#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #GSP #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Nick Diaz #Michael Bisping #Holly Holm #Anderson Silva #Demetrious Johnson #Fight Night Rotterdam #Pancrase

'Uncle Creepy' makes his first defense against Will Campuzano on Dec. 2. | Photo: Jeff Sherwood

If Tachi Palace Fights flyweight champion Ian McCall is the best flyweight in the world, he'll be forced to defend that throne. That first defense now has a challenger.

Sherdog.com has confirmed that "Uncle Creepy" will make the first defense of his TPF crown at TPF 11 "Redemption" at the Tachi Palace Hotel and Casino in Lemoore, Calif., on Dec. 2 against fellow WEC veteran Will Campuzano.

Both parties confirmed the bout to Sherdog.com Thursday.

McCall, 27, rose to prominence as a flyweight in February when he upset then-consensus top 125-pounder Jussier da Silva by unanimous decision at Tachi Palace Fights 8. "Uncle Creepy" wrested the TPF flyweight title from Darrell Montague at TPF 10 on Aug. 5, submitting him in the third round.

Mount Pleasant, Texas' Campuzano tallied a 1-3 mark under Zuffa employ, but was cut from the UFC after going 0-2 in his Octagon appearances against Nick Pace and Chris Cariaso. In his flyweight debut in April, Campuzano choked out Randy Hinds in the first round.

"I was always small. I was walking around at 133 or 134 in the WEC," Campuzano told Sherdog.com "I’ve actually put some size on now. I think I hit my growth spurt pretty late. It's not easy to make the cut, but I can do it."

Campuzano also revealed that he planned for a tune-up bout in October or November if he could find a willing 125-pound opponent.

"I don't know too much about him yet, but he's obviously good enough to go to the WEC, so I can know he can fight," McCall told Sherdog.com of his first title challenger. "I know he's super tall and a kickboxer, so we can kickbox."

"I'll kickbox with anyone. It's an MMA fight. I'll do whatever I want, whenever I want," added the recently married Californian. "Darrell [Montague] said I wouldn't stand with him. I beat him up standing, then submitted him on the mat."

The flyweight title affair joins a previously announced TPF bantamweight championship bout on the bill, as Cody Gibson will meet former TPF flyweight champion Ulysses Gomez for the vacant 135-pound throne.

Comments

Report: UFC champ Max Holloway faces Frankie Edgar in UFC 218 headliner

Hawaii meets New Jersey in Detroit.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Robbie Lawler vs. Rafael dos Anjos headlines UFC on FOX 26 in Winnipeg

The UFC announced today that Robbie Lawler will take on Rafael dos Anjos in the headliner for UFC on FOX 26.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Claims He's Only Saving Mark Hunt from Himself | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White says he yanked Mark Hunt from UFC Fight Night headliner to save him from himself. read news >>

Ian McCall fires manager, then gets release from UFC after $100,000 demand

Veteran flyweight Ian McCall today asked for his release from UFC contract after the promotion denied his demand for a $100,000 payout in his next fight.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Go inside Georges St-Pierre's return and 3 title fights in UFC 217 extended preview

When the UFC returns to Madison Square Garden in New York City next month, three titles will be on the line at the top of the card.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Matthew Frincu, Curtis Millender talk kitchen sinks and potential UFC deals ahead of LFA 24 headliner

A pair of high-level strikers meet in tonight’s LFA 24 main event, but their philosophies about how the matchup will go down are divergent.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News, UFC read news >>

Jeremy Kennedy out, Alex Volkanovski meets Humerto Bandenay at UFC-Sydney

With Jeremy Kennedy out with a back injury, Australia’s Alex Volkanovski will remain on the card in his home country next month. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Zach Makovsky doesn't have plan beyond ACB 72 headliner vs. Yoni Sherbatov

Former UFC veteran and Bellator champion Zach Makovsky isn’t sure what his fighting future holds.Filed under: News, Radio, Videos read news >>

Is CM Punk's return to UFC imminent? He's apparently training like it is

What are the chances CM Punk fights in the UFC before the end of the year?Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC champ Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre meet on the ice

The promotion continues for UFC 217’s headliner between middleweight champion Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>