#UFC on Fox 26 #Rafael dos Anjos #Robbie Lawler #Santiago Ponzinibbio #Mike Perry #Jared Cannonier #Ricardo Lamas #Josh Emmett #Oluwale Bamgbose #Alessio Di Chirico #Glover Teixeira #Misha Cirkunov #Abel Trujillo #John Makdessi #Julian Marquez

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is definitely considering retirement. How close he is to following through is … well, it’s up for debate.

Bisping (30-7 MMA, 20-7 UFC) made headlines Monday when he said his Nov. 4 headliner vs. Georges St-Pierre (25-2 MMA, 19-2 UFC) at UFC 217 could be his last fight. However, it appears Bisping – and his wife – have a more perfect retirement scenario in mind that involves the 38-year-old British champ returning home.

Via the latest episode of Bisping’s “Believe You Me” podcast:

“I’m not saying I want to retire. I don’t know if I’ve made my mind up,” Bisping said. “My wife wants me to. My manager says I should retire. He says, ‘This should be your last fight.’ He said, ‘There’s no better way’ – and he’s right – ‘there’s no better way than in Madison Square Garden, defending the title, beating a legend like Georges St-Pierre, then putting the gloves down in the octagon.’ That is the dream. That’s what everybody says.

“For me, though, I’m kind of torn. … And my wife kind of agrees. I want my last fight to be in Manchester (England). So there is the possibility this is going to be my last one, or my last one is going to be my next one against Robert Whittaker in Manchester. I’m not sure which one, so we’ll see. …

“The English were always so kind to me. The U.K. support that I had over the years always blew my mind. And I think I owe it to them to have my last fight there. So, I don’t know. Maybe it will, maybe it won’t.”

All of this retirement talk is nothing new to Bisping, who also admitted during his podcast that is wife wanted him to go out on top and after winning the title from Luke Rockhold last year at UFC 199. That bit of information leads me to believe Bisping would follow through after UFC 217 – win or lose.

Then again, a win over St-Pierre at the Nov. 4 pay-per-view event seemingly would leave Bisping in position to call his shot. As in, after 11 years and 28 fights with the UFC, how could the promotion not grant his wish of a title-unifying bout with interim champ Whittaker in Manchester?

Wait, a title-unifying retirement fight? I don’t know about that.

For more on UFC 217, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.

The Blue Corner is MMAjunkie‘s official blog and is edited by Mike Bohn.

Galleries

Georges St Pierre GSP Fights

• 2 months ago

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Ex-UFC champ Michael Bisping still plans to retire in London in March

A brutal knockout hasn’t changed former UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping’s plans for retirement.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Has No Regrets Allowing Michael Bisping a Quick Return After GSP Loss | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White explains how Michael Bisping could be allowed to fight just three weeks removed from a third-round loss to Georges St-Pierre. read news >>

Joe Rogan Criticizes Michael Bisping Being Allowed to Fight Three Weeks After Loss to GSP | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping is not the kind of guy to live with regret. The former UFC middleweight champion suffered a brutal first round knockout to Kelvin Gastelum this past weekend in China, just three weeks read news >>

UFC Fight Night 122 post-event facts: Michael Bisping sets new UFC record for most times knocked down

Check out all the facts, figures and footnotes from UFC Fight Night 122, which took place Saturday in Shanghai.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Joe Rogan criticizes Michael Bisping's 'crazy' turnaround: 'It just does not make sense'

Add UFC commentator Joe Rogan to the list of people who doesn’t understand why Michael Bisping was booked in two UFC main events in 21 days.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC champ Max Holloway not distracted by records: 'I want to be here for a long time'

Even if he beats Jose Aldo again, champ Max Holloway believes there’s still a lot to accomplish before he catches up to the featherweight GOAT.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC champ Georges St-Pierre issues statement, confirms ulcerative colitis

UFC middleweight champion Georges St-Pierre has confirmed the disease that will keep him on the sidelines for the time being.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Michael Bisping's two stoppage losses in three weeks leave UFC with one big question

How Michael Bisping got into this position, and where he goes from here, is worth examining – especially in a sport where the final cost isn’t always immediately apparent.Filed under: Featured, News, read news >>

UFC champ Tony Ferguson has retort for 'fragile fatass' Khabib Nurmagomedov

Khabib Nurmagomedov took aim at his critics, which Tony Ferguson didn’t let slide without a response.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 122 medical suspensions: Michael Bisping out 60 days after knockout

Former UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping’s bench time is doubled in the wake of his second stoppage loss.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>