#UFC 218 #Francis Ngannou #Conor McGregor #UFC 217 #Alistair Overeem #Nate Diaz #Bellator 191 #Mike Perry #Michael Bisping #Max Holloway #Robbie Lawler #GSP

Michael Bisping will take sole possession of the record for most UFC fights at UFC 217. The historic trip to the octagon could also be his last.

Retirement is not a foreign topic to Bisping (30-7 MMA, 20-7 UFC), who is scheduled to put his UFC middleweight title on the line against Georges St-Pierre (25-2 MMA, 19-2 UFC) in the Nov. 4 headliner at Madison Square Garden in New York. “The Count” has broached the subject in the past, but it appears he’s more serious now than ever.

Bisping, 38, today appeared on “The MMA Hour” and casually revealed the clash with St-Pierre could be his final fight – win or lose.

“This might be my last-ever fight,” Bisping said. “I don’t know if I’ll fight again after this. What a way to go out if it is. … I don’t know (if I’ll retire). Maybe, there’s a possibility. This may be my last fight. So if everyone wants to see Michael Bisping get knocked out, this is your last chance to do it, guys.”

Bisping made his UFC debut in December 2006 after winning Season 3 of “The Ultimate Fighter.” In that time he’s racked up numerous records. He is tied for the most fights in UFC history (27) and is the record-holder in prestigious categories such as wins (20) and significant strikes landed (1,533).

It’s been a long career for Bisping in which he’s endured many highs and some painful lows. He said his passion for competition hasn’t faded, but given his accomplishments, financial success and growing opportunities outside of fighting, he said the option of retirement is growing increasingly more attractive.

“I’ve done it for so long now,” Bisping said. “There’s other things to do in life. I still love this, don’t get me wrong. You can’t do it forever. Georges should have stayed retired. Georges should have retired as the champion. I’m going to beat Georges, and I’ll retire as the champion – maybe. I haven’t made my mind up on that yet. It depends. If there’s enough money involved, maybe I’ll stick around. I don’t know.

“I’ve got a lot of things going on outside the octagon, and I’m very lucky in that regard. I love fighting. I’ll keep fighting until I’m 50 years old. But, if you truly want a legacy, I say win the belt, defend it a few times and then retire as champion. There’s no better way to go out than that.”

Although part of Bisping is thinking about a dream exit from the sport, he said he’s not looking past St-Pierre. He wants to show the former long-time welterweight champion that he made a grave error deciding to end his four-year retirement against him.

Bisping said he’s not ready to make any bold or final decisions about his future beyond UFC 217. However, he admits the outside noise from those closest to him is difficult to ignore.

“My family wants me to retire, my wife wants me to retire,” Bisping said. “There’s a lot of people saying, ‘Mike, you should retire.’ My manger says it. Everyone says I should retire as champion. I’ve made some money along the way, I’ve had a great career, I’ve represented my country. I’ve received more through mixed martial arts than I ever could have dreamed of. But you can’t go on forever. You ave to know when the time is right. I’m not saying the time is right, but I am contemplating. We’ll see.”

For more on UFC 217, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Galleries

Georges St Pierre GSP Fights

• 2 months ago

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Georges St-Pierre: 'My entourage told me it was a bad idea' to fight Michael Bisping at UFC 217

Georges St-Pierre admits there was some conflict within his team regarding his comeback vs. Michael Bisping at UFC 217.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Ex-UFC champ Michael Bisping still plans to retire in London in March

A brutal knockout hasn’t changed former UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping’s plans for retirement.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC champ Georges St-Pierre issues statement, confirms ulcerative colitis

UFC middleweight champion Georges St-Pierre has confirmed the disease that will keep him on the sidelines for the time being.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White: UFC champ Georges St-Pierre suffering from colitis, will be 'out for a minute'

It appears that plans for Georges St-Pierre's next fight are temporarily on hold. The UFC middleweight champion is suffering from colitis.aIt appears that for Georges St-Pierre's next fight are on ho read news >>

Interim UFC champ Robert Whittaker reacts to Georges St-Pierre's sidelining colitis

Robert Whittaker is keeping things classy in the wake of the news UFC champion Georges St-Pierre is sidelined with a case of colitis.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC champ Georges St-Pierre on if he'll defend middleweight title: 'I don't think so'

From all indications, UFC middleweight champ Georges St-Pierre won’t be sticking around the weight class from too much longer.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Georges St-Pierre respects Michael Bisping for quick turnaround, criticizes UFC for allowing it

Georges St-Pierre understands where Michael Bisping was coming from but admits it wasn’t smart to fight Kelvin Gastelum so soon.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

New UFC Champ Nicco Montano Headed for Surgery After Fighting with Broken Foot | MMAWeekly.com

Nicco Montano not only had to fight four times in the past six months to become the new UFC women's flyweight champion but she also won the title while dealing with a severely broken foot suffered ju read news >>

UFC champ Stipe Miocic – the underdog? He is against Francis Ngannou

For the first time since his title-winning victory, UFC heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic is the underdog.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Before UFC-Shanghai, watch Michael Bisping's 2014 bout with Cung Le

Before the UFC set its debut in mainland China for this coming weekend, the organization visited Macau, where Michael Bisping headlined against Cung Le in 2014.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>