#Conor McGregor #Cris Cyborg #UFC 211 #Bellator 179 #Nate Diaz #Rory MacDonald #Angela Magana #Paul Daley #Diaz vs. McGregor 2 #Dhiego Lima #Hayder Hassan #GSP

jorge-masvidal-10.jpgSEATTLE – UFC lightweight Jorge Masvidal hasn’t had many good things to say about UFC on FOX 8 opponent Michael Chiesa. Actually, he hasn’t anything good to say at all.

“I really just don’t care for him,” Masvidal told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). “I didn’t like his sportsmanship toward one of my teammates in his last fight. He was kind of a jerk. I just don’t care for him at all.

“I just think he’s a punk, and I’m going to go out there and prove it.”

Masvidal has been outspoken in his contempt for Chiesa leading up to the pair’s UFC on FOX 8 meeting this Saturday at Seattle’s KeyArena. In a recent interview with MMAjunkie.com Radio, he struggled to find anything that impressed him about the undefeated winner of “The Ultimate Fighter 15.”

“There’s nothing nowhere that impresses me about him,” Masvidal said. “He’s like a watered-down Royce Gracie. I don’t see anything on this guy.”

But at a Thursday media session, he took things a step further, attacking Chiesa’s trademark beard, which Masvidal said he may seek to have the Washington State Department of Licensing address.

“I’m going to tell the commission to wrap that thing up,” Masvidal said. “I don’t want to get no mat herpes or nothing on my face. I’ve been in this game a long time, and I ain’t got nothing on my face. I ain’t about catch some syphilis or whatever he’s got going on in that beard, you know?”

For his part, Chiesa has thus far refused to engage in a trashtalking battle. The even-keeled 25-year-old admits he’s read some of Masvidal’s quotes but isn’t interested in bothering with a reply.

“Whatever pumps him up,” Chiesa said. “I’ll let my actions speak for themselves.

“I’m not a talker. I’m a performer, and I’m going to perform on Saturday night.”

Whether or not the preliminary-card matchup, which airs on FX in advance of the FOX-televised main card, has developed into a full-fledged grudge match remains to be seen. Whether or not Chiesa’s beard will become an actual point of contention also remains a mystery, as an official complaint has yet to be filed with the governing commission.

But one thing is crystal clear: Masvidal is not a Chiesa fan, and it appears nothing is off-limits.

“It’s not like I’m going to see him in the street and fight him or nothing like that,” Masvidal said. “It’s not like he owes me money. I just don’t like the dude. I really don’t care for him at all.

“As long as he keeps that beard out of my face, we’ll be cool.”

For the latest on UFC on FOX 8, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Demian Maia responds to champ Tyron Woodley's unfortunate comments about Masvidal fight

Ahead of his UFC 211 scrap with Jorge Masvidal, welterweight contender Demian Maia has a few – politely put – thoughts on champ Tyron Woodley and his ‘incoherent’ behavior.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Vitor Belfort joins Montreal's Tristar Gym ahead of final octagon bout at UFC 212

Vitor Belfort is doing things a little bit differently ahead of what he’s decided will be the final fight of his UFC career next month at UFC 212.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Jorge Masvidal Rips Michael Bisping for Fighting St-Pierre Instead of Romero | MMAWeekly.com

Jorge Masvidal, during Wednesday's UFC 211 Ultimate Media Day, went off on Michael Bisping for refusing to fight Yoel Romero. read news >>

Who ya got?! Are fighters picking Stipe Miocic or Junior Dos Santos in UFC 211's headliner?

First things first: You’ll have a hard time finding two headliners that fellow fighters like more than UFC 211’s Stipe Miocic and Junior Dos Santos.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, read news >>

Demian Maia cleaned his mind of title shot talk ahead of UFC 211 bout with Jorge Masvidal

DALLAS – Demian Maia is not wasting time or energy obsessing about fighting for the welterweight title ahead of his UFC 211 clash with Jorge Masvidal.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Kevin Lee, Michael Chiesa thrown out of UFC news conference after punch thrown

DALLAS – Kevin Lee and Michael Chiesa provided a preview of their upcoming UFC Fight Night 112 headliner today when the pair of lightweights got physical during the “UFC Summer Kickoff” news conferen read news >>

Michael Chiesa and Kevin Lee Go to Blows During UFC Press Conference (video) | MMAWeekly.com

In the midst of announcing their UFC Fight Night headliner, Michael Chiesa and Kevin Lee came to blows during the UFC 2017 Summer Kickoff Press Conference. read news >>

Why Dana White had reason to laugh after Kevin Lee punched Michael Chiesa at press conference

DALLAS – UFC President Dana White isn’t sure what’s going to happen with Kevin Lee and his upcoming opponent, Michael Chiesa. Still, he could manage a laugh following Friday’s wild “UFC Summer Kickof read news >>

UFC 211's Jorge Masvidal: Of all people, why not make Anderson Silva happy?

DALLAS – UFC welterweight standout Jorge Masvidal hasn’t kept up with ex-middleweight champ Anderson Silva’s drama with the promotion. He’s got a fight to worry about. Filed under: Featured, News, UF read news >>

Demian Maia vs. Jorge Masvidal: UFC 211 Joe Rogan Preview | MMAWeekly.com

UFC commentator Joe Rogan breaks down the welterweight bout between Demian Maia and Jorge Masvidal scheduled for UFC 211. read news >>