#UFC Fight Night 118 #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #Artem Lobov #Andre Fili #Bellator 185 #Karolina Kowalkiewicz #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Jan Blachowicz #Devin Clark #Kristina Williams #Ramazan Emeev #Sam Alvey #Oskar Piechota

CageSport XXIIUndefeated in his first nine fights, current CageSport 145-pound champion Julian Erosa has quickly established himself as one of the top prospects in the Northwest fight scene.

Most recently, CageSport has managed to expand its audience due to a television deal with Root Sports. It’s a deal that Erosa in particular is happy to be fighting under.

“It’s nice to finally get out there like that and have it so my family and friends can actually see me fight rather than just hear about it,” he said. “It’s also good for promoters and sponsors looking for younger talent to be able to watch it on TV.

“It’s definitely a lot nicer to have this type of exposure and I’m really looking forward to going out there and showcasing my skills again for everybody.”

Erosa’s next opportunity to shine comes Saturday night as he defends his CageSport title against Drew Brokenshire just east of Tacoma, Wash.

“I’m pretty much a stand-up fighter and it’s pretty much what I’m 100-percent more comfortable with all around, but I can go anywhere,” said Erosa. “I can go on the ground and stuff too, but I feel I have an advantage on the feet. So that’s kind of my game plan: keep it standing, pick my shots and stagger him a little bit, and maybe finish it with a TKO or something.

“I feel all-around Drew’s a pretty decent guy, but my skills are a little bit better.”

While putting his title and unblemished record on the line could be a lot of pressure on Erosa, he told MMAWeekly.com that he thrives on those conditions and it makes him want to win even more.

“It does bring a little bit more pressure, but with that pressure it does bring a drive for me to want to really perform,” he said. “I don’t want to go out there and disappoint people who have a lot riding on me.

“I just really want to keep my record unblemished and keep pushing forward through these guys. They’re going to keep getting tougher, and some people are saying this is my toughest fight yet, but I feel like I’m going to be the bigger fighter and am going to be able to perform under pressure like this.”

The more Erosa can continue to deliver with the spotlight on him, the better his chances are of graduating to the next stage of his career, which he hopes to accomplish in 2013.

“I don’t try to look past anybody, but I really want to push to get myself into the UFC,” said Erosa. “145 is one of the deepest divisions out there, so you really have to earn your spot.

“Whether they call me to replace an injured fighter or I try out for TUF, however I can get in there and scratch my way to the top, that’s what I’ll do.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all the latest MMA news and updates.

Comments

Joseph Duffy vs. James Vick Added to UFC 217 in New York | MMAWeekly.com

After inking a new multi-fight contract to stay with the UFC, Joseph Duffy has been booked for his next fight as he faces off with James Vick on Nov. 4 in New York as part of the UFC 217 card at Madi read news >>

Dominick Cruz: Cody Garbrandt Won't Pull Out of UFC 217 No Matter What | MMAWeekly.com

Former bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz explains why current titleholder Cody Garbrandt won't pull out his UFC 217 title defense no matter what. read news >>

Kevin Lee: The Fights That Have Him on the Verge of History

In the main event of UFC 216 on Oct. 7, Kevin Lee steps into the Octagon for the biggest fight of his career when he faces Tony Ferguson for the interim UFC lightweight title. In the meantime, we tak read news >>

Kevin Lee Doesn't Respect Conor McGregor's UFC Lightweight Title | MMAWeekly.com

Lightweight contender Kevin Lee fights Tony Ferguson for the interim 155-pound title at UFC 216 and weighs in on Conor McGregor's lightweight legacy. read news >>

UFC 216's Kevin Lee intends to prove he's not 'all talk' against 'weird dude' Tony Ferguson

Kevin Lee plans to be the one to back up all his trash talk when he steps in the octagon vs. Tony Ferguson at UFC 216.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Andrea Lee vs. Kalindra Faria a late addition to next week's UFC 216 lineup

Next week’s UFC 216 lineup will apparently have 13 fights, after all.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News, UFC read news >>

THE 10: Top UFC Lightweight Title Fights

In advance of what should be an electric encounter between two bitter rivals and elite talents at UFC 216, here’s a look back at some of the outstanding championship fights of the past in the 155-pou read news >>

That big UFC 217 event with 3 title fights? Here's the official poster

As far as UFC events go, UFC 217 is a biggie, and now the November blockbuster has an official poster.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Cris Cyborg Not Happy with Current UFC Offer for Her Next Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Cris "Cyborg" Justino was ready to fight at UFC 219 in December but as of now there's no indication that she'll actually return on that date. Late Tuesday night, Cyborg revealed via Twitter that an u read news >>

Poland's Salim Touahri replaces Jim Wallhead vs. Warlley Alves at UFC Fight Night 118

Warlley Alves will stay on this week’s UFC card in Poland, and he’ll do so against a short-notice home-country replacement. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>