#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Claudia Gadelha #Jessica Andrade #Bellator MMA #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Conor McGregor #Ovince St. Preux #Paul Daley

Jeff Curran WEC 40Team Curran leader Jeff Curran will go into UFC on Fuel TV 3 striving to get his first win in the Octagon in Virginia.  Curran will meet Nova Uniao’s Johnny Eduardo, a veteran of the sport who is also looking for his first UFC win.

The veteran has seen his ups and downs in the sport. In his last fight, he lost a decision to bantamweight contender Scott Jorgensen. Coming out of that fight with Jorgensen, Curran has new motivation in life, to lead by example and show his students how it’s done.

Now heading into the Patriot Center, Curran isn’t at all impressed with Eduardo’s 25-9 record. The 34-year-old believes that Eduardo has had an easy path to the UFC and makes no secret about how he feels that Eduardo’s record was padded.

“He’s tough no doubt, I respect him a lot, but I don’t let the record get to me,” Curran told MMAWeekly Radio.

“I’ve had those moments a few times in my career where I was on those kind of rolls.  But he was fighting a lot of guys that only had a couple of fights that are like 1-2, 0-3, 0-4, and 6-7 and a lot his crazy record was on Shooto Brazil, which is owned by Andre Pederneiras (Eduardo’s coach).  He built himself properly and maybe took the wrong road to get to the UFC.

“I don’t discount him at all.  I’m thinking anything can happen in this fight as far as how he’s going to approach me, so I’ll be just as ready for him to shoot a double on me as I am for him to try and kick my leg off.  I respect him.  I’m prepared for him and I’m ready to meet him in the middle and show the UFC and the fans that this is how I fight, this is what I’ve always done and I’m not changing.”

Make no mistake about it, Curran is taking Eduardo seriously.  Curran has prepared for a tough fight, but he’s seen it time and time again where a fighter has faced easier competitors to build a long resume.

“Believe me, I’ve researched every fight of his going back two to three years, not to study the actual fight, but to see who they are and to who they lost to and try to find footage of the people he’s fought.  There wasn’t a whole lot of impressive guys.  Not that there wasn’t some key guys that made Johnny Eduardo world known. There’s definitely got to be those elements in there where he fight the good named guys.”

At the end of the day, Curran isn’t wrong about the Nova Uniao pupil’s record as seven of Eduardo’s last 11 opponents have subpar records.  And Come fight time, Curran has prepared for a well-disciplined attack for a dangerous opponent and hopes to foil Eduardo’s plans.

“It’s no different than a boxer building their record.  They knock everyone out for their first 30 fights and once they start fighting top contender fights and every one goes to a split decision once that bar gets raised.  When Aldo fights high-level guys like you see in UFC Brazil, he fights different.  Every time he fights somebody that’s dangerous, he fights them different.  It’s been a pretty good pattern for me to study and I’m hoping to continue that pattern and exploit whatever it is I see.”

Follow Andrew Gladstone at @gladstone1 on Twitter.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Comments

Evander Holyfield Believes the Mayweather vs. McGregor Fight Was Stopped Early | MMAWeekly.com

Following Floyd "Money" Mayweather's 10th-round stoppage of UFC champion Conor McGregor on Saturday, a lot of people thought the fight was stopped prematurely. read news >>

Struve believes he's best he's ever been

Almost nine years and 18 fights into his UFC career, Stefan Struve is finally starting to show just how dangerous he can be inside the Octagon. The 29-year-old returns to action Saturday, headlining read news >>

Claudia Gadelha believes win vs. Jessica Andrade should earn new stab at UFC strawweight title

Claudia Gadelha says she preferred to be fighting someone coming off a win. But, set on fighting in Japan, she took what was available:Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Demetrious Johnson plans to keep adding to UFC title defense record – because why would he stop at 11?

Champ Demetrious Johnson believes he still has plenty of competition in the UFC flyweight position.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Ray Borg says he'll easily make weight for UFC 215 title fight; Demetrious Johnson believes him

“I’ve corrected my mistakes,” Ray Borg says of his past weight-cut struggles.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Valentino Shevchenko Believes Blown Weight Cut Forced Amanda Nunes' Withdrawal at UFC 213 | MMAWeekly.com

In her comments to MMAWeekly.com leading up to UFC 215, Valentina Shevchenko cast a long shadow of doubt over Amanda Nunes' excuse for withdrawing from UFC 213. read news >>

Rafael dos Anjos wants title shot, promises not to let champ Tyron Woodley 'walk around'

Rafael dos Anjos believes his UFC 215 submission of Neil Magny should get him the next welterweight title shot vs. Tyron Woodley.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Conor McGregor Says Floyd Mayweather Has 'Strong Tools' He Could Take into MMA

UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor believes Floyd Mayweather Jr. has some "strong tools" that'd enable him to be a success in MMA. McGregor had his first professional boxing fight on Saturday ag read news >>

UFC Fight Night 115's Stefan Struve out to prove once more 'rankings are bull(expletive)'

Stefan Struve believes a win over Alexander Volkov puts him right where he wants to be when it comes to challenging for Stipe Miocic’s belt.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 215's Neil Magny: Welterweight title shot 'within reach' if I beat Rafael dos Anjos

Neil Magny believes he could slide into a UFC welterweight title shot with a good showing vs. Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 215.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>