#UFC Fight Night 83 #Conor McGregor #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Nate Diaz #Saturday Night Fights #UFC 215 #Michael Bisping #GGG #Jon Jones

Forrest PetzShortly after suffering back-to-back losses in the UFC in 2010, welterweight Forrest Petz knew things needed to change.

“I had a fight right after I was cut from the UFC and won, but it really wasn’t very impressive,” said Petz. “I just kind of felt like I was stuck in this rut and went back to the drawing board.”

Petz hooked up with a former boxing coach and was able to turn things around.

“My technique just kind of deteriorated boxing-wise,” he told MMAWeekly.com. “I was never really a finesse guy in the first place, but I had lost my power.

“I was able to get my feet back under me and it came back. My next three opponents, I knocked them out, and I think that’s due a lot to improvements in my technique under my boxing coach.”

Petz is now riding a four-fight winning streak, including his debut for the Score Fighting Series in March where he beat Sergej Juskevic via TKO half way into the second round of their fight.

“It was a real good, tough, back-and-forth fight that I won with pressure,” said Petz. “He was able to put me down in the first round, but once I recovered, I just kept coming and you could see it wore him down.

“It’s the kind of style that I feel is going to benefit me; I’ve been around this game a long time and I have some of the durability. I’ve been put down on the canvas before and I’ve survived to get back on there and stay on track.”

Petz feels his ability to stay in the fight will play into his return to Score on Friday in Hamilton, Ontario, against former Strikeforce fighter Jordan Mein.

“He’s a real tough, well-rounded guy, and even though he’s young, he has just as much experience as I do,” said Petz of Mein. “I’ve been doing this for a long time and I know what I’ve got to do, and as long as I stick to my strategy, I should come out on top in this fight.

“I believe I can pressure this guy and take what he gives me.”

A win over Mein could cap off what Petz feels is his best year to date. And Petz feels that now is definitely the time if he’s going to make one more run at the top.

“I’m not getting any younger,” said Petz. “I’ve been in the UFC and stuff, but my career never really turned out the way I wanted it to.

“I’m the best I’ve ever been right now and I feel like if I can beat a guy like Jordan, it’s a pretty good achievement. I believe it can put me back on the map. I don’t want to leave anything on the table. When I’m done fighting I don’t want to think of how things could have been.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all the latest MMA news and updates.

Comments

Tony Martin Looking to Crack the Lightweight Rankings at UFC Pittsburgh | MMAWeekly.com

Tony Martin puts his winning streak on the line against Olivier Aubin-Mercier in a 155-pound bout at UFC Fight Night 116 on Saturday. read news >>

Pedro Munhoz vs. Rob Font added to UFC Fight Night 119 in Brazil

Pedro Munhoz will look to extend his winning streak in a hometown fight in Sao Paulo against Rob Font.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Alexander Volkov and UFC-Rotterdam's other winning fighters?

MMAjunkie’s Mike Bohn plays matchmaker for the UFC Fight Night 115 main card winners from Rotterdam, Netherlands.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Why Michel Prazeres isn't mad about UFC champ Conor McGregor's absence

Looking to add a fifth win to his current winning streak on Saturday, lightweight Michel Prazeres has his sights on a rematch with contender Kevin Lee.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 115 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 115 event in Rotterdam, Netherlands, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media. Check out some of those reactions.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

A little (big) hurricane won't keep Niko Price from UFC 217

UFC welterweight Niko Price is riding out Hurricane Irma and asking to fight at UFC 217, which is headlined by his hero Georges St-Pierre. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC-Pittsburgh results: Daniel Spitz derails Anthony Hamilton in just 24 seconds, calls out Chase Sherman

Following a disappointing UFC debut, Daniel Spitz rebounded in fine fashion with a lightning-quick win over Anthony Hamilton.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 116 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Check out the social media reactions from the winners and losers at UFC-Pittsburgh from this past Saturday, including ER visits.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Luke Rockhold and UFC Fight Night 116's other winning fighters?

Take a look at what’s next for the winning fighters of Saturday’s thoroughly entertaining UFC Fight Night 116 event.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 115 post-event facts: A late finish, a KO streak, a rare sub and more

The facts, figures and footnotes from UFC Fight Night 115, which saw Alexander Volkov beat Stefan Struve in the main event. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>