MENU
#UFC Fight Night 83 #Luke Rockhold #Conor McGregor #David Branch #Nate Diaz #Saturday Night Fights #UFC 215 #GGG #Michael Bisping #Jon Jones


josh-neer-11.jpgDana White said more cuts were coming to the UFC’s roster, and four more fighters have been let go following their losses five weeks ago.

Josh Neer, Brock Jardine, Caros Fodor and Jon Manley all suffered losses at UFC 157 and subsequently have been released from the promotion. Although not announced by the promotion, all four fighters’ profiles have been removed from the company’s official website.

British website MMA Opinion first brought notice of the cuts, though it’s the UFC’s policy to not officially comment on personnel or contract matters.

Neer (33-13-1 MMA, 6-9 UFC) returned the UFC in 2011 for his fourth stint with the promotion on the strength of four straight wins and six in seven since being let go in 2009. But though he started with a TKO win over Keith Wisniewski and then choked out Duane Ludwig, three straight losses Mike Pyle, Justin Edwards and a decision loss to Court McGee at UFC 157 led to his release.

Jardine (9-3 MMA, 0-2 UFC) was submitted in the first round by Kenny Robertson on the preliminary card in Anaheim, Calif. It was his second straight loss in the UFC after dropping his debut in June 2012 to Rick Story. The welterweight had gone 9-1 to open his career before signing with the UFC.

Manley (7-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC), who trains in Massachusetts with Gabriel Gonzaga, reached the semifinals on Season 16 of “The Ultimate Fighter,” but lost a unanimous decision to eventual winner Colton Smith. He had three wins on the show to reach the semifinals. But at UFC 157, he met fellow “TUF 16? semifinalist Neil Magny and dropped a unanimous decision.

Fodor (7-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC), a lightweight, went 5-0 in Strikeforce before being submitted by Pat Healy in March 2012. He moved over to the UFC when Strikeforce folded. But a split-decision loss to Sam Stout gave him two straight setbacks and led to his release.

Following the release of 16 fighters in February, UFC president White said the company had more than 100 roster cuts still to make in 2013. February’s cuts included former welterweight title challenger Jon Fitch, who was 14-3-1 with the promotion.

(Pictured: Josh Neer)

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Comments

Show Comments

Related News

Dana White, Conor McGregor Discuss Possible Ownership Stake in the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

  • 28 days ago
  • 14 views

Last November following his stunning second round finish over Eddie Alvarez to become the first ever simultaneous two division champion in UFC history, Conor McGregor immediately turned his attention read news >>

Dana White Denies Floyd Mayweather's Claims of IV Use by Conor McGregor

  • 28 days ago
  • 15 views

UFC President Dana White is defending Conor McGregor after Floyd Mayweather Jr. said the mixed martial arts star needed to use IV bags to stay hydrated in preparation for Saturday's megafight. Speaki read news >>

Dana White isn't optimistic about UFC champ Jon Jones' B sample, laments what could've been

  • 27 days ago
  • 38 views

In two words, UFC President Dana White sums up the Jon Jones situation after a failed drug test: “It’s bad.”Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Says Jon Jones Just Can't Get Out of His Own Way | MMAWeekly.com

  • 28 days ago
  • 240 views

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones will have the opportunity to make a defense after he tested positive for steroids following his win over Daniel Cormier last month but the damage done publicl read news >>

Jon Jones' Steroid Test 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Mistake, Dana White Says

  • 28 days ago
  • 34 views

UFC President Dana White isn't holding out hope Jon Jones will be cleared when his positive drug test receives further scrutiny. White told TMZ Sports Thursday it's "highly unlikely" Jones' B sample read news >>

Dana White More Nervous About Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather Than Any Other Fight Ever | MMAWeekly.com

  • 27 days ago
  • 59 views

UFC president Dana White is more nervous about Conor McGregor's boxing bout against Floyd Mayweather Jr. than any other fight... ever. read news >>

Dana White's custom Conor McGregor T-shirts for fight week

  • 26 days ago
  • 7 views

UFC President Dana White has been Conor McGregor’s No. 1 fan during the entire build-up to “The Money Fight.”Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Is Dana White's Relationship with Jon Jones Over? | MMAWeekly.com

  • 28 days ago
  • 67 views

UFC president Dana White briefly talked about his relationship with Jon Jones with the press at the UFC 215 216 media day on Thursday. TRENDING > Jon Jones' Manager Confounded, Refuses to Believe Jon read news >>

Dana White Says He Is 'So Proud Of' Conor McGregor After Floyd Mayweather Fight

  • 26 days ago
  • 29 views

Dana White, president of the UFC, told reporters he's "so proud" of Conor McGregor after the 29-year-old Irish star of the Octagon lasted 10 rounds against Floyd Mayweather Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena read news >>

Dana White: 'Not the Fight I was Expecting' | MMAWeekly.com

  • 26 days ago
  • 67 views

UFC president Dana White felt like the fight that Conor McGregor fought against Floyd Mayweather was something different than he expected. read news >>