#UFC Fight Night 124 #Francis Ngannou #Khabib Nurmagomedov #Daniel Cormier #UFC 218 #Conor McGregor #UFC 220 #Alistair Overeem #UFC 219

Urijah Faber Details Decision to Retire | MMAWeekly.com

A pioneer for the lighter weight classes in mixed martial arts, Urijah Faber fought for the last time inside the Octagon on Dec. 17, defeating Brad Pickett by unanimous decision.

Prior to the UFC on Fox 22 main card bout, Faber announced that it would be his last. After 13 years as a professional fighter, Faber went out with a win and on his own terms. The 37-year-old believes he could fight for years to come, but decided now was the time to walk away.

Urijah Faber“Part of the reason why I’m doing this is because I am able bodied and able minded. I don’t want to be a guy that people say, ‘he’s falling apart, and he’s a little punchy, and maybe it’s time to stop.’ I had a great run. I’ve been a world champion,” he said during the UFC on Fox 22 post-fight press conference.

“I’ve been a top contender. I’ve been a poster boy for an organization, for sponsorships. I’ve been able to do a lot,” he added.

TRENDING > Jon Jones Explains Getting “Blacked-Out Wasted” Before Fights

“The California Kid” wants to focus on other endeavors that don’t put his body in harms way.

“I do have a lot on my plate, and it’s also a hard way to make a living. I’m getting in there every day and grinding. This was my fourth fight this year. And no matter how you skin it, when you’re in camp, you have to make that your main focus, and I have a lot of things I want to focus on. So if I don’t draw a line and say that I’m going to stop here, I’ll keep going,” he explained.

“I just feel like it’s time.”

Follow MMAWeekly.com on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Galleries

Urijah Faber Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Cris Cyborg Explains Why She Re-Upped with the UFC, Details Her Long-Term Future | MMAWeekly.com

Cris Cyborg details her decision to re-up with the UFC and what that means for the future. read news >>

Jimmy Smith Reveals Details Behind His Split with Bellator MMA | MMAWeekly.com

Veteran color commentator Jimmy Smith is a free agent after splitting with Bellator MMA just recently following a long stint with the second biggest mixed martial arts promotion in the United States. read news >>

Who Returns to the UFC First: Nate Diaz or Conor McGregor? | MMAWeekly.com

Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor have fought each other twice, splitting the difference. Diaz won their first meeting at UFC 196 via submission, while McGregor took a unanimous decision in the rematch at read news >>

Dana White: Vitor Belfort Turned Down Two Fights, Wants Michael Bisping | MMAWeekly.com

According to UFC president Dana White, Vitor Belfort could have fought Sunday night, but is angling for a Michael Bisping bout. read news >>

Chuck Liddell Gained Motivation Again On Ultimate Expedition | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

It’s been seven years since former UFC champion Chuck Liddell last fought inside the Octagon. In retirement, "The Iceman" climbs 20,000-foot mountains. read news >>

Justin Gaethje Expected to Meet Dustin Poirier at UFC Event in Spring | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

A lightweight clash between two of the most exciting fighters in the division is in the works for later this year as Justin Gaethje is expected to meet Dustin Poirier at a UFC card still to be determ read news >>

Joe Rogan Previews the UFC 220 Main Event: Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

The most anticipated heavyweight title bout in years features two knockout artists in Stipe Miocic and Francis Ngannou. Joe Rogan breaks down the fight. read news >>

Michael Chandler Predicts That He'll Be 'Extremely Dominant' at Bellator 192 | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Michael Chandler (16-4) will look to get back on track when he takes on Goiti Yamauchi (22-3) in a main card 155-pound bout at Bellator 192 on January 20. read news >>

Tyron Woodley Doesn't Love Fighting, but Loves Dropping Opponents (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Tyron Woodley explains his controversial comment, "I don't even really like fighting." read news >>

Cynthia Calvillo Flagged for Potential UFC Anti-Doping Policy Violation by USADA | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Cynthia Calvillo has been notified of a potential violation of the UFC's anti-doping policy from her last fight against Carla Esparza read news >>