#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #Nick Diaz #GSP #Nate Diaz #Quinton Jackson #Kevin Lee #Michael Bisping #Pancrase #Rizin Fighting World Grand Prix 2017 #Demetrious Johnson #Fight Night Rotterdam

jorge-masvidal-10.jpgSEATTLE – UFC lightweight Jorge Masvidal hasn’t had many good things to say about UFC on FOX 8 opponent Michael Chiesa. Actually, he hasn’t anything good to say at all.

“I really just don’t care for him,” Masvidal told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). “I didn’t like his sportsmanship toward one of my teammates in his last fight. He was kind of a jerk. I just don’t care for him at all.

“I just think he’s a punk, and I’m going to go out there and prove it.”

Masvidal has been outspoken in his contempt for Chiesa leading up to the pair’s UFC on FOX 8 meeting this Saturday at Seattle’s KeyArena. In a recent interview with MMAjunkie.com Radio, he struggled to find anything that impressed him about the undefeated winner of “The Ultimate Fighter 15.”

“There’s nothing nowhere that impresses me about him,” Masvidal said. “He’s like a watered-down Royce Gracie. I don’t see anything on this guy.”

But at a Thursday media session, he took things a step further, attacking Chiesa’s trademark beard, which Masvidal said he may seek to have the Washington State Department of Licensing address.

“I’m going to tell the commission to wrap that thing up,” Masvidal said. “I don’t want to get no mat herpes or nothing on my face. I’ve been in this game a long time, and I ain’t got nothing on my face. I ain’t about catch some syphilis or whatever he’s got going on in that beard, you know?”

For his part, Chiesa has thus far refused to engage in a trashtalking battle. The even-keeled 25-year-old admits he’s read some of Masvidal’s quotes but isn’t interested in bothering with a reply.

“Whatever pumps him up,” Chiesa said. “I’ll let my actions speak for themselves.

“I’m not a talker. I’m a performer, and I’m going to perform on Saturday night.”

Whether or not the preliminary-card matchup, which airs on FX in advance of the FOX-televised main card, has developed into a full-fledged grudge match remains to be seen. Whether or not Chiesa’s beard will become an actual point of contention also remains a mystery, as an official complaint has yet to be filed with the governing commission.

But one thing is crystal clear: Masvidal is not a Chiesa fan, and it appears nothing is off-limits.

“It’s not like I’m going to see him in the street and fight him or nothing like that,” Masvidal said. “It’s not like he owes me money. I just don’t like the dude. I really don’t care for him at all.

“As long as he keeps that beard out of my face, we’ll be cool.”

For the latest on UFC on FOX 8, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Comments

The fascinating things I've learned about fishing from following Gregor Gillespie on Instagram

Undefeated UFC lightweight Gregor Gillespie prides himself on being the “best fisherman in MMA.” A study of his Instagram reveals his passion for the angling life.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured V read news >>

Yet-to-debut UFC signee Azamat Murzakanov notified of potential doping violation

For a man nicknamed “The Professional,” things aren’t looking quite that way at the moment.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 216 live video chat with MMAjunkie Radio's 'Gorgeous' George and Goze (10/7, 10 p.m. ET)

MMAjunkie Radio hosts “Gorgeous” George and Goze will kick things off at the start of the pay-per-view to talk all things UFC 216 as it happens.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 216: Ferguson vs. Lee Preview Podcast with Michael Chiesa and Anthony Birchak | MMAWeekly.com

With just one day remaining to UFC 216, Tony Ferguson and Kevin Lee are just hours away from stepping into the Octagon to crown an interim lightweight champion. Meanwhile, Demetrious Johnson will loo read news >>

After wild UFC 216 result, Bobby Green says judges aren't looking at right things

UFC lightweight veteran Bobby Green would rather hand off judging duties to his peers, biased as they might be, than those professionally tasked to score fights.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Trading Shots: On toughness, tapping to strikes, and the things that only fighters know

David Branch tapped to strikes at UFC Fight Night 116, which usually earns fighters some criticism from fans and peers. But when others fight past the point of good sense, was this actually the smart read news >>

Scott Coker knows plenty about those comparisons to the UFC ahead of Bellator 183

Scott Coker knows a few things about having his promotion compared to the big guns at the UFC. Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Cris Cyborg clarifies stance on Holly Holm and USADA testing

• 46 minutes ago

UFC women’s featherweight champ Cris Cyborg says she isn’t worried about the past – just the future – if she fights Holly Holm at UFC 219.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 118: Cerrone vs. Till Live Results and Fight Stats | MMAWeekly.com

• 26 minutes ago

Follow along for UFC Fight Night 118: Cerrone vs. Till full live results and fight stats. First fight is slated for 11:30 am ET / 8:30 am PT on Saturday. read news >>

UFC 217: Bisping vs. St-Pierre Live Results and Fight Stats | MMAWeekly.com

• 31 minutes ago

Follow along for UFC 217: Bisping vs. St-Pierre full live results and fight stats. First fight is slated for 6:30 pm ET / 3:30 pm PT on Saturday, Nov. 4. read news >>