#UFC 216 #Conor McGregor #Nick Diaz #Tony Ferguson #Rizin 7 #Nate Diaz #Quinton Jackson #GSP #Kevin Lee #Pancrase

Valentina Shevchenko left UFC 215 with disappointment on her face after a back and forth battle against women’s bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes ended in a split decision loss.

It was a tactical fight between the two top ranked fighters with Nunes serving as the aggressor for the bulk of five rounds with Shevchenko using her counter striking to chop away at the champion throughout 25-minutes.

The end result was Nunes edging out the victory as she picks up her second win over Shevchenko, who was clearly dejected by the scoring offered by the judges in the fight.

“I’m frustrated with the decision because I don’t agree totally,” Shevchenko said at the post fight press conference. “My opinion if it will be victory, it should be victory like clear. But in this fight, I see more tactical, you can see on her face and on my face who landed more punches. I had on my shin stitches because I hit her. I totally disagree [with the decision].”

“It’s difficult to say right now but totally I won this fight.”

While she’s obviously upset about the result, Shevchenko promises she’s more than willing to admit defeat when it’s clear that she’s lost a fight. That’s not the case in this fight, however, as Shevchenko believes she did more damage and landed the cleaner shots against Nunes in their rematch on Saturday night.

“I agree if it’s totally right. If you lost, you lost. But if you not lost and the decision go to the other side, this is when you feel it’s not right,” Shevchenko said. “It’s totally not right. Once again, I respect decisions of the judges but I think it was my fight.

“I think three of five rounds, I won exactly.”

It’s never easy for a fighter to earn a third opportunity to face an opponent after two past losses, but Shevchenko is determined to get back into the cage with Nunes again in the future.

Following a heartbreaking loss in the first fight where Shevchenko poured on the punishment late but couldn’t get a finish after losing the first two rounds, she felt victory was in her hands at UFC 215 only to have it snatched away again by split decision.

Shevchenko can’t say for certain if she’ll be next or have to work her way back up the ladder again but her end goal is to face Nunes at least one more time in the future.

“I want my title and I’m ready to take one more fight against Amanda because I don’t agree and I know exactly that it was my fight. If I have to fight her next, it will be my victory,” Shevchenko added.

“I know exactly that she feels that she didn’t win this fight. She didn’t do this.”

Galleries

Amanda Nunes Fights

• 9 months ago

Valentina Shevchenko Fights

• 8 months ago

Comments

Watch the First-Round Finish That Earned Geoff Neal A UFC Contract | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Geoff Neal and his powerful left hand in the fight that earned him a UFC contract. read news >>

Gökhan Saki Drops the Monster Left Hand at UFC Japan (Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Gokhan Saki's UFC debut, where he nearly took Luis Henrique Da Silva's head at UFC Fight Night 117 on Friday in Japan. read news >>

Daniel Cormier Calls for Fight with Volkan Oezdemir Next | MMAWeekly.com

Daniel Cormier asked and the fans responded. The reigning UFC light heavyweight champion put out a call on social media recently asking who he should face when he returns to action in 2018 with the o read news >>

Brandon Davis Earns UFC Contract for Epic Fight with Austin Arnet (Full Fight Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Brandon Davis Secured a UFC contract with a win over Austin Arnett in what many consider to be the best fight on Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series. read news >>

UFC 215 and UFC 216 Pay-Per-View Numbers Reportedly Bottomed Out | MMAWeekly.com

While 2016 was a banner year for UFC Pay-Per-View events, 2017 has seen a tremendous reverse in fortunes. read news >>

Dana White Claims He's Only Saving Mark Hunt from Himself | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White says he yanked Mark Hunt from UFC Fight Night headliner to save him from himself. read news >>

Does Conor McGregor and Tony Ferguson Twitter Beef Signal Next UFC Lightweight Title Fight? | MMAWeekly.com

While there has been a lot of chatter about Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz, all signs are pointing to Tony Ferguson for the Irishman's first title defense. read news >>

Dana White Separates Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre in Toronto (UFC 217 Face-Off) | MMAWeekly.com

(Courtesy of UFC) UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is on a mission to crawl under the skin of Georges St-Pierre. It will have been four years since St-Pierre last fought when he enters the O read news >>

Dana White Wants Tougher Anti-Doping Penalties, but 'It's Not That Simple' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White agrees with the likes of Michael Bisping and Mark Hunt, who are calling for tougher anti-doping violation sanctions. read news >>

Jose Aldo vs. Ricardo Lamas, Mike Perry vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio Added to UFC in Winnipeg | MMAWeekly.com

The year end FOX UFC Fight Night card has just added a couple of blockbuster fights. Former featherweight champion Jose Aldo will return to action for the first time since falling to Max Holloway whe read news >>