#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #Nate Diaz #Darren Till #Kevin Lee #Michael Bisping #Nick Diaz #Donald Cerrone #Anderson Silva #Cormier vs. Jones 2

AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND - JUNE 11: Mark Hunt of New Zealand prepares to enter the Octagon before facing Derrick Lewis in their heavyweight fight during the UFC Fight Night event at the Spark Arena on June 11, 2017 in Auckland, New Zealand. (Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)
Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Getty Images

Mark Hunt is almost 20 years deep into his combat sports career and, unfortunately, it's starting to catch up with him. The Super Samoan discussed his physical and mental situation in a piece for PlayersVoice (Warning: NSFW language), giving a glimpse into the life of a veteran fighter.

"My body is f--ked but my mind is still here," he said. "I’ve still got my senses about me and I know what’s right and wrong, which is the main thing...You can hear me starting to stutter and slur my words. My memory is not that good anymore. I’ll forget something I did yesterday but I can remember the s--t I did years and years ago. That’s just the price I’ve paid—the price of being a fighter."

While Hunt didn't debut in the UFC until 2010, his pro career dates all the way back to 1998 when he began boxing in Australia. He eventually made the jump to kickboxing and became a popular star in Japan's K-1 promotion. In 2004, he transitioned into mixed martial arts with Pride FC and, in time, began competing under the UFC umbrella, where he established himself as one of the sport's most beloved fighters.

Part of the reason for his popularity has been his absurd toughness, demonstrating an inhuman ability to absorb punishment and then deal it back. But while he has always been capable of shaking off punches in the cage, the damage is accumulating out of the cage.

Despite that, Hunt says he isn't quite done yet, and his sights are still set on the top.

"Whenever I start something, I try to finish it. I’ve got three fights left. I want to win that world title," he said. "It’s a dream of mine to be a mixed martial arts world champion. I’ve been the best fighter in the world at kickboxing—they can’t take that away from mebut when I started in MMA I realized how great this sport is. It’s the ultimate combat sport and that’s why I want to be the world’s best at it."

For better or worse, Hunt has a date set for his next fight. On November 19, he will face Marcin Tybura at UFC Fight Night 121 in Sydney, Australia.

Galleries

Mark Hunt Fights

• a year ago

Comments

UFC Fight Night 117 medical suspensions: No tapping gets Yushin Okami 45 days

UFC veteran Yushin Okami didn’t appear to have much choice in the matter, but his lack of tap against Ovince Saint Preux brings a 45-day suspension.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC's Gilbert Burns discusses tough, but needed reassessment after painful loss a year ago

UFC lightweight Gilbert Burns returned with a vengeance earlier this month. But getting back on track, he says, was not an easy process. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Relive Fabricio Werdum's UFC 180 KO of Mark Hunt (Fight Flashback) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Fabricio Werdum defeat Mark Hunt for the UFC heavyweight interim title at UFC 180. read news >>

Former UFC Fighter Shayna Baszler Inks a Deal to Join WWE | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC women's bantamweight competitor and "Ultimate Fighter" veteran Shayna Baszler has officially joined the WWE roster. WWE officials announced the news on Tuesday. Just recently, Baszler comp read news >>

Tommy Hayden to Defend Lightweight Sword at Full Metal Dojo 15 | MMAWeekly.com

UFC veteran Tommy Hayden is set to defend his Full Metal Dojo lightweight sword on Nov. 4 in Bangkok. read news >>

UFC 216 preview: A closer look at Demetrious Johnson's career statistics

UFC champ Demetrious Johnson returns tonight in search of history in UFC 216’s co-headlining act. Check out his amazing career stats.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Conor McGregor Teases His UFC Return, Names Several Possible Opponents | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor is nearly ready to resume his UFC career but he's still undecided on who he will face when he steps back inside the Octagon. The reigning UFC lightweight champion took part in a Q&A in read news >>

UFC 216 preview: A closer look at Demetrious Johnson's career statistics

UFC champ Demetrious Johnson returns next Saturday in search of history in UFC 216’s co-headlining act. Check out his amazing career stats.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Ian McCall fires manager, then gets release from UFC after $100,000 demand

Veteran flyweight Ian McCall today asked for his release from UFC contract after the promotion denied his demand for a $100,000 payout in his next fight.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Max Holloway's Blessed UFC Career

"It’s cool having this belt and being a champion, but I want to make sure my son is set. I want him to go to college. I don’t want him to fight. Fighting is insane." read news >>