CageSport XXIIUndefeated in his first nine fights, current CageSport 145-pound champion Julian Erosa has quickly established himself as one of the top prospects in the Northwest fight scene.

Most recently, CageSport has managed to expand its audience due to a television deal with Root Sports. It’s a deal that Erosa in particular is happy to be fighting under.

“It’s nice to finally get out there like that and have it so my family and friends can actually see me fight rather than just hear about it,” he said. “It’s also good for promoters and sponsors looking for younger talent to be able to watch it on TV.

“It’s definitely a lot nicer to have this type of exposure and I’m really looking forward to going out there and showcasing my skills again for everybody.”

Erosa’s next opportunity to shine comes Saturday night as he defends his CageSport title against Drew Brokenshire just east of Tacoma, Wash.

“I’m pretty much a stand-up fighter and it’s pretty much what I’m 100-percent more comfortable with all around, but I can go anywhere,” said Erosa. “I can go on the ground and stuff too, but I feel I have an advantage on the feet. So that’s kind of my game plan: keep it standing, pick my shots and stagger him a little bit, and maybe finish it with a TKO or something.

“I feel all-around Drew’s a pretty decent guy, but my skills are a little bit better.”

While putting his title and unblemished record on the line could be a lot of pressure on Erosa, he told MMAWeekly.com that he thrives on those conditions and it makes him want to win even more.

“It does bring a little bit more pressure, but with that pressure it does bring a drive for me to want to really perform,” he said. “I don’t want to go out there and disappoint people who have a lot riding on me.

“I just really want to keep my record unblemished and keep pushing forward through these guys. They’re going to keep getting tougher, and some people are saying this is my toughest fight yet, but I feel like I’m going to be the bigger fighter and am going to be able to perform under pressure like this.”

The more Erosa can continue to deliver with the spotlight on him, the better his chances are of graduating to the next stage of his career, which he hopes to accomplish in 2013.

“I don’t try to look past anybody, but I really want to push to get myself into the UFC,” said Erosa. “145 is one of the deepest divisions out there, so you really have to earn your spot.

“Whether they call me to replace an injured fighter or I try out for TUF, however I can get in there and scratch my way to the top, that’s what I’ll do.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all the latest MMA news and updates.

Kamaru Usman wants to make UFC matchmakers' job easy by laying out fight schedule

UFC welterweight Kamaru Usman figures from his current position in the 170-pound class, he has about four jumps to make before he’s champion. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Radio Highlight, UFC, read news >>

Dear Bellator: Thanks for Making the Fights That the UFC Shouldn't

Saturday night in Inglewood, California, a legend will make his walk one last time while another will return to make it for the first time in three years at Bellator 170. Tito Ortiz, he of the flamin read news >>

Andrei Arlovski: I'm Not in a Position to Pick My Opponent (UFC Denver) | MMAWeekly.com

Having lost three fights in a row, Andrei Arlovski knows that he can't be choosy about his opponents or make big, boastful claims. read news >>

Anderson Silva wants fights with UFC champs McGregor and Bisping – but won't fight Brit in England

RIO DE JANEIRO – Former UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva has a fight scheduled with Derek Brunson, but he’s already got his sights on a couple of different opponents.Filed under: Featured, Featu read news >>

Antonio and A.J. McKee explain why you don't make 'Rampage' Jackson mad

When former UFC champion and current Bellator star Quinton Jackson wants to get into shape, he often heads to Lakewood, Calif., to train at The Body Shop.Filed under: Bellator, Featured Videos, News, read news >>

Ronda Rousey Receives Apology from Amanda Nunes for Post-UFC 207 Comments

Current UFC bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes held nothing back after she swiftly defeated Ronda Rousey at UFC 207 on Dec. 30. On Tuesday, more than one month after her victory, she apologized to Ro read news >>

Former champ Holly Holm on UFC 208 145-pound title headliner: Each division has to start somewhere

As former UFC women’s bantamweight champ Holly Holm points out, she didn’t really have a division before Ronda Rousey fought at UFC 157. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Sam Alvey Wants to Set Record for Most UFC Fights | MMAWeekly.com

After beating Nate Marquardt at UFC on FOX 23, Smilin' Sam Alvey has his eyes on setting the record for most UFC fights in a calendar year. read news >>

Joseph Duffy would rather stay true to self, test free agency than sign proposed UFC deal

UFC lightweight Joseph Duffy has been feeling the full brunt of a frigid Montreal January.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Watch Jacare Souza's Submission of Gegard Mousasi (UFC 208 Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Jacare Souza has won nine of his last 10 fights, including a Performance of the Night victory over Gegard Mousasi. Souza faces Tim Boetsch at UFC 208. read news >>