#UFC Fight Night 55 #Fabricio Werdum #Marcin Tybura #UFC 217 #GSP #Michael Bisping

UFC veteran Siyar Bahadurzada is riding an adrenaline high after putting away the previously undefeated Rob Wilkinson at UFC Fight Night 115.

“I’ve fought only twice in the last four years, and the reason was because I was sick and injured, and I wasn’t able to perform,” Bahadurzada told reporters after his UFC Fight Pass-streamed win at Ahoy Rotterdam in Rotterdam, Netherlands. “But I corrected the mistakes, and I figured out what I was doing wrong. Now, I’m here to stay.”

It had been 16 months since Bahadurzada (23-6-1 MMA, 3-2 UFC) had stepped into the octagon, and when he did so at Saturday’s event at Ahoy Rotterdam in the Netherlands, it wasn’t even at his usual weight class.

“I fight at welterweight,” he said. “This fight was in middleweight. This year, I was a little overweight. I was a heavyweight. I couldn’t make it to welterweight, so I was a middleweight.”

The added pounds seemed to help him against Wilkinson (11-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC), who faded quickly after taking a flurry of shots in the second round. Bahadurzada looked free of any potential “ring rust” in his return to the cage, even though he doesn’t believe in the phenomenon.

“That’s for people who use it as an excuse,” he said. “But in the first round, when you find out the frequency of your opponent, you change your game plan. I change my game plan from minute to minute if I have to.”

Asked about his future plans, Bahadurzada said he will take some time to re-asses and decide his next move. He does, however, plan to continue his work at the famed Jackson-Wink Academy in Albuquerque, praising the team’s learning environment.

“Right now, I’m on adrenaline,” he said. “I don’t know if something is wrong with me. I’ll wake up in the morning and feel if everything’s alright. I think I’m fine. My next fight will be soon, I think.”

The adrenaline may have clouded his memory of the UFC’s upcoming schedule because he called out Matt Brown, who’s currently booked to meet Diego Sanchez at UFC Fight Night 120.

“I think Matt Brown would be a good fight,” Bahadurzada said. “He says that he’s immortal, but I will show he’s pretty much mortal.”

Scheduling challenges aside, Bahadurzada pointed out the fact that he called his shot against Wilkinson, holding up eight fingers at the event’s weigh-ins.

“So I predicted it in minutes, not to the round,” he said.

Bahadurzada won’t try to predict the way he finishes fights from here on out. But he’ll try to make every one memorable for the fans.

“Knockouts are in my nature,” he said. “I’m not going to say every fight is going to be a knockout after this, but I’ll definitely look for the knockout. Because I’m not satisfied with any type of a win. Even if it’s a submission, I’m not satisfied unless I go for the kill.”

For complete coverage of UFC Fight Night 115, check out the UFC Events section of the site.

Galleries

Matt Brown Fights

Comments

Matt Brown Unleashes Elbow from Hell (UFC Norfolk Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Matt Brown's devastating knockout of Diego Sanchez at UFC Fight Night 120 on Saturday. read news >>

Clay Guida Quickly Crushes Joe Lauzon (UFC Norfolk Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Clay Guida's crushing knockout of Joe Lauzon at UFC Fight Night 120 on Saturday. read news >>

Dustin Poirier Stops Anthony Pettis in Bloody Battle (UFC Norfolk Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Dustin Poirier's bloody stoppage of Anthony Pettis at UFC Fight Night 120 on Saturday. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Dustin Poirier's thrilling win over Anthony Pettis at UFC Fight Night 120

See the top Twitter reacts to Dustin Poirier’s win over Anthony Pettis in the UFC Fight Night 120 main event.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Andrei Arlovski Takes the Nod Over Junior Albini (UFC Norfolk Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Andrei Arlovski's career-saving victory over Junior Albini at UFC Fight Night 120 on Saturday. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 120 bonuses: Yeah, Dustin Poirier got his money

Following his thrilling win at UFC Fight Night 120, Dustin Poirier shifted his gaze to UFC matchmakers, demanding they award him a $50,000 bonus.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Marcin Tybura Wants Title Shot With a Win Over Fabricio Werdum | MMAWeekly.com

Marcin Tybura wants a title shot if he gets past Fabricio Werdum at UFC Fight Night 121 in Australia. read news >>

Jake Matthews admits there's pressure to perform at UFC Fight Night 121

Sometimes, a change of scenery can be just what the doctor ordered. Jake Matthews hopes that’s the case with his move back up to 170 pounds.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Marlon Moraes Steps Up to Face Aljamain Sterling at UFC Fight Night in Fresno | MMAWeekly.com

Aljamain Sterling finally has a new opponent for Fresno read news >>

James Krause returning to lightweight at UFC Fight Night 124 in St. Louis

After much deliberation, James Krause will return to 155 pounds for his next UFC bout.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>