#UFC Fight Night 126 #Donald Cerrone #Yancy Medeiros #Derrick Lewis #Marcin Tybura #UFC Fight Night 57 #Sage Northcutt #Curtis Millender #Thiago Alves #James Vick

Uriah Hall Respects Vitor Belfort's Accomplishments But Is 'Confidently Ready' | MMAWeekly.com

At UFC Fight Night 124 on Sunday, No. 11 ranked middleweight Uriah Hall will be the last opponent of “The Phenom” Vitor Belfort‘s legendary career. Hall has followed Belfort’s career. He respects the pioneer but looks forward to the opportunity to defeat him.

“I just feel really good. I feel very positive. There’s nothing bad I can say to this guy. It’s a great opportunity to go up against a legend. That’s how I look at it. It’s not about collecting a name on a resume for me. It’s about just saying, wow. I grew up watching you and now I’m actually at that level. In a way it’s like you made it,” said Hall during an appearance on the UFC Unfiltered podcast.

Belfort has been training at the Tristar Gym coached by Firas Zahabi, among others.  The team is known for their strategic approach and game planning.  Belfort, a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu blackbelt, could look to that the fight to the ground.  Hall welcomes the challenge.

“I’m excited. Whatever he brings to the table I’m sure I’m 100-percent confidently ready,” he said.  “Coming into the MMA game I was undefeated in kickboxing. I retired from that at a young age because as a martial artist I love a challenge. That’s what you’re supposed to do. You’re supposed to mix it up. I’m kind of looking forward to seeing if he can take me down.”

The 40-year old Belfort will be looking to cap off his career with back to back wins.  Hall expects to face a Belfort at the top of his game.  Despite his age, Belfort is a dangerous fight for anyone.

“I’m looking for him to put it together. I’m definitely going to put it together. I’m starting to learn how to put it together,” said Hall.

Galleries

Vitor Belfort Fights

• a year ago

Uriah Hall Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Watch Derek Brunson Crumble Dan Kelly: UFC KO of the Week | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Derek Brunson make short work of Dan Kelly at UFC Fight Night 110. Brunson faces "Jacare" Souza at UFC on FOX 27 on Jan. 27 in Charlotte, North Carolina. read news >>

Uriah Hall Details Horrific, Botched Weight Cut at UFC St. Louis | MMAWeekly.com

Uriah Hall was scheduled to meet Vitor Belfort in the UFC Fight Night 124 co-main event on Jan. 14 in St. Louis, but collapsed in an elevator on weigh-in day. read news >>

Joe Soto Excited To Go Into Hostile Environment At UFC Fight Night 125 | MMAWeekly.com

On February 3 in Brazil, Joe Soto (18-6) will look to get back on track against Iuri Alcantara (35-9) in a main card 135-pound bout at UFC Fight Night 125. read news >>

Eryk Anders Feels No Pressure Facing Lyoto Machida at UFC Fight Night 125 | MMAWeekly.com

At UFC Fight Night 125, unbeaten Eyrk Anders faces the biggest challenge of his career when he takes on former light-heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida. read news >>

Lyoto Machida: Eryk Anders Should Be Careful What He Wishes For | MMAWeekly.com

Lyoto Machida returns to the Octagon at UFC Fight Night 125 on Saturday with a stern warning for opponent Eryk Anders. read news >>

Fabricio Werdum Faces Alexander Volkov in Main Event at UFC Fight Night in London | MMAWeekly.com

Former heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum will return to action in March as he faces upstart contender Alexander Volkov in the new main event just announced for UFC Fight Night in London on March 1 read news >>

Valentina Shevchenko Earns $50,000 Bonus For Bloody Beat Down At UFC Fight Night in Brazil | MMAWeekly.com

Valentina Shevchenko will leave Brazil with her first win at flyweight in the UFC as well as an extra $50,000 for 'Performance of the Night' in her win over Priscila Cachoeira. Shevchenko absolutely read news >>

Lucie Pudilová Lights Up Sarah Moras at UFC Austin (Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Check out highlights from Lucie Pudilová victory over Sarah Moras at UFC Fight Night 126 on Sunday in Austin, Texas. read news >>

Geoffrey Neal Goes Full Bulldog on Brian Camozzi (UFC Austin Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Check out highlights from Geoffrey Neal's bulldog finish of Brian Camozzi at UFC Fight Night 126 on Sunday in Austin, Texas. read news >>

Brandon Davis Earns Bloody Decision at UFC Austin (Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Check out highlights from Brandon Davis' decision victory over Steven Peterson at UFC Fight Night 126 on Sunday in Austin, Texas. read news >>