If he gets by Chael Sonnen in Saturday’s UFC 159 headliner, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has two goals: a fight with Alexander Gustafsson and a spot on a future UFC on FOX card.

As a heavy favorite over Sonnen (27-12-1 MMA, 6-5 UFC), whom he meets in Saturday’s pay-per-view headliner at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., Jones (17-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC) has fielded numerous questions about what’s next.

When asked about potential opponents in the division, he quickly mentioned one name: Swedish contender Alexander Gustafsson (15-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC).

“Gustafsson for sure,” Jones said. “That’s somebody I want to fight.”

Gustafsson first mentioned the idea first as part of the above video.

“I don’t call people out,” Jones said. “He called me out first by making that ‘Harlem Shake’ video. He was like, ‘Jones is next.’ I was like, ‘Alright, if you really want me to be next, I’ll desire that fight.’”

Jones said he’s anxious to fight a guy with a similar build, height and reach. After all, he said, many fans are quick to criticize him and said his recent dominance is aided greatly by his long frame. But more importantly and unlike Sonnen, Jones appreciates that Gustafsson has been a professional while campaigning for the title fight.

“He’s a guy who has respect,” Jones said. “He’s a new guy to fight. It’s a champion vs. a young guy who’s ambitious. That’s a threat, always a threat, because he’s going to want it bad.”

And while such a matchup likely would headline a major PPV event, Jones said he’d like to fight on a UFC on FOX card at some point. He said he’s currently one of the UFC’s top 5 PPV draws, but he’d like to fight on network TV and be exposed to some new fans.

So don’t be surprised if he pulls aside UFC President Dana White for a discussion.

“I would love to be on a FOX card,” he said. “I would absolutely love to be on a FOX card. I would have to figure out how I would work that out with Dana (since I would) not be getting any of the pay-per-view (revenue) and stuff like that, but you do it because it’s a job too.

“But I would absolutely be honored to [be exposed] to a different demographic. A lot of people can’t afford to be spending $60 for entertainment like that, and I’m aware of that. I’d love to fight for people like that. I’d be honored.”

For more on UFC 159, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

UFC on FOX 23 Road to the Octagon: Andrei Arlovski vs. Francis Ngannou | MMAWeekly.com

Heavyweights collide at UFC on FOX 23, as former champ Andrei Arlovski faces the division’s fastest rising prospect Francis Ngannou. read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 Road to the Octagon: Valentina Shevchenko vs. Julianna Pena | MMAWeekly.com

No. 1-ranked women's bantamweight Valentina Shevchenko looks to continue her ascent by knocking off No. 2 ranked Julianna Pena in the UFC on FOX 23 main event. read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 Road to the Octagon: Donald Cerrone vs. Jorge Masvidal | MMAWeekly.com

In the co-main event at UFC on FOX 23, Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone is seeking a fifth straight victory in a showdown with Jorge “Gamebred” Masvidal. read news >>

MMAjunkie reader predictions: Make your picks for UFC on FOX 23 in Denver

We want your predictions for the upcoming UFC on FOX 23 event in Denver.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Julianna Pena wants to be the next Ronda Rousey – but different

UFC women’s bantamweight contender Julianna Pena wants not only to become the champion, but take over the leading role former champ Ronda Rousey once played in the sport. Filed under: Featured, News, read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 broadcast lineup set, Alex Caceres vs. Jason Knight kicks off main card

The lineup is set for Saturday’s UFC on FOX 23 lineup is complete, and a featherweight matchup kicks off the evening’s four-bout main card.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Jorge Masvidal aims to make Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone pay for stealing opponents

UFC welterweight Jorge Masvidal can point to the UFC octagon and Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone as two major sources of financial woe.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

They released a special 'Fight Motion' video for Saturday's UFC on FOX 23 headliner

While the UFC usually releases its “Fight Motion” video highlights after an event, officials have debuted a new one ahead of Saturday’s UFC on FOX 23 headliner.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC on FOX 23's Valentina Shevchenko: 'Every time I look at actions – words mean nothing'

Not too long ago, Valentina Shevchenko’s climb up the UFC women’s bantamweight ladder hit a snag.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC on FOX 23 pre-fight facts: Donald Cerrone approaching several key records

The UFC returns to Denver for the first time in more than three years on Saturday when UFC on FOX 23 takes place at Pepsi Center, where co-headliner Donald Cerrone looks to continue reaching some sig read news >>