#Conor McGregor #UFC 211 #Nate Diaz #Jewels #Bellator 179 #Rory MacDonald #Jewels 16 #Daniel Cormier #UFC 202 #Jon Jones #Hayder Hassan #Dhiego Lima #Joanna Jedrzejczyk #Paul Daley

If he gets by Chael Sonnen in Saturday’s UFC 159 headliner, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has two goals: a fight with Alexander Gustafsson and a spot on a future UFC on FOX card.

As a heavy favorite over Sonnen (27-12-1 MMA, 6-5 UFC), whom he meets in Saturday’s pay-per-view headliner at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., Jones (17-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC) has fielded numerous questions about what’s next.

When asked about potential opponents in the division, he quickly mentioned one name: Swedish contender Alexander Gustafsson (15-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC).

“Gustafsson for sure,” Jones said. “That’s somebody I want to fight.”

Gustafsson first mentioned the idea first as part of the above video.

“I don’t call people out,” Jones said. “He called me out first by making that ‘Harlem Shake’ video. He was like, ‘Jones is next.’ I was like, ‘Alright, if you really want me to be next, I’ll desire that fight.’”

Jones said he’s anxious to fight a guy with a similar build, height and reach. After all, he said, many fans are quick to criticize him and said his recent dominance is aided greatly by his long frame. But more importantly and unlike Sonnen, Jones appreciates that Gustafsson has been a professional while campaigning for the title fight.

“He’s a guy who has respect,” Jones said. “He’s a new guy to fight. It’s a champion vs. a young guy who’s ambitious. That’s a threat, always a threat, because he’s going to want it bad.”

And while such a matchup likely would headline a major PPV event, Jones said he’d like to fight on a UFC on FOX card at some point. He said he’s currently one of the UFC’s top 5 PPV draws, but he’d like to fight on network TV and be exposed to some new fans.

So don’t be surprised if he pulls aside UFC President Dana White for a discussion.

“I would love to be on a FOX card,” he said. “I would absolutely love to be on a FOX card. I would have to figure out how I would work that out with Dana (since I would) not be getting any of the pay-per-view (revenue) and stuff like that, but you do it because it’s a job too.

“But I would absolutely be honored to [be exposed] to a different demographic. A lot of people can’t afford to be spending $60 for entertainment like that, and I’m aware of that. I’d love to fight for people like that. I’d be honored.”

For more on UFC 159, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Report: Chris Wade meets Frankie Perez in Ring of Combat rematch at UFC on FOX 25

The UFC’s debut event on Long Island this summer has another fight featuring a local – and it’ll be a rematch.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Jimmie Rivera vs. Thomas Almeida bantamweight clash booked for UFC on FOX 25 on Long Island

Jimmie Rivera will go after his 20th straight win this summer, and he’ll get to do it not far from home. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Chael Sonnen's UFC 211 Breakdown | MMAWeekly.com

Go Beyond the Fight with Chael Sonnen as he breaks down tonight's UFC 211 fight card. read news >>

UFC on FOX 25 adds Junior Albini vs. Timothy Johnson

A heavyweight matchup between newcomer Junior Albini and veteran Timothy Johnson is headed to UFC on FOX 25.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Chris Weidman Faces Kelvin Gastelum on Long Island | MMAWeekly.com

Former middleweight champ Chris Weidman takes on Kelvin Gastelum in the UFC on FOX 25 main event in New York. read news >>

Darren Elkins vs. Dennis Bermudez set for UFC on FOX 25 on Long Island

• a day ago

The UFC’s return to New York and its debut on Long Island continues to build with a new featherweight fight. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Opening odds: Ex-champ Chris Weidman favored over Kelvin Gastelum at UFC on FOX 25

Former middleweight champion Chris Weidman has three straight losses, and two of them are in his home state of New York. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Long Island's own Chris Weidman set for UFC on FOX 25 vs. Kelvin Gastelum in July

Chris Weidman’s admirable commitment to only fighting the best competition available will continue at UFC on FOX 25 in July.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Unbeaten Jeremy Kennedy vs. Kyle Bochniak slated for UFC on FOX 25 in July

• 5 hours ago

A lightweight bout between Jeremy Kennedy and Kyle Bochniak is the latest addition to July’s UFC on FOX 25 lineup.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ian McCall has no idea about scary medical conditions, 'and the UFC, they can't help me'

• 3 hours ago