#Julian Lane #Ramsey Nijem #Conor McGregor #Duane Ludwig #Justin Buchholz #UFC 211 #Nate Diaz #Jewels #Hayder Hassan #Dhiego Lima #Bellator 179 #Rory MacDonald #Jon Jones #UFC 202 #TJ Dillashaw

Chas SkellyLooking back on his third round TKO win at the recent Legacy FC 16, undefeated featherweight prospect Chas Skelly sees both the positives and negatives of his performance.

“There are a lot of things that I could have done a lot better that I didn’t do because I was trying to set him up for a certain submission the first couple rounds, but it wasn’t working,” said Skelly. “It should have been a 30-second fight in my opinion instead of three rounds.

“The good thing is I learned a lot from that fight and it was a very valuable experience for me, so I can’t say too many bad things about it.”

Skelly further elaborated on what the fight opened his eyes to by saying, “I think one of the biggest things I learned that no matter how well you prepare, no matter how much film you watch or how well you know an opponent, there’s just such a level of unpredictability that goes with this sport.

“First, I got too complacent and set in what I was planning on doing and it just really hurt me in the fight. Secondly, I shouldn’t force things and should just let them happen. Lastly, I shouldn’t stop throwing and try to land shots wherever I can because that’s where all your openings come from.”

Following a near two-year layoff, Skelly’s three wins in three fights in 2012 couldn’t have been a more successful comeback.

“In 2010, I suffered an injury that put me out for a year, then in 2011 I tried to come back from the injury and got hurt again; so finally getting back in there and finally getting great coaching and training partners at Team Takedown, things are going great for me,” he said.

“It’s nice to get back in there and get a few wins under my belt. 2012 went better than I could have planned or ever expected.”

Having fought previously in Bellator before his injury, Skelly is looking forward to getting back up to that level again and finish what he started prior to his layoff.

“Now that I’m back and rolling and feeling good, I know I can push myself just like I used to before I got hurt – that’s a huge step for me,” he said. “Hopefully before too long I’ll get a call from a bigger promotion.

“This year was a big year for me because I had to come back, and next year is going to be even better because I believe I’m going to carry my momentum through into the bigger promotions and pick up right where I left off.”

Watch Matt Hamill rip through fellow UFC vet Luiz Cane in 38 seconds for first win since 2012

Matt Hamill is still competing in professional MMA, and on Friday, “The Hammer” picked up his first win in nearly five years. Filed under: News, Videos read news >>

Skelly plans to give people what they want in Dallas

Chas Skelly will might Jason Knight on the FX prelims at UFC 211 in Dallas on May 13. read news >>

Wait, is Chuck Liddell considering a UFC comeback? All depends on the opponent, trainer says

Based on a couple of Instagram posts these past few weeks, UFC Hall of Famer Chuck Liddell looks like someone in search of a fight. And people have noticed. Here was Liddell throwing some serious elb read news >>

Demian Maia, Nate Diaz and the Best Active UFC Fighters to Never Win UFC Gold

Marino. Malone. Moss. Maia? The jiu-jitsu world champ and current UFC contender has torn off six straight wins, several of them over the company's top welterweights. However, at age 39, the end of De read news >>

USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie rankings, May 9: Which division is due for a shakeup at UFC 211?

Take a look at this week rankings to see what’s at stake ahead of a stacked UFC 211 that features two title bouts and a boat load of top-10 fighters.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, Bellator, MMA Rankings read news >>

UFC 211's Chas Skelly on why he lacks buzz: 'Maybe it's because I'm ugly' (not really)

Chas Skelly has a lot of going for him. And yet, he’s not among the more well known fighters in the UFC. Why is that?Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Jared Gordon off Saturday's UFC 211 card due to 'food poison symptoms'

As has become a recent tradition, a UFC card has lost a fight on the eve of the event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Nelson vs. Ponzinibbio to headline Glasgow event

After earning his last five victories by submission, welterweight contender Gunnar Nelson will be seeking another spectacular finish on July 16 when he battles surging Brazilian standout Santiago read news >>

Gordon out of UFC 211 featherweight fight

UFC featherweight Jared Gordon was transported to Baylor University Medical Center early Friday morning due to weight management issues. He was treated and released, UFC officials confirmed. read news >>