#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #Nick Diaz #GSP #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Quinton Jackson #Michael Bisping #Pancrase #Demetrious Johnson #Fight Night Rotterdam

UFC lightweight Paul Felder’s most recent octagon outings involved trips to Brazil, Canada and Scotland. They also involved, respectively, meeting a Brazilian, a Canadian and a Scotsman.

With that in mind, one can see where Felder (14-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC)  is coming from with this simple request for his next fight.

“I would like to fight in the United States, and there are quite a few cards coming up,” Felder told MMAjunkie Radio. “These Japan cards and all – they’re a little soon. As cool as that would be – I’d go there as a guest fighter. But right now I want to fight on my own country.”

In fairness, Felder should have a few goodwill chips stored with the promotion at this point. Not only is he coming off big back-to-back wins – both involving first-round elbow brutality – but he’s also proven to be valuable outside of the cage, with his current role as an analyst for Dana White’s Contender Series.

Fresh off his “Performance of the Night” knockout of Stevie Ray at last month’s UFC Fight Night 113 event, Felder said he’s healthy and somewhat ready to go. The only thing, he says, is the weight – which the lightweight estimates currently sits at around 190 pounds.

With that in mind, he’s eyeing a return between October and December – though, in his typical company man fashion, he could find a way to be ready before should an opportunity arise. And he’s not even making too many demands when it comes to that.

“I’d love a top-15 guy, but I’m not pushing that so much as I just want another exciting fight and another win,” Felder said. “I’m nearing the end of this contract, so a good win puts me in good standing with the UFC to get another big contract coming out and keep going.”

As far as those possible opponents go, Felder is not going around issuing callouts. Mostly, he’s interested in fighters who, like him, have a penchant for exciting striking battles. While he would love to acquiesce to some fan requests, like a meeting with lightweight contender Kevin Lee, he’s also realistic.

“Knowing rankings – I’m not even in the top 15 yet to be getting a shot with a guy like Lee would be – I’d take it, but it would be crazy,” Felder said.

He does have one stylistic dream fight, though. And, should it somehow materialize at UFC 217, set for Nov. 4 in New York City, “The Irish Dragon” probably wouldn’t be mad.

“That fight alone is a fight that I would love to have, with (Al Iaquinta),” Felder said. “Most of the time, any time I’m matched up people are like, ‘This going to be fight of the night.’

“Can you imagine if me and him got matched up at Madison Square Garden? Listen up, UFC. Let’s do it.”

Another scenario that Felder is very comfortable with is UFC 218, which takes place Dec. 2 at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit. That would fit well within his desire to get a fight near his Philadelphia home grounds.

But ultimately, when it comes to Felder, it seems like there’s very little that can’t be negotiated.

“If they gave me like a co-main event, main event overseas, I’m all about it,” Felder said. “I want to be kind of putting my name out there and taking these big spots. I’ll take a main event. I’d love a five-round fight with somebody. I don’t care if it’s literally in their kitchen. I’ll take it. I want to fight five rounds for the UFC before I retire.”

To hear more from Felder, check out the video above.

And for more on the UFC’s upcoming schedule, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.

MMAjunkie Radio broadcasts Monday-Friday at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino’s Race & Sports Book. The show is hosted by “Gorgeous” George Garcia and producer Brian “Goze” Garcia. For more information or to download past episodes, go to www.mmajunkie.com/radio.

Galleries

Al Iaquinta Fights

• 5 months ago

Kevin Lee Fights

• 3 months ago

Comments

Paul Felder gives Tony Ferguson edge over Kevin Lee at UFC 216 thanks to experience – and crazy

UFC lightweight and newly minted MMA analyst Paul Felder gives Tony Ferguson the edge over Kevin Lee at UFC 216 in part thanks to craziness.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Al Iaquinta vs. Paul Felder Verbally Agreed to Meet at UFC 218 in Detroit | MMAWeekly.com

Iaquinta vs. Felder appears to be the latest matchup headed to Detroit read news >>

Paul Felder vs. Al Iaquinta added to UFC 218 in Detroit

An 11th fight has been added to UFC 218, which takes place Dec. 2 at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Tony Ferguson vs. Kevin Lee: UFC 216 Inside the Octagon Preview | MMAWeekly.com

The Ultimate Fighting Championship will crown an interim lightweight champion on Saturday when Tony Ferguson and Kevin Lee meet in the UFC 216 main event. read news >>

Kevin Lee celebrated his (eventually) successful UFC 216 weigh-in with some tiramisu

Kevin Lee clearly has no worries about the fact he nearly missed weight for his interim UFC lightweight championship fight at UFC 216.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Twitter reacts to Tony Ferguson's UFC 216 interim title-winning submission of Kevin Lee

See the top Twitter reacts to Tony Ferguson’s interim title victory over Kevin Lee in the UFC 216 co-main event.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 216 results: Tony Ferguson taps resilient Kevin Lee in third to win interim lightweight title

Tony Ferguson got beat up a little by Kevin Lee, but ultimately Ferguson caught a triangle choke in the third round to get the tap.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Tony Ferguson Wins Interim Lightweight Title at UFC 216, Unleashes on Conor McGregor | MMAWeekly.com

Tony Ferguson puts Kevin Lee away with a third round triangle choke submission to become the new UFC interim lightweight champion read news >>

An Emotional Kevin Lee Needs Time Off After Loss to Tony Ferguson at UFC 216 | MMAWeekly.com

Reeling from the sting of his loss to Tony Ferguson, Kevin Lee admitted that he probably needs to take some time off. read news >>

Kevin Lee: No excuses for UFC 216 title loss to Tony Ferguson after weight cut 'damn near killed me'

Kevin Lee called Tony Ferguson “the rightful champion” and didn’t lean on a built-in excuse for why he lost.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>