#UFC 216 #Conor McGregor #Nick Diaz #Tony Ferguson #Rizin 7 #Nate Diaz #Quinton Jackson #GSP #Pancrase #Kevin Lee

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is definitely considering retirement. How close he is to following through is … well, it’s up for debate.

Bisping (30-7 MMA, 20-7 UFC) made headlines Monday when he said his Nov. 4 headliner vs. Georges St-Pierre (25-2 MMA, 19-2 UFC) at UFC 217 could be his last fight. However, it appears Bisping – and his wife – have a more perfect retirement scenario in mind that involves the 38-year-old British champ returning home.

Via the latest episode of Bisping’s “Believe You Me” podcast:

“I’m not saying I want to retire. I don’t know if I’ve made my mind up,” Bisping said. “My wife wants me to. My manager says I should retire. He says, ‘This should be your last fight.’ He said, ‘There’s no better way’ – and he’s right – ‘there’s no better way than in Madison Square Garden, defending the title, beating a legend like Georges St-Pierre, then putting the gloves down in the octagon.’ That is the dream. That’s what everybody says.

“For me, though, I’m kind of torn. … And my wife kind of agrees. I want my last fight to be in Manchester (England). So there is the possibility this is going to be my last one, or my last one is going to be my next one against Robert Whittaker in Manchester. I’m not sure which one, so we’ll see. …

“The English were always so kind to me. The U.K. support that I had over the years always blew my mind. And I think I owe it to them to have my last fight there. So, I don’t know. Maybe it will, maybe it won’t.”

All of this retirement talk is nothing new to Bisping, who also admitted during his podcast that is wife wanted him to go out on top and after winning the title from Luke Rockhold last year at UFC 199. That bit of information leads me to believe Bisping would follow through after UFC 217 – win or lose.

Then again, a win over St-Pierre at the Nov. 4 pay-per-view event seemingly would leave Bisping in position to call his shot. As in, after 11 years and 28 fights with the UFC, how could the promotion not grant his wish of a title-unifying bout with interim champ Whittaker in Manchester?

Wait, a title-unifying retirement fight? I don’t know about that.

For more on UFC 217, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.

The Blue Corner is MMAjunkie‘s official blog and is edited by Mike Bohn.

Galleries

Georges St Pierre GSP Fights

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Champ Michael Bisping mostly walks back his Georges St-Pierre steroid comments on 'Conan'

Check out Michael Bisping’s comments to Conan O’Brien on his upcoming UFC 217 opponent, Georges St-Pierre.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Champ Michael Bisping walks back retirement talk ahead of UFC 217 title defense

Despite previously stating otherwise, UFC champion Michael Bisping now says he won’t retire after UFC 217.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Michael Bisping, GSP Get in Expletive Filled War of Words Backstage Following UFC 217 Presser | MMAWeekly.com

The heat is real between Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre read news >>

Bisping convinced he's getting to the former champ, GSP is amused

At Friday morning's UFC 217 press conference in Toronto, Canada, UFC champion Michael Bisping said he can tell he's getting to Georges St-Pierre with all of his trash talk. The former UFC champ is am read news >>

UFC champ Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre meet on the ice

The promotion continues for UFC 217’s headliner between middleweight champion Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

GSP and Michael Bisping Drop Puck at Hockey Game, Smack Talk Each Other on Ice

• a day ago

UFC 217 is coming down the pipe pretty quickly, and headliners Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre have indulged in quite a press tour in preparation for the Madison Square Garden showdown. This we read news >>

Bisping joins Conan to talk GSP & UFC 217

Michael Bisping joined Conan last night to discuss his upcoming fight against Georges St-Pierre and much more! Bisping will attempt to defend his middleweight belt for the second time as he and St-Pi read news >>

In new UFC 217 preview, Bisping says GSP was 'a little bitch' for vacating title in 2013

Don’t expect Michael Bisping to show much respect for his upcoming opponent – even a legend of the sport like Georges St-Pierre.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Michael Bisping Gives a GSP Fan the Double Bird at UFC 217 Press Conference | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping had enough vitriol not only for Georges St-Pierre, but also for one of GSP's fans. read news >>

Georges St-Pierre: If Michael Bisping expects same ol' GSP, 'it's a big mistake on his part'

Georges St-Pierre vows to come out aggressively looking to finish middleweight champ Michael Bisping at UFC 217.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>