#UFC 218 #Conor McGregor #Francis Ngannou #Alistair Overeem #UFC 217 #Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux #Max Holloway #Mike Perry #Jose Aldo #GSP

UFC lightweight Paul Felder’s most recent octagon outings involved trips to Brazil, Canada and Scotland. They also involved, respectively, meeting a Brazilian, a Canadian and a Scotsman.

With that in mind, one can see where Felder (14-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC)  is coming from with this simple request for his next fight.

“I would like to fight in the United States, and there are quite a few cards coming up,” Felder told MMAjunkie Radio. “These Japan cards and all – they’re a little soon. As cool as that would be – I’d go there as a guest fighter. But right now I want to fight on my own country.”

In fairness, Felder should have a few goodwill chips stored with the promotion at this point. Not only is he coming off big back-to-back wins – both involving first-round elbow brutality – but he’s also proven to be valuable outside of the cage, with his current role as an analyst for Dana White’s Contender Series.

Fresh off his “Performance of the Night” knockout of Stevie Ray at last month’s UFC Fight Night 113 event, Felder said he’s healthy and somewhat ready to go. The only thing, he says, is the weight – which the lightweight estimates currently sits at around 190 pounds.

With that in mind, he’s eyeing a return between October and December – though, in his typical company man fashion, he could find a way to be ready before should an opportunity arise. And he’s not even making too many demands when it comes to that.

“I’d love a top-15 guy, but I’m not pushing that so much as I just want another exciting fight and another win,” Felder said. “I’m nearing the end of this contract, so a good win puts me in good standing with the UFC to get another big contract coming out and keep going.”

As far as those possible opponents go, Felder is not going around issuing callouts. Mostly, he’s interested in fighters who, like him, have a penchant for exciting striking battles. While he would love to acquiesce to some fan requests, like a meeting with lightweight contender Kevin Lee, he’s also realistic.

“Knowing rankings – I’m not even in the top 15 yet to be getting a shot with a guy like Lee would be – I’d take it, but it would be crazy,” Felder said.

He does have one stylistic dream fight, though. And, should it somehow materialize at UFC 217, set for Nov. 4 in New York City, “The Irish Dragon” probably wouldn’t be mad.

“That fight alone is a fight that I would love to have, with (Al Iaquinta),” Felder said. “Most of the time, any time I’m matched up people are like, ‘This going to be fight of the night.’

“Can you imagine if me and him got matched up at Madison Square Garden? Listen up, UFC. Let’s do it.”

Another scenario that Felder is very comfortable with is UFC 218, which takes place Dec. 2 at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit. That would fit well within his desire to get a fight near his Philadelphia home grounds.

But ultimately, when it comes to Felder, it seems like there’s very little that can’t be negotiated.

“If they gave me like a co-main event, main event overseas, I’m all about it,” Felder said. “I want to be kind of putting my name out there and taking these big spots. I’ll take a main event. I’d love a five-round fight with somebody. I don’t care if it’s literally in their kitchen. I’ll take it. I want to fight five rounds for the UFC before I retire.”

To hear more from Felder, check out the video above.

And for more on the UFC’s upcoming schedule, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.

MMAjunkie Radio broadcasts Monday-Friday at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino’s Race & Sports Book. The show is hosted by “Gorgeous” George Garcia and producer Brian “Goze” Garcia. For more information or to download past episodes, go to www.mmajunkie.com/radio.

Galleries

Al Iaquinta Fights

• 7 months ago

Kevin Lee Fights

• 5 months ago

Comments

After violent UFC 218 finish of Charles Oliveira, Paul Felder still welcomes Al Iaquinta next

After beating Charles Oliveira at UFC 218, Paul Felder now has his eye on that Al Iaquinta fight.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Kevin Lee on UFC champ Conor McGregor's antics: 'He's (expletive) up'

Kevin Lee watched his fellow Michigan native Floyd Mayweather blow through $100 million, so he doesn’t think Conor McGregor will have much trouble doing the same.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Vid read news >>

Watch Paul Felder's Spinning Backfist Finish of Danny Castillo (UFC KO of the Week) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Paul Felder's stunning finish of Danny Castillo at UFC 182. Felder faces off against Charles Oliveira in the Featured Prelim fight at UFC 218 on Saturday. read news >>

Paul Felder explains why 'Most Violent Fighter' is a dumb and dangerous UFC strategy

• a day ago

If you’re focused more on the title of “Most Violent Fighter” than you are actually winning a UFC belt, have it, Paul Felder said.Filed under: Featured, News, Radio Highlight, UFC read news >>

Even if he beats Paul Felder at UFC 218, Charles Oliveira still plans return to 145-pound division

Even if Saturday’s UFC 218 adds a second big lightweight win to his record, Charles Oliveira still wants to be featherweight king.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Paul Felder Drops the Hammer on Charles Oliveira (UFC 218 Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

(Video courtesy of UFC on FOX | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights restrictions) Check out highlights from Paul Felder's bone-crushing victory over Charles Oliveira at UFC 218 on Saturday at read news >>

UFC 218 results: Paul Felder survives Charles Oliveira's ground game, gets second-round KO

Paul Felder was in major first-round trouble on the ground with Charles Oliveira, but he survived to take home a second-round knockout.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC: USADA notifies Amanda Lemos of potential anti-doping violation

Amanda Lemos failed a U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) drug test and has been notified of a potential UFC anti-doping policy violation.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Paul Felder: I love commentary but plan on 'fighting my balls off' at UFC 218

Paul Felder wants to remind the world that fighting is his first and main priority when he steps back in the octagon at UFC 218.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Newcomer Brendan Fitzgerald, Paul Felder in Saturday's UFC Fight Night 123 broadcast booth

The broadcast plans for Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 123 event include some firsts.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>