile Arena after losing by disqualification to CB Dollaway after landing punches after the bell. read news >>

Cris Cyborg Addresses Relationship with Dana White and Amanda Nunes Super Fight (UFC 222) | MMAWeekly.com

Following her UFC 222 victory, featherweight champion Cris Cyborg addressed her often-time rocky relationship with Dana White and a potential superfight with bantamweight titleholder Amanda Nunes. read news >>

Cris Cyborg Breaks Down Potential Amanda Nunes Fight | MMAWeekly.com

UFC featherweight champion Cris Cyborg breaks down a potential superfight with bantamweight titleholder Amanda Nunes. read news >>

Did Amanda Nunes Just Kill Off the Cris Cyborg Fight? | MMAWeekly.com

After months of callouts and prodding, UFC bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes now appears to be putting the brakes on a proposed bout with featherweight titleholder Cris Cyborg. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Walked Away from Final UFC Fight Thinking 'God Hates Me' | MMAWeekly.com

Ronda Rousey addressed her final UFC fight against Amanda Nunes during a vignette promoting her upcoming match at WrestleMania 34. read news >>

Edson Barboza vs. Kevin Lee Expected to Headline UFC Fight Night in Atlantic City | MMAWeekly.com

Lightweight contenders Edson Barboza and Kevin Lee are on a collision course for UFC Fight Night in Atlantic City as the main event at the Boardwalk Hall on April 21. Sources close to the matchup con read news >>

That time Alex Perez was 126.5 pounds at UFC-Orlando, left to cut weight, then was 127

Alex Perez came in a half-pound heavy on his first weigh-in attempt at UFC on FOX 28. After cutting weight, he was heavier the second time. read news >>

Watch the UFC on FOX 28: Emmett vs. Stephens Ceremonial Weigh-ins LIVE at 6p ET | MMAWeekly.com

? (Courtesy of UFC) Watch the UFC on FOX 28: Emmett vs. Stephens ceremonial weigh-in LIVE on Friday at 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT. TRENDING > Brock Lesnar 'Always Ready' for UFC Return, According to Manag read news >>

Marlon Moraes vs. Jimmie Rivera Expected to Headline UFC Fight Night in Utica | MMAWeekly.com

A bantamweight battle between Top 10 ranked fighters Marlon Moraes and Jimmie Rivera is expected to headline the UFC's inaugural trip to Utica, N.Y. Moraes vs. Rivera could easily be a fight that det read news >>

UFC on FOX 28: Emmett vs. Stephens Weigh-in Video | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the UFC on FOX 28: Emmett vs. Stephens ceremonial weigh-in, which took place on Friday in Orlando, Fla. read news >>

Jimmy Smith Previews UFC on FOX 28: Jessica Andrade vs. Tecia Torres | MMAWeekly.com

Jimmy Smith breaks down the important UFC on FOX 28 strawweight clash between Jessica Andrade and Tecia Torres taking place in the co-main event in Orlando and live on FOX. read news >>

UFC on FOX 28: Road to the Octagon (Full Episode) | MMAWeekly.com

Witness the relentless training camps and extraordinary lives of six world-class mixed martial artists as they ready for Saturday's UFC on FOX 28. read news >>

Sam Alvey Crumbles Marcin Prachnio (UFC on FOX 28 Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from the light heavyweight bout between Sam Alvey and Marcin Prachnio at UFC on FOX 28 on Saturday in Orlando, Fla. On March 3, the UFC returns home to Las Vegas for a revamped U read news >>

Alan Jouban Flattens Ben Saunders (UFC on FOX 28 Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

? (Video courtesy of UFC on FOX | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights restrictions) Check out highlights from the welterweight bout between Alan Jouban and Ben Saunders at UFC on FOX 28 on Sat read news >>

Search for: