MENU
#Conor McGregor #Dynasty of Heroes #Fight One #UFC 211 #Ramsey Nijem #Julian Lane #Justin Buchholz #Nate Diaz #Ben Askren #Duane Ludwig #Jon Jones #Diaz vs. McGregor 2 #Angela Lee #Shinya Aoki #Cat Zingano


Always expect the unexpected, or so the saying goes.

Just when it appeared that Carlos Condit was willing to sit out for several months and wait for Georges St-Pierre to get healthy… well, that’s not going to happen.

Condit instead has agreed to an immediate rematch with Nick Diaz, according to tweets by UFC president Dana White on Tuesday evening.

“That rematch can happen later on in the future. No one’s afraid of Nick, but we have to do what’s best for his career and in my opinion and the people around me and the advice that we’ve been taking, the best fight and the only fight is Georges St-Pierre,” Condit’s manager, Malki Kawa told MMAWeekly.com earlier in the day on Tuesday.

But a lot changed from the time Kawa spoke with MMAWeekly.com and Tuesday evening. Not least of which was an apparent sweetening of the pot for Condit to put his newly earned interim UFC welterweight title back on the block against Diaz.

No details of the rematch or the agreement to make it happen have surfaced, but the promotion on Tuesday did reveal that UFC on Fox 4 is slated for Aug. 4 in Los Angeles. That event is going to need some star power, so it isn’t out of the realm that Condit vs. Diaz II might be tapped for that event. There are also a number of other pay-per-view events on tap from May to August that could utilize the bout as a headliner.

But for now, it’s unclear when and where the fight will land, although White and Kawa both tweeted that Kawa and Condit will be in Las Vegas on Friday for an announcement.

“I didn’t feel like it was all that close. I felt like I dominated almost every round,” said Condit following Saturday night’s initial meeting. Now we’ll get to see if he can do it again.

Follow @KenPishna on Twitter or e-mail Ken Pishna.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Dana White Couldn't Be a Bigger Believer in New UFC Owner | MMAWeekly.com

  • 26 days ago
  • 39 views

When UFC former owners sold the fight promotion in July 2016 for $4.2 billion to WME–IMG, the promotion's longtime president, Dana White, was distraught. read news >>

Dana White, Forrest Griffin take CNN on tour of new UFC headquarters

  • 25 days ago
  • 50 views

While the full campus isn’t quite open just yet, UFC employees recently made the move into the company’s impressive new headquarters in Las Vegas, and CNN cameras were invited in for a sneak peek of read news >>

Dana White Admits to Giving Conor McGregor 'Longer Leash' Than Others | MMAWeekly.com

  • 27 days ago
  • 25 views

UFC president Dana White admits that he gives Conor McGregor more leeway than he does other fighters on the fight promotion's roster. read news >>

Dana White Would Have Signed a 55-Year Deal as UFC President | MMAWeekly.com

  • 27 days ago
  • 83 views

When UFC was sold in July 2016 to WME-IMG for a staggering $4.2 billion, longtime president Dana White inked a five-year deal to remain with the fight company. read news >>

Nate Diaz Could Be Done Fighting in UFC, Dana White Says

  • 23 days ago
  • 123 views

UFC President Dana White isn't sure if Nate Diaz will ever fight again. "If they want to fight next week or if they never want to fight again, that's up to them," he said when talking about Diaz and read news >>

Dana White Not Sure If Nick and Nate Diaz Will Ever Fight Again | MMAWeekly.com

  • 23 days ago
  • 49 views

UFC president Dana White said that he's not sure if we'll ever see the Diaz Brothers, Nate and Nick, ever fight again. read news >>

Despite Anderson Silva's Threats, Dana White Says UFC Title Fight Won't Happen | MMAWeekly.com

  • 21 days ago
  • 8 views

Despite Anderson Silva's threats, UFC president Dana White declared there would be no interim title fight for The Spider. read news >>

Dana White: Anderson Silva Should Probably Just Retire | MMAWeekly.com

  • 21 days ago
  • 12 views

With Anderson Silva recently threatening retirement, UFC president Dana White said that the former champ probably should just go ahead and do it. read news >>

Dana White: Jon Jones Could Be Setting Records and Fighting at Heavyweight | MMAWeekly.com

  • 18 days ago
  • 48 views

UFC president Dana White says that if he could have stayed out of trouble, Jon Jones would be a record-setting champion and probably fighting heavyweights. read news >>

UFC Announces Huge Summer Kickoff Press Conference | MMAWeekly.com

  • 21 days ago
  • 12 views

Dana White will host a Summer Kickoff press conference with some of the athletes from UFC 212 through UFC 214. read news >>