#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Gokhan Saki #Bellator 183 #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Yushin Okami #Takanori Gomi #Dong Hyun Kim

Rick GlennAfter impressing his previous promotion, the Score Fighting Series, to the point where they said he was “as advertised” if not more, Roufusport featherweight Rick Glenn is ready to take his game to the next level as part of the World Series of Fighting’s second event.

“I knew they were on NBC Sports Net and had a lot of big talent coming in, so it’s going to be great to get a lot more exposure from them,” said Glenn of signing with WSoF.

“I definitely feel ready for this next step. It’s finally time and it’s the right move, so it’s going to be great fighting for them.”

At the WSoF 2 on Saturday night, Glenn will be facing undefeated and highly touted Alexandre “Pulga” Pimentel in front of a large crowd. It’s a situation that Glenn is familiar with and like with his previous experience, he feels he will overcome this challenge.

“My first fight for (Score FS) I was supposed to be an underdog (to Tristan Johnson) or whatever, but I went up there and made a statement,” said Glenn. “Fighting (in that position) doesn’t bother me because that’s what I train for, so fighting on TV in front of a lot of people shouldn’t bother me.”

As for the fight itself, Glenn told MMAWeekly.com that it would be won or lost with preparation. And considering the type of atmosphere he trains in, he’s confident he’ll be able to take the win on March 23.

“I’ve been working with great coaches like Duke Rufus on my striking and Ben Askren on my wrestling and other great coaches with my grappling,” said Glenn. “I want to go in there and make waves and make a statement.

“I’ve just got to stay consistent with my training, and I’m with the right people, so I think it will happen.”

Glenn knows that getting in on the ground floor of a growing promotion and having a good performance could set him up to become a major force in the company over the coming year.

“There’s a handful of goals I have for this year,” said Glenn. “One for fighting is I would like to fight a handful of times in a year, and if I can get in four fights this year that would be great.

“Another goal is hopefully I can put on a good show and set a statement that will call out whoever they put into a title fight.”

Comments

VanZant Puts Weight-Cutting Struggle Behind Her In Move to 125

Paige VanZant is making her debut at flyweight at UFC 216 after dealing with weigh cutting issues for her last few fights. Rejuvenated, PVZ looks to make a statement when she takes on former bantamwe read news >>

UFC Fight Night 115's Alexander Volkov credits Russian media for making Stefan Struve fight

To hear Alexander Volkov tell it, the Russian media is why he’s facing Stefan Struve at UFC Fight Night 115 – not that he was opposed.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Rick Glenn Not Going To Be 'So Timid' at UFC 215 Against Unbeaten Gavin Tucker | MMAWeekly.com

Rick Glenn (19-4-1) takes on Gavin Tucker (10-0) in a preliminary 145-pound bout at UFC 215 on Saturday. read news >>

Just 1 year into pro career, UFC's Cynthia Calvillo looks for perfect 5-0 calendar year

A year into her pro MMA career, Cynthia Calvillo is already making a splash in the UFC. She hopes to conclude 2017 with a perfect 5-0 mark.Filed under: News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

Paige VanZant: 'I Was Killing Myself for This Sport' Making Weight | MMAWeekly.com

Paige VanZant returns to the Octagon on October 7 on the UFC 216 main card against Jessica Eye in a women's flyweight bout. read news >>

Rick Glenn Slams On The Gas Pedal

From a day job in Milwaukee to training with Team Alpha Male on the West Coast, Rick Glenn's life has been a roller coaster...and he loves it. Glenn takes on Gavin Tucker in the prelims at UFC 215. O read news >>

UFC 215 results: Rick Glenn overwhelms Gavin Tucker, who earns no mercy from referee

Eleven-year veteran Rick Glenn turned in one of the best performances of his career, battering a previously undefeated Gavin Tucker.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Rick Glenn's beatdown of Gavin Tucker made UFC history – in a weird way

In addition to being one of the ugliest beatdowns in recent memory, Rick Glenn’s win over Gavin Tucker at UFC 215 also made UFC history, albeit in a pretty weird way.Filed under: Blue Corner, Feature read news >>

Rick Glenn Dominates En Route to a Unanimous Decision (UFC 215 Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Rick Glenn put on an absolute clinic against a game Gavin Tucker to get his 20th professional win! #UFC215 — FOX Sports: UFC (@UFCONFOX) September 10, 2017 (Video courtesy of UFC on FOX | Viewing may read news >>

Should UFC 215 thrashing of Gavin Tucker been stopped? Rick Glenn says 'definitely'

Rick Glenn wishes his UFC 215 beatdown of Gavin Tucker would have ended before it did, but celebrates the current state of his 11-year long career.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>