#UFC Fight Night 55 #Fabricio Werdum #Marcin Tybura #UFC 217 #GSP #Michael Bisping

UFC strawweight and perpetually upbeat Alexa Grasso is on the mend following a recent knee surgery.

Grasso (10-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) fell out of the top 15 of the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA women’s strawweight rankings following a decision loss to Felice Herrig in February. She rebounded in August with a narrow split-decision win over Randa Markos in August, and the fight was a finalist for MMAjunkie’s “Fight of the Month.”

However, the 24-year-old Mexican fighter, who missed weight for the fight, revealed she had a knee injury going into the matchup, as she wrote on Instagram:

According to Grasso, an MRI revealed a “damaged” meniscus.

Here’s a full translation provided by MMAjunkie:

“Good morning. I hope that you had a great weekend. I have two pieces of news, one good and one bad. The bad one is that I have an injury in my knee. Before my last fight, I had pain. My camp passed, and so did my teammates in Mexico City. I came back, and I went to the therapist, but the pain persisted. They sent me to take an MRI, and it ended up being that the meniscus was damaged. It’s not so bad, but it was necessary to have surgery to avoid further damage. The good news is that at SportMed, Dr. Francisco Arroyo performed a very good surgery, and now I have to keep resting and have therapy.

“This is my face after the anesthesia. I am very well taken care of and ready to recuperate myself as soon as possible. Sending big hugs. Please send me good vibes.”

Grasso hadn’t been booked for an upcoming event, and her recovery time table isn’t known.

For more on the UFC’s upcoming schedule, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.

The Blue Corner is MMAjunkie‘s official blog and is edited by Mike Bohn.

Comments

UFC Fight Night 119 weigh-in results and live video stream (7 a.m. ET)

MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from today’s early and official UFC Fight Night 119 fighter weigh-ins, which kick off at 7 a.m. ET (4 a.m. PT).Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

After D'Arce choke win, Vicente Luque wants recent UFC main-event winner Darren Till next

After taking advantage of a short-notice opportunity, Vicente Luque has lofty aspirations for his next outing.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk to Rose Namajunas: 'You are mentally unstable and you are broken already' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC women's strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk is well known for her ferocious style inside the Octagon as well as her intimidating stare downs with every opponent she's faced in the UFC. Well a read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk: 'Can you imagine this elbow on Rose's face? I can!' (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC strawweight champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk shows off some of the impressive, powerful striking skills that she plans to use on Rose Namajunas. read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk has no doubt she'll beat Ronda Rousey's UFC title-defense record

UFC strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk is promising history in her title fight with Rose Namajunas at UFC 217.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

When Octagon Door Closes, Garbrandt All Business vs. Dillashaw

Cody Garbrandt is on top of the world. He’s the UFC bantamweight champion, about to defend his title against TJ Dillashaw in Madison Square Garden, and he and his wife are about to welcome a baby boy read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk on Facebook Live

Joanna Jedrzejczyk jumped on Facebook live ahead of her UFC 217 strawweight title bout against Rose Namajunas. Among the topics she covered were the hardest hitting fighter, Conor's movie, her oppone read news >>

UFC champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk plans to retire undefeated, dominate 3 divisions

UFC strawweight champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk has some extremely lofty goals, starting with UFC 217.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dana White: More than Conor McGregor, homophobic slurs by UFC fighters 'definitely a problem'

UFC President Dana White expressed concern about a recent growing trend of UFC fighters using homophobic language.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk Berates Rose Namajunas: 'This is too much for you' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC strawweight champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk has ramped up her war of words on challenger Rose Namajunas as the fight draws near. read news >>