MENU
#UFC 216 #Rizin 7 #Tony Ferguson #Conor McGregor #Nate Diaz #GSP #Kevin Lee #Nick Diaz #Michael Bisping #Robbie Lawler


UFC: Vitor Belfort Releases Statement About February Drug Test Results

The wait is over. The much-discussed results of Vitor Belfort's February drug test by the Nevada State Athletic Commission are in.

And it's straight from the main source himself. Belfort released a statement on his Instagram account, providing the details about the test and the fallout from it.

The results of the February 7, 2014, test indicated that my testosterone level was above the therapeutic range. While levels slightly outside the normal therapeutic range are not uncommon for some undergoing a TRT regimen, and my doctors immediately modified my therapy to return me to within the therapeutic range (as you can see the 22nd February test results was normal), I do want to acknowledge that the February 7, 2014 test indicated my level was above the range.

Belfort would go on to say he's taken numerous tests since the initial one, and that he has been within the normal range for all of them. He also released the actual results from the tests in a link included with his post.

The Brazilian is synonymous with TRT and has had to deal with claims of cheating from both fans and fighters alike. However, through it all, Dana White never wavered in his support that Belfort was never in the wrong while fighting.

This echoes what Joe Rogan recently said in that the NSAC got rid of TRT exemptions because of the results from Belfort's random test.

While Belfort has finally said what all of us were already assuming and can move on from the February test, he's not entirely out of the woods just yet. As Shaun Al-Shatti of MMA Fighting notes, Belfort will have to undergo a "comprehensive review" on Jun. 17 to ensure he will be able to face Chael Sonnen at UFC 175.

It marks the second failed test Belfort has had in Nevada, which doesn't bode well for his prospects of competing there. The Brazilian had previously failed a test for elevated testosterone following his Pride 32 loss to Dan Henderson.

Belfort is attempting to step in to face Sonnen after Wanderlei Silva was removed from the contest. It's widely believed that Belfort will receive the next title shot if he can defeat Sonnen at UFC 175.

Update: (h/t Bloody Elbow) Jordan Breen presents a breakdown of Belfort's testosterone ranges.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Galleries

Vitor Belfort Fights

  • a year ago
  • 1492 views

Comments

Show Comments

Related News

Nik Lentz releases statement on UFC 216 scratch, says it's not his fault

  • 9 days ago
  • 20 views

Nik Lentz said his decision to go to the hospital because of a health issue forced his withdrawal from tonight’ UFC 216 event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Andrea Lee releases statement on scrapped UFC 216 bout

  • 16 days ago
  • 15 views

Due to a past drug-testing issue, Andrea Lee will have to wait six months to make her debut in the UFC women’s flyweight division.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Nik Lentz Releases Statement Revealing Why He Was Removed from UFC 216 | MMAWeekly.com

  • 9 days ago
  • 55 views

Lightweight fighter Nik Lentz has been forced out of his scheduled fight against former teammate Will Brooks, and now we know why. The Lentz vs. Brooks bout had been slated for the UFC 216 Prelims on read news >>

UFC releases statement on Las Vegas shooting; fighters react to tragedy

  • 14 days ago
  • 8 views

The UFC has released a statement on Sunday’s mass shooting on the Las Vegas strip.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Statement on Las Vegas Shootings and UFC 216 Schedule | MMAWeekly.com

  • 14 days ago
  • 16 views

Following the tragic concert shooting on Sunday, UFC officials have responded to questions about how it will affect Saturday's UFC 216. read news >>

UFC Responds to Las Vegas Shooting Tragedy | MMAWeekly.com

  • 14 days ago
  • 17 views

The UFC, which has long made its home base in Las Vegas, issued a statement on Monday in response to Sunday's tragic concert shooting. read news >>

UFC Statement on Nik Lentz

  • 10 days ago
  • 2 views

Due to medical issues with Nik Lentz, his bout against Will Brooks at UFC 216 has been cancelled. read news >>

UFC Issues Statement on Fabricio Werdum Regarding His Use of Homophobic Slurs | MMAWeekly.com

  • 16 days ago
  • 550 views

The UFC has reacted following Werdum's outburst earlier this week read news >>

Jessica Andrade Bloodies and Batters Claudia Gadelha in Co-Main Event at UFC in Japan | MMAWeekly.com

  • 23 days ago
  • 84 views

Jessica Andrade made a very strong statement with her win on Friday night as she bloodied and battered former title contender Claudia Gadelha en route to a lopsided decision in the co-main event at U read news >>

Andrea Lee talks USADA rule that scrapped UFC 216 debut, clears air on previously failed drug test

  • 13 days ago
  • 36 views

Former Invicta FC flyweight champ Andrea Lee has entered the USADA testing pool, though she’d rather her addition have been less dramatic.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>