#Cris Cyborg #Conor McGregor #UFC 211 #Angela Magana #Bellator 179 #Nate Diaz #Rory MacDonald #Paul Daley #Jon Jones #UFC 202

Forrest PetzShortly after suffering back-to-back losses in the UFC in 2010, welterweight Forrest Petz knew things needed to change.

“I had a fight right after I was cut from the UFC and won, but it really wasn’t very impressive,” said Petz. “I just kind of felt like I was stuck in this rut and went back to the drawing board.”

Petz hooked up with a former boxing coach and was able to turn things around.

“My technique just kind of deteriorated boxing-wise,” he told MMAWeekly.com. “I was never really a finesse guy in the first place, but I had lost my power.

“I was able to get my feet back under me and it came back. My next three opponents, I knocked them out, and I think that’s due a lot to improvements in my technique under my boxing coach.”

Petz is now riding a four-fight winning streak, including his debut for the Score Fighting Series in March where he beat Sergej Juskevic via TKO half way into the second round of their fight.

“It was a real good, tough, back-and-forth fight that I won with pressure,” said Petz. “He was able to put me down in the first round, but once I recovered, I just kept coming and you could see it wore him down.

“It’s the kind of style that I feel is going to benefit me; I’ve been around this game a long time and I have some of the durability. I’ve been put down on the canvas before and I’ve survived to get back on there and stay on track.”

Petz feels his ability to stay in the fight will play into his return to Score on Friday in Hamilton, Ontario, against former Strikeforce fighter Jordan Mein.

“He’s a real tough, well-rounded guy, and even though he’s young, he has just as much experience as I do,” said Petz of Mein. “I’ve been doing this for a long time and I know what I’ve got to do, and as long as I stick to my strategy, I should come out on top in this fight.

“I believe I can pressure this guy and take what he gives me.”

A win over Mein could cap off what Petz feels is his best year to date. And Petz feels that now is definitely the time if he’s going to make one more run at the top.

“I’m not getting any younger,” said Petz. “I’ve been in the UFC and stuff, but my career never really turned out the way I wanted it to.

“I’m the best I’ve ever been right now and I feel like if I can beat a guy like Jordan, it’s a pretty good achievement. I believe it can put me back on the map. I don’t want to leave anything on the table. When I’m done fighting I don’t want to think of how things could have been.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all the latest MMA news and updates.

Demian Maia Split Decisions Jorge Masvidal, Earns Title Shot (UFC 211 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Demian Maia extended his winning streak to seven consecutive fights on Saturday by defeating Jorge Masvidal by split decision at UFC 211 in Dallas, Texas. read news >>

Fans invited to Rose Namajunas, Derrick Lewis special workouts ahead of UFC 211 in Dallas

Fans in the Dallas area or heading there for this week’s UFC 211 card already had great chances queued up to see the fighters. Now they get a bonus.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 211 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC 211 pay-per-view event in Dallas, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check them out.Fil read news >>

Frankie Edgar Wants to Stay Winning at UFC 211 | MMAWeekly.com

Former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar wants to continue his winning ways when he takes on Yair Rodríguez on the UFC 211 main card on Saturday. TRENDING > Injury Forces Henry Cejudo vs. Sergio Pet read news >>

Justin Gaethje apparently heading to UFC as Professional Fighters League launches recruiting for 2018 season

LAS VEGAS – WSOF lightweight champion Justin Gaethje is heading to the UFC, according to his now-former employers.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

After 2-fight featherweight experiment, UFC's Renan Barao reportedly heading back to bantamweight

After a two-fight run as a featherweight, former bantamweight champion Renan Barao appears to be ready to move back to 135 pounds. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Daniel Gallemore Confident in His Abilities Against Daniel James at Victory FC 57 | MMAWeekly.com

Daniel Gallemore (6-3) will seek to keep his winning streak going when he takes on Daniel James (6-2-1) in the Victory FC 57 main event on Friday. read news >>

Sean Strickland hoping he doesn't have to sneak into another UFC event

Following a disappointing loss to Kamaru Usman, UFC welterweight Sean Strickland is hoping to book an appearance in front of his hometown crowd – and that he doesn’t have to sneak his way past securi read news >>

Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Stipe Miocic, Joanna Jedrzejczyk and UFC 211's other winning fighters?

After every event, fans wonder whom the winners will be matched up with next. And with another night of UFC action in the rearview mirror, it's time to look forward, put on a pair of Sean Shelby and read news >>

Tickets on sale today for UFC 213 ($395 in the door), TUF 25 Finale ($45) in Las Vegas

If you’re heading to Las Vegas this summer for the annual “International Fight Week,” you can get your tickets today for the pair of cards headlining the week. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>