#UFC Fight Night 118 #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #Bellator 185 #KSW 40 #Artem Lobov #MMA Rocks #Andre Fili #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Karolina Kowalkiewicz #Conor McGregor #Kristina Williams #Norman Parke #Mariusz Pudzianowski

Matt Mitrione at UFC 119

Matt Mitrione

Matt Mitrione continued his climb in the UFC heavyweight division with another knockout victory. The former NFL lineman finished Christian Morecraft with strikes in the second round.

“The kid is a scrapper, he’s a gamer, and he’s going to come out ready to go. I throw them, and I land them heavy, so if he can take a couple to the face repeatedly, good for him, but I’m sure I’m going to test his chin. I promise,” Mitrione told MMAWeekly prior to his fight.

And test his chin he did.

Mitrione dropped Morecraft with a straight left just past a minute in the opening round.  A composed Mitrione let Morecraft back up.  “Meathead” rocked Morecraft a few minutes later with a combination that put him on the mat.  The 32-year-old heavyweight followed him down immediately, but Morecraft reversed the takedown and hung on for dear life until the round ended.

Morecraft took Mitrione down in the second stanza, but the two fighters were stood back up due to inactivity.  A right-left-right combination put Morecraft on the mat for good; Mitrione was so confident in the knockout that he didn’t bother following his opponent to the ground.

“All I have to say about my hands is… I piss excellence.  I just get used to it.  I piss excellence. I’m sorry everybody, that’s what I do,” jested Mitrione after the fight.

“I thought he was out earlier in the first.  When I realized he wasn’t, he kind of opened up a bit.  This time I saw his eyes roll back and I knew he was done,” commented Mitrione about his handy work.

So what the does the future hold for Matt Mitrione?

“I love challenges.  I thought Morecraft was a challenge.  He brought a totally different dimension from what I’ve seen.  So whatever the boss says is what I’m going to say ‘yes’ to.”

Galleries

Matt Mitrione Fights

• 4 months ago

Comments

Conor McGregor on Mayweather, state of UFC lightweight division, 'rat' Paulie Malignaggi

Conor Mcgregor opened up on a variety of topics during a fan Q&A event in Glasgow, Scotland.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey Produced Documentary Series 'Why We Fight' Picked Up by Verizon Go90 | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey continued to push into new avenues outside the cage with her latest project getting picked up by Verizon's Go90 free video service. The documenta read news >>

UFC 216: Ferguson vs. Lee Odds, Tickets, Predictions and Pre-Weigh-in Hype

At UFC 216, the lightweight division will finally have an active title picture for the first time in the Conor McGregor era. Either Tony Ferguson or Kevin Lee will become the interim title holder in read news >>

UFC 216 Results: Tony Ferguson Wins Lightweight Title Via Submission

After almost a year of relative inactivity in the lightweight division, the 155-pound weight class has an interim champion in Tony Ferguson. El Cucuy defeated Kevin Lee to claim the interim belt via read news >>

Mark Hunt Blasts Dana White and the UFC After Being Pulled from UFC Fight Night in Australia | MMAWeekly.com

Mark Hunt knows exactly why he was pulled from the UFC Fight Night card in Australia although his excuse most likely doesn't jive with the reasons the promotion gave him the hook. On Tuesday, Hunt wa read news >>

Cris Cyborg Blasts Holly Holm, Wants to 'Beat Her Ass' at UFC 219 | MMAWeekly.com

Kettle? This is the pot calling. You're black! (aka Cris Cyborg putting Holly Holm on blast.) read news >>

Dana White Rips Fans After Darren Till Blasts Donald Cerrone at UFC Gdansk | MMAWeekly.com

• 10 hours ago

Dana White responded to critical fans with an expletive-filled tirade after Darren Till defeated Donald Cerrone. read news >>

Fight Night Gdansk Scorecard: Who Were The Big Winners?

• 22 hours ago

Saturday’s UFC Gdansk event is in the books, and now that the dust has settled in Poland, it’s time to go to the scorecard to see who the big winners were at Ergo Arena. read news >>

Dustin Poirier Raising Money for Fallen Police Officer's Family at UFC Norfolk | MMAWeekly.com

• 5 hours ago

Dustin Poirier is using his fight with Anthony Pettis at UFC Norfolk to raise funds for the family of a fallen police officer from his local community. read news >>

Dan Hooker meets Mark Diakiese at UFC 219 in Las Vegas

• 4 hours ago

New Zealand lightweight Dan Hooker seeks the first two-fight UFC winning streak of his career when he takes on English prospect Marc Diakiese. Filed under: News read news >>