#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Gokhan Saki #Bellator 183 #Yushin Okami #UFC Fight Night 83

dana-white-100.jpgSAN JOSE, Calif. – Like most Massachusetts natives, UFC President Dana White is a Boston Red Sox fan. Unlike most Red Sox fans, he’s now also a diehard fan of New York Yankee Alex Rodriguez.

“I love A-Rod,” White said following today’s UFC on FOX 7 media session. “I’m a Red Sox fan and an ‘A-Rod’ fan. Boston fans will have to deal with it. That guy saved me.”

White’s affinity for Rodriguez is simple to understand, despite the player’s status as one of the biggest stars on the Red Sox’s arch-rival Yankees. It was Rodriguez who reached out to White with a potential treatment option for the UFC boss’ inner-ear disorder known as Meniere’s disease, a debilitating condition that sometimes forced White to lie motionless in a dark, quiet room until intense pain and nauseousness passed.

“‘A-Rod’ told me, ‘Listen, I know you’re going through this stuff. I don’t know if it’s going to help you, but you should try it. Worst-case scenario, this doesn’t work,’” White explained.

Rodriguez recommended White visit Dr. Peter Wehling in Dusseldorf, Germany, in order to take part in a revolutionary treatment known as Orthokine. Rodriguez went through the same procedure in 2011 to address an ailing knee and shoulder.

Invented by Dr. Wehling, the procedure involves removing some of the patient’s own blood, incubating the blood at a slightly raised temperature and than running the blood through a centrifuge to isolate naturally occurring anti-inflammatory proteins, which are then injected back into the patient.

White underwent the treatment this past weekend, and he said the procedure essentially cured his condition, a feat that was not accomplished through a radical January surgery.

“I haven’t felt this good in two years,” White said. “I’m working out like a maniac. I’ve never felt better in my life.”

The UFC boss said he will undergo another treatment session in approximately three months, but he’s excited for the results thus far. White joins a long list of high-profile patients who have take part in the treatment, which as yet to be approved for use in the U.S., including Rodiguez, Kobe Bryant, George Clooney and even Pope John Paul II.

The UFC boss seemed in incredibly good spirits as he recounted the tale and is hopeful his days of dealing with Meniere’s are over.

“I told them, ‘I don’t give a s–t if I start growing a horn out of my head. If you can stop this, I’ll file the horn down,’” White said. “But according to them, there are absolutely no side effects whatsoever.”

For more on the UFC’s upcoming schedule, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Comments

UFC Fight Night 115's Alexander Volkov credits Russian media for making Stefan Struve fight

To hear Alexander Volkov tell it, the Russian media is why he’s facing Stefan Struve at UFC Fight Night 115 – not that he was opposed.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White's custom Conor McGregor T-shirts for fight week

UFC President Dana White has been Conor McGregor’s No. 1 fan during the entire build-up to “The Money Fight.”Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Says He Is 'So Proud Of' Conor McGregor After Floyd Mayweather Fight

Dana White, president of the UFC, told reporters he's "so proud" of Conor McGregor after the 29-year-old Irish star of the Octagon lasted 10 rounds against Floyd Mayweather Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena read news >>

Dana White: 'Not the Fight I was Expecting' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White felt like the fight that Conor McGregor fought against Floyd Mayweather was something different than he expected. read news >>

Dana White Wants Conor McGregor to Get Back to Fighting MMA | MMAWeekly.com

UFC lightweight champ Conor McGregor had a good showing against unbeaten Floyd Mayweather, but Dana White wants him to return to the Octagon. read news >>

Is ZUFFA Getting Into Boxing? | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White addressed questions about whether or not the UFC is considering getting into the boxing biz following Mayweather vs. McGregor's success. read news >>

Dana White Says He Is 'So Proud Of' Conor McGregor After Floyd Mayweather Fight

Dana White proud of Conor McGregor after Floyd Mayweather fight, but wants him back in UFC

“I’m ready to get back to the UFC and do what I do,” said Dana White, who prefers to bring back Conor McGregor with him.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 'incredibly disappointed' by technical difficulties, Dana White reassures fans

The UFC is now working to find out why so many of its fans couldn't watch "The Money Fight" and has issued a statement. read news >>

The Fighters Awarded UFC Contracts from Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series | MMAWeekly.com

Three fighters from Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series were awarded UFC contracts following the eighth week of the weekly search for new talent. read news >>