#UFC Fight Night 83 #Luke Rockhold #Saturday Night Fights #Conor McGregor #David Branch #GGG #Nate Diaz #DWTNCS #UFC 215 #Michael Bisping

Urijah Faber Raphael Assuncao WEC 46

Now that he’s wrapped up his first win at 135lbs, Urijah Faber will have a close eye on Thursday night’s bantamweight championship fight between Dominick Cruz and Scott Jorgensen.

Faber holds a win over Cruz when the two fought in the WEC at 145lbs, and there is absolutely no love lost between those two. Meanwhile, Faber and Jorgensen are close friends and former training partners, but would not hesitate to face one another in the cage if there was a belt on the line.

With his immense popularity and prowess in the cage, Faber is never too far away from title contention and he believes after finishing Takeya Mizugaki last month, he’s right in the mix for a shot at the belt.

“I was a guy that was in title contention basically my whole career and I was at the weight class above, and I’m just ready to step in whenever,” said Faber. “I think it’s going to be fairly quick because I’m still at the top of the ranks and I just took out a worthy opponent, so I’m ready whenever.”

As far as who he’d prefer to face, Faber has one choice which is a fighter he does not get along with too well in Dominick Cruz who he has nicknamed “The Decision-ator”, a play off his “Dominator” nickname, and then there’s Scott Jorgensen who is a friend and someone he shares common management with.

Regardless of who walks out with the belt on Thursday night, Faber will step up to face either one of them.

“I don’t really care. There’s two different aspects to it. I’d like to fight (Dominick) Cruz just because I think there’s some animosity built up there, and I’d like to see Scott Jorgensen win cause he’s my good buddy,” Faber commented.

“I think I’d love to fight Scott because it would be a good thing for his career and my career, and I’d love to beat up Dominick Cruz.”

Many fans have asked for Faber to become a coach on the next season of the “Ultimate Fighter” and UFC president Dana White has said that he’s heard time and time again about the “California Kid” getting his chance on the reality show.

The UFC is poised to make a decision on Friday as to whom the coaches for season 13 will be, so Thursday night’s event could play into the final outcome of who makes the show. Faber and Cruz as natural rivals would seem to fit the bill if he’s victorious.

Still, Faber holds a win over Cruz so a rematch would be more about the belt for him than any kind of payback for personal transgressions.

“No revenge needed on my part, but I would like to beat him up again,” Faber said about Cruz. “I think it would be great. I told Dominick I’d like to have him as the coach and he said ‘yeah let’s make it happen’. I’m pushing for that.”

Other names have been mentioned as possibilities to coach opposite Faber including former bantamweight king Miguel Torres. Currently he’s slated to fight in early February, but if a coaching opportunity came about for the “Ultimate Fighter” he could be pulled in a moment’s notice.

Torres is also on Faber’s radar as a possibly coaching opponent on the show.

“I think Miguel Torres would be good also and now Kid Yamamoto’s in the mix, and those that don’t know Kid Yamamoto, he’s a bad dude. I’d love to coach against any of those guys,” Faber stated.

For now, Faber will just get to sit back and be a fan watching the final WEC show in Phoenix, and then following the fights he’ll start answering the questions about who he’s going to face next and whether or not it will be with a title on the line.

Galleries

Urijah Faber Fights

• a year ago

Dominick Cruz Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Conor McGregor Talks Future After Floyd Mayweather | MMAWeekly.com

What does the future hold for Conor McGregor after the Floyd Mayweather fight? read news >>

Conor McGregor: 'Essentially, I Am Representing the UFC' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC lightweight champ Conor McGregor talks about his training at the UFC Performance Institute days before his boxing debut against Floyd Mayweather Jr. read news >>

Conor McGregor Trash Talks Floyd Mayweather During Intense Face Off Following Weigh-Ins | MMAWeekly.com

Floyd Mayweather had concerns about Conor McGregor making weight but he shouldn't be worried any longer. After both men enjoyed a long walk to the stage with a very pro-Irish crowd packed inside the read news >>

Conor McGregor Feels Ref Stopped Floyd Mayweather Fight Too Early | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor talks about his feelings on the referee stoppage and breaks down the Floyd Mayweather fight. read news >>

Introspective Floyd Mayweather on Hood Rich and Father Being in Prison | MMAWeekly.com

Following his final fight, an introspective Floyd Mayweather talks about his beginnings in the inner-city and having a father in prison at the age of sixteen. read news >>

Did Mayweather vs. McGregor do 6.5 million PPV buys like Urijah Faber claims Dana White said?

If true, Mayweather vs. McGregor absolutely obliterates the Mayweather-Pacquiao total from 2015.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC vet Brad Pickett slaps Cage Warriors champ Nathaniel Wood because his dad doesn't

Although UFC and WEC vet Brad Pickett has officially retired from fighting, he isn’t past hitting other men in the face. But don’t worry: It’s for a noble cause.Filed under: Blue Corner, Cage Warrior read news >>

Urijah Faber, Cody Garbrandt Accuse T.J. Dillashaw of 'Cheap Shotting' Teammates in Practice | MMAWeekly.com

The feud between T.J. Dillashaw and his former teammates at Team Alpha Male in Sacramento isn't going away any time soon it seems. As current bantamweight champion Cody Garbrandt prepares to meet his read news >>

Cody Garbrandt, Urijah Faber: T.J. Dillashaw trained dirty, ended Chris Holdsworth's career

Cody Garbrandt and Urijah Faber explain why T.J. Dillashaw is at least partially to blame for ending Chris Holdsworth’s career.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Demetrious Johnson: TJ Dillashaw Superfight Demands Superfight Money | MMAWeekly.com

Leading up UFC 215, Demetrious Johnson talks about his frosty relationship with Dana White over refusing to fight TJ Dillashaw. read news >>