#UFC 220 #Francis Ngannou #Stipe Miocic #Daniel Cormier #Volkan Oezdemir #Bellator MMA #Chael Sonnen #Rory MacDonald #Douglas Lima #Quinton Jackson #Rob Font #Thomas Almeida #Calvin Kattar #Shane Burgos #Michael Chandler

UFC Fight Night 115's Siyar Bahadurzada calls out already-booked Matt Brown

UFC veteran Siyar Bahadurzada is riding an adrenaline high after putting away the previously undefeated Rob Wilkinson at UFC Fight Night 115.

“I’ve fought only twice in the last four years, and the reason was because I was sick and injured, and I wasn’t able to perform,” Bahadurzada told reporters after his UFC Fight Pass-streamed win at Ahoy Rotterdam in Rotterdam, Netherlands. “But I corrected the mistakes, and I figured out what I was doing wrong. Now, I’m here to stay.”

It had been 16 months since Bahadurzada (23-6-1 MMA, 3-2 UFC) had stepped into the octagon, and when he did so at Saturday’s event at Ahoy Rotterdam in the Netherlands, it wasn’t even at his usual weight class.

“I fight at welterweight,” he said. “This fight was in middleweight. This year, I was a little overweight. I was a heavyweight. I couldn’t make it to welterweight, so I was a middleweight.”

The added pounds seemed to help him against Wilkinson (11-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC), who faded quickly after taking a flurry of shots in the second round. Bahadurzada looked free of any potential “ring rust” in his return to the cage, even though he doesn’t believe in the phenomenon.

“That’s for people who use it as an excuse,” he said. “But in the first round, when you find out the frequency of your opponent, you change your game plan. I change my game plan from minute to minute if I have to.”

Asked about his future plans, Bahadurzada said he will take some time to re-asses and decide his next move. He does, however, plan to continue his work at the famed Jackson-Wink Academy in Albuquerque, praising the team’s learning environment.

“Right now, I’m on adrenaline,” he said. “I don’t know if something is wrong with me. I’ll wake up in the morning and feel if everything’s alright. I think I’m fine. My next fight will be soon, I think.”

The adrenaline may have clouded his memory of the UFC’s upcoming schedule because he called out Matt Brown, who’s currently booked to meet Diego Sanchez at UFC Fight Night 120.

“I think Matt Brown would be a good fight,” Bahadurzada said. “He says that he’s immortal, but I will show he’s pretty much mortal.”

Scheduling challenges aside, Bahadurzada pointed out the fact that he called his shot against Wilkinson, holding up eight fingers at the event’s weigh-ins.

“So I predicted it in minutes, not to the round,” he said.

Bahadurzada won’t try to predict the way he finishes fights from here on out. But he’ll try to make every one memorable for the fans.

“Knockouts are in my nature,” he said. “I’m not going to say every fight is going to be a knockout after this, but I’ll definitely look for the knockout. Because I’m not satisfied with any type of a win. Even if it’s a submission, I’m not satisfied unless I go for the kill.”

For complete coverage of UFC Fight Night 115, check out the UFC Events section of the site.

Galleries

Matt Brown Fights

• 2 months ago

Comments

Nasrat Haqparast meets Alex Reyes at UFC Fight Night 127 in London

The UFC’s March return to London continues to build with the addition of a lightweight fight.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Tonya Evinger returns to bantamweight, meets Marion Reneau at UFC Fight Night 126

A bantamweight bout between Tonya Evinger and Marion Reneau is the latest addition to February’s UFC Fight Night 126 lineup.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Tonya Evinger Returns to Bantamweight at UFC Fight Night Austin | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC featherweight title contender Tonya Evinger is one and done at 145 pounds, at least for now. read news >>

James Vick finally gets Austin booking, meets Francisco Trinaldo at UFC Fight Night 126

It won’t come against an opponent as highly ranked as he wanted, but James Vick will get his home-game opportunity.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Uriah Hall Respects Vitor Belfort's Accomplishments But Is 'Confidently Ready' | MMAWeekly.com

At UFC Fight Night 124 on Sunday, No. 11 ranked middleweight Uriah Hall will be the last opponent of "The Phenom" Vitor Belfort's legendary career. read news >>

10 reasons to watch UFC Fight Night 124, where 'Korean Superboy' gets fellow slugger Stephens

At UFC Fight Night 124, hard-hitting “Korean Superboy” Dooho Choi meets a fellow slugger in Jeremy Stephens; it’s one reason to watch. read news >>

Who ya got?! Fighters weigh in on Jeremy Stephens vs. Dooho Choi at UFC Fight Night 124

Who are fighters at UFC Fight Night 124 picking in the main event between Jeremy Stephens and Dooho Choi? read news >>

Paige VanZant's UFC Fight Night 124 open workout included the robot, the worm and more

Paige VanZant let loose at UFC Fight Night 124’s open workout, getting fans involved and showcasing her range of dance moves. read news >>

With move to flyweight, Paige VanZant confident she can avoid embarrassments in fights

Paige VanZant is looking at UFC Fight Night 124 as a fresh start, and it all begins with her change in weight class. read news >>

Jessica-Rose Clark down to take Paige VanZant's fame for herself at UFC Fight Night 124

Jessica-Rose Clark won’t deny that she’s the lesser-known commodity in her matchup with Paige VanZant at UFC Fight Night 124. read news >>