MENU
#Duane Ludwig #Julian Lane #Ramsey Nijem #Justin Buchholz #Conor McGregor #UFC 211 #Nate Diaz #Hayder Hassan #Dhiego Lima #Diaz vs. McGregor 2 #Jewels #Bellator 179 #Rory MacDonald #TJ Dillashaw #Jon Jones


vitor-belfort-26.jpgAs expected, Vitor Belfort (23-10 MMA, 12-6 UFC) and Dan Henderson (29-10 MMA, 6-4 UFC) will meet in a light-heavyweight headliner at UFC Fight Night 32.

Following Wednesday’s UFC Fight Night 27 event, UFC President Dana White confirmed the Nov. 9 event will air on FOX Sports 1. The channel is expected to air both a main card and part of the prelims. Facebook also is expect to stream some opening bouts.

UFC Fight Night 32 takes place at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Goias, Brazil. It marks the organization’s debut in the city.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) passed along news of the bout this past week, though broadcast plans hadn’t been finalized.

Belfort and Henderson first met at PRIDE 32 in 2006. Henderson took home a unanimous-decision win.

Currently, Belfort is ranked No. 3 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA middleweight rankings, and Henderson is ranked No. 6 in the light-heavyweight rankings.

Belfort recently has earned back-to-back stoppage wins over top middleweight contenders Luke Rockhold and Michael Bisping. “The Phenom” had hoped those wins would be enough to earn him a shot at the middleweight belt, but December’s UFC 168 rematch between current champ Chris Weidman and former titleholder Anderson Silva put those plans on hold. In the meantime, Belfort turned down a fight with Tim Kennedy and expressed his desire to fight at 205 pounds or even heavyweight while waiting for a shot at the 185-pound title.

Henderson, meanwhile, looks to rebound from a pair of disappointing split-decision losses to Rashad Evans and Lyoto Machida. “Hendo,” a former Strikeforce champion, had been on the verge of a UFC light-heavyweight title shot before the defeats sent him sliding down the rankings.

For more on UFC Fight Night 32, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

(Pictured: Vitor Belfort)

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Vitor Belfort Reportedly Facing Nate Marquardt at UFC 212 | MMAWeekly.com

  • 26 days ago
  • 8 views

Vitor Belfort is expected to face Nate Marquardt at UFC 212 in what may be the final fight of his career. read news >>

Vitor Belfort vs. Nate Marquardt Official for UFC 212 | MMAWeekly.com

  • 23 days ago
  • 4 views

Vitor Belfort's final fight inside the Octagon will be against former Strikeforce champion Nate Marquardt at UFC 212. read news >>

Belfort vs. Marquardt official, 'The Phenom' confirms UFC 212 will be his final octagon appearance

  • 23 days ago
  • 28 views

At 40 years old, Vitor Belfort is preparing to make his 25th and final trip to the UFC’s famed octagon.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Vitor Belfort Reveals UFC Retirement Plan | MMAWeekly.com

  • 23 days ago
  • 17 views

Vitor Belfort has unveiled his UFC retirement plan, putting the wraps on a career that has spanned more than two decades. read news >>

Dana White says UFC women's flyweight division not finalized, despite announcement

  • 21 days ago
  • 11 views

Hours after the announcement, UFC President Dana White said nothing is official regarding a new women’s 125-pound weight class.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Report: Once more unto the breach for Vitor Belfort, 'Phenom' gets Nate Marquardt at UFC 212

  • 25 days ago
  • 18 views

At 40, and reportedly on the final fight of his current UFC deal, it appears Vitor Belfort will step into the cage one more time in his native Brazil. Belfort (25-14 MMA, 14-10 UFC) appears to be hea read news >>

UFC official confirms Al Iaquinta remains on 'bonus ban,' offers conflicting recounting of events

  • 17 days ago
  • 556 views

By now, you’ve heard Al Iaquinta’s complaints about the UFC. According to one UFC official, the rage is completely misplaced.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Kelvin Gastelum Responds After UFC Suspension, Vitor Belfort Win Overturned

  • 17 days ago
  • 60 views

UFC star Kelvin Gastelum has vowed never to fight in Brazil again in response to a 90-day ban handed out by the Brazilian MMA Sports Court after a positive drugs test for marijuana. Gastelum did acce read news >>

Fabricio Werdum-Alistair Overeem trilogy fight, Lawler-Cerrone now official for UFC 213

  • 21 days ago
  • 11 views

A pair of high-profile matchups can take the “targeted” and “reportedly” tags off for UFC 213.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Vitor Belfort joins Montreal's Tristar Gym ahead of final octagon bout at UFC 212

  • 16 days ago
  • 19 views

Vitor Belfort is doing things a little bit differently ahead of what he’s decided will be the final fight of his UFC career next month at UFC 212.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>