#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #Nate Diaz #Darren Till #Kevin Lee #Michael Bisping #Dominick Cruz #Donald Cerrone #Robbie Lawler #Nick Diaz

Marlon MoraesAfter kicking off the year with a bang, it only seems fitting that World Series of Fighting bantamweight Marlon Moraes would end it the same way.

In March, Moraes picked up his second victory for the WSOF with a first-round knockout of Tyson Nam, and then followed that up with a unanimous decision over Brendan Hempleman in August, but it was his win WSOF 6 that Moraes really shined, knocking out Carson Bebee just 32 seconds into their fight.

“I’m so happy,” said Moraes. “I worked so hard for two months and I am so blessed with this victory.

“I didn’t expect it (to end so quickly), but all credit to my team and my coaches, they help me every day. I am so thankful to have those guys in my life.”

While he hadn’t anticipated the fight ending as fast as it did, Moraes was prepared for Bebee’s style of attack, which lead to the opening that he exploited to get the knockout.

“We had been working a lot to face a guy who comes hard with takedowns,” said Moraes. “I tried to pivot and as I was pivoting I got him with a couple good shots in the beginning. He comes hard and I keep going and just went 1-2 (combination) to the jaw.”

With four wins in four fights for the WSOF (and an overall record of 12-4) Moraes has earned a bantamweight title shot early next year.

“This is what Ray (Sefo, WSOF president) said, that my next fight is going to be for the title in March,” said Moraes. “I’m going to work so hard to get this. I’m training with the best guys in the world, and I want to fight the best guys in the world. It doesn’t matter who they’re going to find for me, I’m going to be ready.”

By finishing out 2013 undefeated for the year, Moraes has proven he can finish just as strong as he starts, and is looking to keep things going next year.

“This year was perfect for me,” he said. “I had a problem with my family, with my dad in Brazil, but he’s so healthy now. My career is growing. I have the best team, the best coaches and I’m so happy right now.

“I just want to thank the fans, the World Series of Fighting, and MMAWeekly for interviewing me. I just want to tell you guys that I can’t promise every fight will be a victory, but I will give 100-percent and I’m going to put on a great show for you guys.”

Comments

UFC Fight Night 117 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

See the social media reactions from fighters at this past Friday’s UFC Fight Night 117 card in Japan. Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Bellator 183 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

See the social media reactions from fighters at this past Saturday’s Bellator 183 card in San Jose. Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News read news >>

After postponement for UFC 215 fight, Jeremy Stephens finally got married over the weekend

After pushing back his wedding to fight at UFC 215, Jeremy Stephens had his wedding over the weekend.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

PFL's season-ending charity event features Ivanov, Palmer, Siler, Kyle, others

PFL, the successor to WSOF, will close out its abbreviated 2017 campaign with a charity event that features some familiar names.Filed under: News, PFL read news >>

Aspen Ladd Finally Books Long Awaited UFC Debut Fight in Poland | MMAWeekly.com

Highly touted bantamweight prospect Aspen Ladd has finally booked her Octagon debut against Lina Lansberg at UFC Fight Night in Poland on Oct. 21. UFC officials announced the new matchup on Tuesday. read news >>

Bellator 183 salaries: Patricky Freire earns event-best $110,000

Patricky Freire earned the largest disclosed payday at this past weekend’s Bellator 183 event.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Dominick Cruz Returns; Cynthia Calvillo Booked Against Former Champ at UFC 219 | MMAWeekly.com

Former bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz has finally booked his next fight as he will face off with Jimmie Rivera at UFC 219 in Las Vegas on Dec. 30. Cruz has been out of action since losing the ba read news >>

Alexis Davis, Liz Carmouche Meet at Flyweight in Rematch at UFC Fight Night in Fresno | MMAWeekly.com

A pair of past title challengers will meet in a rematch at 125 pounds when Alexis Davis faces off with Liz Carmouche on Dec. 9 at UFC Fight Night from Fresno, Calif. UFC officials announced the match read news >>

Andrea Lee releases statement on scrapped UFC 216 bout

Due to a past drug-testing issue, Andrea Lee will have to wait six months to make her debut in the UFC women’s flyweight division.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 216: Ferguson vs. Lee Odds, Tickets, Predictions and Pre-Weigh-in Hype

At UFC 216, the lightweight division will finally have an active title picture for the first time in the Conor McGregor era. Either Tony Ferguson or Kevin Lee will become the interim title holder in read news >>