#Fight Night Stockholm #Alexander Gustafsson #Glover Teixeira #Colosseum #Volkan Oezdemir #Conor McGregor #Peter Sobotta #Ben Saunders #Jon Jones #Dynasty of Heroes #Nordine Taleb #Bojan Velickovic #Oliver Enkamp #Nicholas Musoke

glover-teixeira-19.jpgBELO HORIZONTE, Brazil – Glover Teixeira is not the kind of man to call someone out. Humble, even a little quiet, the 33-year-old slugger prefers not to rock the boat. However, with a title shot on the horizon, Teixeira admits he’s got a specific target in mind.

With his UFC Fight Night 28 win over Ryan Bader (15-4 MMA, 8-4 UFC), Teixeira (22-2 MMA, 5-0 UFC) earned a shot at the winner of UFC 165's title fight between light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson, and the Brazilian contender admits he’s prefer to fight the reigning champ.

“My dream is to get the belt, but I believe Jon Jones will win,” Teixeira said after Wednesday’s event. “That’s the way I see it, and I definitely prefer to fight him, in a certain manner because Jon Jones has a better name. He’s been a champ for a long time, so whoever goes to face him has to be very focused, very well-trained.”

Teixeira and Bader met in the main event of Wednesday’s UFC Fight Night 28 event, which took place at Mineirinho Arena in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil. The card marked Teixeira’s first UFC headlining slot, as well as his first professional fight in his home state.

The win didn’t come easy, as Bader was able to rock him twice in the opening round but was unable to secure the finish. Instead, Teixeira picked himself up off the canvas and landed a thunderous two-punch combination that sent Bader crashing to the floor.

Teixeira quickly followed, earning a first-round TKO stoppage.

Afterward, Teixeira was visibly upset with his performance. He later explained he was simply disappointed to have allowed himself to be hit so cleanly.

“I was thinking a lot about the knockout, and I was waiting for that,” Teixeira said. “I was waiting for him to punch me so I could counter him, but I was very close to him. That’s where he got me. I remembered we always have to move, and we always have to be first. I have to do my strategy, which is always to move the head around and to go forward and to make those punches connect. I didn’t move around, and that’s where the problems started.

“I was a bit upset because despite Ryan Bader being a huge athlete and a great fighter, we always want to be the guy who goes in and dominates. I think the secret of the fight is for us to hit and not get hit, to punch and not get punched.”

Despite the early struggles, Teixeira did earn the victory, giving him an incredible 20-fight winning streak. After the press conference, he admitted he may have been a little hard on himself and that legendary Brazilian slugger Pedro Rizzo had advised him to recognize the magnitude of his win.

Either way, it appears a title shot is in his future. And if Teixeira’s prediction is correct, it will come against Jones, the man currently considered the world’s best pound-for-pound and light-heavyweight fighter, according to the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA rankings.

Teixeira thinks he’s got a plan to unseat the champ.

“The knockout power, I believe I have it, and if I hit him, he’s going to go down,” Teixeira said.

For complete coverage of UFC Fight Night 28, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.

John Castaneda 'Not Going to Accept Defeat' Against UFC Vet Chris Beal at Combate Americas 14 | MMAWeekly.com

John Castaneda (12-2) will have his first bout of 2017 when he takes on former UFC vet Chris Beal (10-4) in a 135-pound bout at Combate Americas 14 on Friday. read news >>

Junior Dos Santos' thought just prior to UFC 211 title defeat? 'It's working; I'm going to win'

DALLAS – For former heavyweight champion Junior Dos Santos, his failed UFC 211 title bid was a lot more about what current champ Stipe Miocic did right than about what he did wrong.Filed under: News, read news >>

Dana White Expects Conor McGregor Will Sign Floyd Mayweather Agreement on Sunday | MMAWeekly.com

At the UFC 211 Post-Fight Presser, Dana White told the media that he expects Conor McGregor to sign an executed agreement to box Floyd Mayweather on Sunday. read news >>

Demian Maia expects UFC title shot next, but 'not going to sell' to be champion

DALLAS – Demian Maia was forced to take the scenic route in his quest to become UFC welterweight champion, but it appears his opportunity will finally come after beating Jorge Masvidal on Saturday at read news >>

Nate Marquardt Crushes CB Dollaway: UFC KO of the Week Video | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Nate Marquardt defeat C.B. Dollaway during their bout in December of 2015. Don't miss Marquardt take on Vitor Belfort at UFC 212. read news >>

Michael Bisping Expects Georges St-Pierre Fight Despite Dana White Cancel Threat

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping has said he expects his next fight to be against returning legend Georges St-Pierre, despite organisation president Dana White appearing to cancel the bout o read news >>

Video: Before UFC Fight Night 109 headliner, watch Glover Teixeira notch 20th straight win

Back in 2013, Glover Teixeira was riding a 19-fight winning streak as he entered his first UFC headliner. Check out the full fight.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Glover Teixeira's KO of the Night Win Over Ryan Bader (UFC Stockholm Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Glover Teixeira started his UFC career winning his first five bouts including this Knockout of the Night victory over Ryan Bader in 2013. read news >>

White expects to seal up Conor McGregor, but Floyd Mayweather still in negotiations for boxing megafight

DALLAS – UFC President Dana White expects to lock up one-half of what could be a hugely lucrative boxing match between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather. The other half, it’s a wait and see.Filed u read news >>

'Countdown to UFC Fight Night 109' full episode with Alexander Gustafsson vs. Glover Teixeira

Did you miss the debut of “Countdown to UFC Fight Night 109: Gustafsson vs. Teixeira,” or just want to watch it again? Check out the full episode now.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>