#UFC on Fox 26 #Rafael dos Anjos #Robbie Lawler #Santiago Ponzinibbio #Mike Perry #Jared Cannonier #Ricardo Lamas #Josh Emmett #Glover Teixeira #Oluwale Bamgbose #Alessio Di Chirico #Abel Trujillo #John Makdessi #Misha Cirkunov #Julian Marquez

Valentina Shevchenko left UFC 215 with disappointment on her face after a back and forth battle against women’s bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes ended in a split decision loss.

It was a tactical fight between the two top ranked fighters with Nunes serving as the aggressor for the bulk of five rounds with Shevchenko using her counter striking to chop away at the champion throughout 25-minutes.

The end result was Nunes edging out the victory as she picks up her second win over Shevchenko, who was clearly dejected by the scoring offered by the judges in the fight.

“I’m frustrated with the decision because I don’t agree totally,” Shevchenko said at the post fight press conference. “My opinion if it will be victory, it should be victory like clear. But in this fight, I see more tactical, you can see on her face and on my face who landed more punches. I had on my shin stitches because I hit her. I totally disagree [with the decision].”

“It’s difficult to say right now but totally I won this fight.”

While she’s obviously upset about the result, Shevchenko promises she’s more than willing to admit defeat when it’s clear that she’s lost a fight. That’s not the case in this fight, however, as Shevchenko believes she did more damage and landed the cleaner shots against Nunes in their rematch on Saturday night.

“I agree if it’s totally right. If you lost, you lost. But if you not lost and the decision go to the other side, this is when you feel it’s not right,” Shevchenko said. “It’s totally not right. Once again, I respect decisions of the judges but I think it was my fight.

“I think three of five rounds, I won exactly.”

It’s never easy for a fighter to earn a third opportunity to face an opponent after two past losses, but Shevchenko is determined to get back into the cage with Nunes again in the future.

Following a heartbreaking loss in the first fight where Shevchenko poured on the punishment late but couldn’t get a finish after losing the first two rounds, she felt victory was in her hands at UFC 215 only to have it snatched away again by split decision.

Shevchenko can’t say for certain if she’ll be next or have to work her way back up the ladder again but her end goal is to face Nunes at least one more time in the future.

“I want my title and I’m ready to take one more fight against Amanda because I don’t agree and I know exactly that it was my fight. If I have to fight her next, it will be my victory,” Shevchenko added.

“I know exactly that she feels that she didn’t win this fight. She didn’t do this.”

Galleries

Amanda Nunes Fights

• 11 months ago

Valentina Shevchenko Fights

• 10 months ago

Comments

Alexis Davis Earns Hard Fought Split Decision Over Liz Carmouche in UFC Flyweight Debut | MMAWeekly.com

A new contender has arrived in the UFC women's flyweight division as Alexis Davis picked up a win in her 125-pound debut on Saturday night in Fresno. It was familiar territory for Davis, who earned a read news >>

Valentina Shevchenko Books UFC Flyweight Debut in February | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC title challenger Valentina Shevchenko will make her flyweight debut in February when she takes on newcomer Priscila Cachoeira at UFC Fight Night from Belem, Brazil. UFC officials announced read news >>

Josh Emmett Flattens Ricardo Lamas with Thunderous Left Hand (UFC on FOX 26 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Josh Emmett entered the Octagon at UFC on FOX 26 on Saturday as a considerable underdog against No. 3 ranked featherweight Ricardo Lamas and left as a new contender in the 145-pound division. Emmett read news >>

Josh Emmett Knocked Ricardo Lamas Stiff (UFC on FOX 26 Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

JOSH EMMETT JUST DID THAT! #UFCWinnipeg — FOX Sports: UFC (@UFCONFOX) December 17, 2017 (Video courtesy of UFC on FOX | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights restrictions) Check out highlights f read news >>

Preliminary Card Fighters Take Home UFC on FOX 26 Bonuses | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

The Ultimate Fighting Championship released the winners of the fighter bonuses stemming from Saturday's UFC on FOX 26 fight card in Winnipeg, Canada. Alessio Di Chirico, Nordine Taleb, Julian Marquez read news >>

UFC on FOX 26 Gate & Attendance Figures from Winnipeg, Canada | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

The Ultimate Fighting Championship released the attendance and gate figures stemming from Saturday's UFC on FOX 26 event in Winnipeg, Canada. read news >>

UFC on FOX 26: Lawler vs. dos Anjos Post-Fight Press Conference Replay | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

The big winners and marquee names from UFC on FOX 26 fielded questions from the media following Saturday's event in Winnipeg, Canada. read news >>

Rafael dos Anjos Dominates Robbie Lawler (UFC on FOX 26 Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Can Rafael Dos Anjos get his title shot after beating one of the toughest guys in the UFC? Check out his performance at #UFCWinnipeg — FOX Sports: UFC (@UFCONFOX) December 17, 2017 (Video courtesy of read news >>

Colby Covington Calls for Interim Title Fight with 'Filthy Animal' Rafael dos Anjos | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

No. 3 ranked welterweight Colby Covington called for a interim title fight against 'filthy animal' Rafael dos Anjos following Saturday's UFC on FOX 26. read news >>

Robert Whittaker: 'I Am the Real Champ' | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

UFC middleweight champion Robert Whittaker will get his chance put his stamp on the title when he faces former titleholder Luke Rockhold at UFC 221. read news >>