The 30-year-old Canadian on Wednesday announced he had been released by the promotion following his unanimous decision loss to Lawlor at UFC 121 “Lesnar vs. Velasquez” on Saturday at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. Lawlor grounded Cote at will throughout their 15-minute encounter and racked up points with ground-and-pound.
“I had a little hope but finally got the release word from the UFC,” Cote wrote on Twitter.
Cote, a former two-division TKO champion, has also held titles inside the King of the Cage and Maximum Fighting Championship promotions. He owns notable victories against “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 3 winner Kendall Grove, former middleweight King of Pancrase Ricardo Almeida and current Strikeforce standout Scott Smith. He has delivered nine of his 13 career wins by knockout, technical knockout or submission.
A five-fight winning streak carried Cote into his UFC 90 title bout against Silva. A non-contact knee injury thwarted his hopes in the third round, led to two knee surgeries and put him on the sidelines for more than a year. Cote was a finalist on Season 4 of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality series.view original article >>
Anderson Silva is tired, bro. He's so fed up with how things work in the UFC, he's taking his own career hostage and issuing demands with the threat of retirement if they aren't met. Is he serious? J read news >>
UFC legend Anderson Silva is not happy with his current situation. He said that he will retire if he doesn't get a fight with Yoel Romero at UFC 212. read news >>
The GOAT is not happy. Anderson Silva, the best to ever take part in this silly entertainment sport of MMA, is definitely not happy. And for once, finally, he outright does not care who knows it. Thi read news >>
Despite Anderson Silva's threats, UFC president Dana White declared there would be no interim title fight for The Spider. read news >>
With Anderson Silva recently threatening retirement, UFC president Dana White said that the former champ probably should just go ahead and do it. read news >>
Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva is not happy with his employers and is threatening to walk away from the sport.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
Nate Diaz and Anderson Silva both had doubt cast on their popularity and/or future prospects by UFC President Dana White this week. But if the response to complaints is to play down their abilities, read news >>
Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva says he’s no longer part of the UFC 212 card in Rio de Janeiro.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
Ultimate Fighting Championship middleweight superstar Anderson Silva has revealed he won't sight at UFC 212 in Rio De Janeiro on June 3 after scheduled opponent Kelvin Gastelum failed a drug test. Th read news >>
That prankster you see in the “UFC Embedded” videos? The dork who gets giddy talking about other professional Cleveland athletes? The plain-spoken Midwesterner who doesn’t call out opponents or ruffl read news >>