#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Claudia Gadelha #Jessica Andrade #Bellator MMA #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Ovince St. Preux #Conor McGregor #Paul Daley

jorge-masvidal-10.jpgSEATTLE – UFC lightweight Jorge Masvidal hasn’t had many good things to say about UFC on FOX 8 opponent Michael Chiesa. Actually, he hasn’t anything good to say at all.

“I really just don’t care for him,” Masvidal told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). “I didn’t like his sportsmanship toward one of my teammates in his last fight. He was kind of a jerk. I just don’t care for him at all.

“I just think he’s a punk, and I’m going to go out there and prove it.”

Masvidal has been outspoken in his contempt for Chiesa leading up to the pair’s UFC on FOX 8 meeting this Saturday at Seattle’s KeyArena. In a recent interview with MMAjunkie.com Radio, he struggled to find anything that impressed him about the undefeated winner of “The Ultimate Fighter 15.”

“There’s nothing nowhere that impresses me about him,” Masvidal said. “He’s like a watered-down Royce Gracie. I don’t see anything on this guy.”

But at a Thursday media session, he took things a step further, attacking Chiesa’s trademark beard, which Masvidal said he may seek to have the Washington State Department of Licensing address.

“I’m going to tell the commission to wrap that thing up,” Masvidal said. “I don’t want to get no mat herpes or nothing on my face. I’ve been in this game a long time, and I ain’t got nothing on my face. I ain’t about catch some syphilis or whatever he’s got going on in that beard, you know?”

For his part, Chiesa has thus far refused to engage in a trashtalking battle. The even-keeled 25-year-old admits he’s read some of Masvidal’s quotes but isn’t interested in bothering with a reply.

“Whatever pumps him up,” Chiesa said. “I’ll let my actions speak for themselves.

“I’m not a talker. I’m a performer, and I’m going to perform on Saturday night.”

Whether or not the preliminary-card matchup, which airs on FX in advance of the FOX-televised main card, has developed into a full-fledged grudge match remains to be seen. Whether or not Chiesa’s beard will become an actual point of contention also remains a mystery, as an official complaint has yet to be filed with the governing commission.

But one thing is crystal clear: Masvidal is not a Chiesa fan, and it appears nothing is off-limits.

“It’s not like I’m going to see him in the street and fight him or nothing like that,” Masvidal said. “It’s not like he owes me money. I just don’t like the dude. I really don’t care for him at all.

“As long as he keeps that beard out of my face, we’ll be cool.”

For the latest on UFC on FOX 8, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Comments

10 reasons to watch UFC 215 (*sigh* – even without Demetrious Johnson's shot at history)

It’s funny how fast things can change in the UFC. Just look at UFC 215 new headliner. Still, there are plenty of reasons to watch.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Amanda Nunes knows UFC is punishing her with co-main demotion, isn't worried about it

The women’s bantamweight champion simply plans on going out and defending her title at UFC 215.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

The fascinating things I've learned about fishing from following Gregor Gillespie on Instagram

Undefeated UFC lightweight Gregor Gillespie prides himself on being the “best fisherman in MMA.” A study of his Instagram reveals his passion for the angling life.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured V read news >>

Trading Shots: On toughness, tapping to strikes, and the things that only fighters know

David Branch tapped to strikes at UFC Fight Night 116, which usually earns fighters some criticism from fans and peers. But when others fight past the point of good sense, was this actually the smart read news >>

Scott Coker knows plenty about those comparisons to the UFC ahead of Bellator 183

Scott Coker knows a few things about having his promotion compared to the big guns at the UFC. Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Yet-to-debut UFC signee Azamat Murzakanov notified of potential doping violation

• 9 hours ago

For a man nicknamed “The Professional,” things aren’t looking quite that way at the moment.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 Medical Suspensions: Three Fighters Face Three-Month Layoffs | MMAWeekly.com

• 7 hours ago

The UFC released the medical suspensions stemming from Friday's UFC Fight Night 117 on Monday. Three fighters from the fight card that took place at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan face potenti read news >>

After postponement for UFC 215 fight, Jeremy Stephens finally got married over the weekend

• 6 hours ago

After pushing back his wedding to fight at UFC 215, Jeremy Stephens had his wedding over the weekend.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Stevie Ray working through the trials, tribulations of waiting for new UFC deal

• 5 hours ago

Lightweight Stevie Ray has been on the shelf since a knockout loss to Paul Felder – and now he’s uncertain what his UFC contract status is.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

VanZant forced out of 216 bout with Eye

• a day ago

Due to injury, Paige VanZant has been forced to withdraw from her UFC 216 bout against Jessica Eye on Oct. 7. read news >>