#UFC on Fox 29 #Dustin Poirier #Jon Jones #Conor McGregor #Kevin Lee #Justin Gaethje #Daniel Cormier #Khabib Nurmagomedov #Alexander Gustafsson #Heroes of Honor #Anthony Ferguson #Nate Diaz #Stipe Miocic #Edson Barboza #UFC 217

UFC Fight Night 115's Siyar Bahadurzada calls out already-booked Matt Brown

UFC veteran Siyar Bahadurzada is riding an adrenaline high after putting away the previously undefeated Rob Wilkinson at UFC Fight Night 115.

“I’ve fought only twice in the last four years, and the reason was because I was sick and injured, and I wasn’t able to perform,” Bahadurzada told reporters after his UFC Fight Pass-streamed win at Ahoy Rotterdam in Rotterdam, Netherlands. “But I corrected the mistakes, and I figured out what I was doing wrong. Now, I’m here to stay.”

It had been 16 months since Bahadurzada (23-6-1 MMA, 3-2 UFC) had stepped into the octagon, and when he did so at Saturday’s event at Ahoy Rotterdam in the Netherlands, it wasn’t even at his usual weight class.

“I fight at welterweight,” he said. “This fight was in middleweight. This year, I was a little overweight. I was a heavyweight. I couldn’t make it to welterweight, so I was a middleweight.”

The added pounds seemed to help him against Wilkinson (11-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC), who faded quickly after taking a flurry of shots in the second round. Bahadurzada looked free of any potential “ring rust” in his return to the cage, even though he doesn’t believe in the phenomenon.

“That’s for people who use it as an excuse,” he said. “But in the first round, when you find out the frequency of your opponent, you change your game plan. I change my game plan from minute to minute if I have to.”

Asked about his future plans, Bahadurzada said he will take some time to re-asses and decide his next move. He does, however, plan to continue his work at the famed Jackson-Wink Academy in Albuquerque, praising the team’s learning environment.

“Right now, I’m on adrenaline,” he said. “I don’t know if something is wrong with me. I’ll wake up in the morning and feel if everything’s alright. I think I’m fine. My next fight will be soon, I think.”

The adrenaline may have clouded his memory of the UFC’s upcoming schedule because he called out Matt Brown, who’s currently booked to meet Diego Sanchez at UFC Fight Night 120.

“I think Matt Brown would be a good fight,” Bahadurzada said. “He says that he’s immortal, but I will show he’s pretty much mortal.”

Scheduling challenges aside, Bahadurzada pointed out the fact that he called his shot against Wilkinson, holding up eight fingers at the event’s weigh-ins.

“So I predicted it in minutes, not to the round,” he said.

Bahadurzada won’t try to predict the way he finishes fights from here on out. But he’ll try to make every one memorable for the fans.

“Knockouts are in my nature,” he said. “I’m not going to say every fight is going to be a knockout after this, but I’ll definitely look for the knockout. Because I’m not satisfied with any type of a win. Even if it’s a submission, I’m not satisfied unless I go for the kill.”

For complete coverage of UFC Fight Night 115, check out the UFC Events section of the site.

Galleries

Matt Brown Fights

• 5 months ago

Comments

Michel Prazeres moves to welterweight, meets Zak Cummings at UFC Fight Night 129

After multiple failed weight cuts, Michel Prazeres has been forced out of the lightweight division and up to welterweight for his next bout. read news >>

Ben Saunders Steps in to Face Jake Ellenberger at UFC Fight Night 131 | MMAWeekly.com

An injury has forced Bryan Barberena out of his June 1 bout against Jake Ellenberger. Ben "Killa B" Saunders will now face Ellenberger in Utica, New York. read news >>

Jessica Eye meets Jessica-Rose Clark at UFC Fight Night 132 in Singapore

A women’s flyweight bout between Jessica Eye and Jessica-Rose Clark is the latest addition to June’s UFC Fight Night 132 lineup. read news >>

Neil Magny: 'The stage is set' to make statement against Gunnar Nelson at UFC Fight Night 130

May represents a critical month for the UFC welterweight division, and Neil Magny is eager to make his mark at UFC Fight Night 130. read news >>

Frankie Edgar rematch at UFC Fight Night 128 was last thing Cub Swanson expected

Of all the losses Cub Swanson wanted to avenge, ex-champ Frankie Edgar was low on the list before UFC Fight Night 128. read news >>

Kevin Lee Misses Weight at UFC Fight Night 128 Weigh-ins | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

UFC Fight Night 128: Barboza vs. Lee features two fighters that are trying to rebound from a loss to make their case for a shot at the UFC lightweight championship. They and the remainder of the athl read news >>

Matt Brown Injured, Out of Fight Against Carlos Condit at UFC on FOX 29 | MMAWeekly.com

An unfortunate injury has forced Matt Brown out of his upcoming fight at UFC on FOX 29 where he was expected to face Carlos Condit in the co-main event from Glendale, Arizona. read news >>

Alex Oliveira to fight Carlos Condit at UFC on FOX 29, replacing injured Matt Brown

Carlos Condit lost out on a chance to fight Matt Brown, but he’s still got an intriguing opponent. read news >>

Alex 'Cowboy' Oliveira Expected to Face Carlos Condit at UFC on FOX 29 | MMAWeekly.com

Following an injury to Matt Brown that forced him out of UFC on FOX 29, Alex "Cowboy" Oliveira is expected to step into the co-main event fight against Carlos Condit next Saturday night in Glendale, read news >>

Former WWE Superstar CM Punk Returns Against Mike Jackson at UFC 225 | MMAWeekly.com

Former WWE superstar CM Punk has finally booked his second UFC fight. Punk (real name Phil Brooks) will take on Mike "The Truth" Jackson in a welterweight bout scheduled for UFC 225 in Chicago on Jun read news >>

Newcomer Don Madge says he's fighting David Teymur at UFC Liverpool

Streaking South African lightweight Don Madge is apparently booked for his UFC debut. read news >>

Edson Barboza 'very motivated' for Kevin Lee with hopes for Khabib Nurmagomedov rematch after

Edson Barboza knows a highlight-reel win at UFC Fight Night 128 could create the buzz he needs to earn a rematch with the lightweight champ. read news >>

Robert Whittaker welcomes 'real annoying' Yoel Romero title rematch at UFC 225

Robert Whittaker says Yoel Romero “definitely solidified his place” as the No. 1 contender to his UFC middleweight title. read news >>

Illinois native Mike Santiago takes on Dan Ige at UFC 225 in Chicago

Mike Santiago will have a chance to turn things around in front of a home crowd. read news >>

Kamaru Usman vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio official for UFC Fight Night 129 headliner

A key welterweight contest has been booked to headline the UFC’s first visit to Chile. read news >>

Why Michael Chiesa picks Khabib Nurmagomedov to beat Tony Ferguson at UFC 223

UFC lightweight Michael Chiesa admires the heck out of colleague Tony Ferguson – but still thinks “El Cucuy” will lose to Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 223. read news >>

Search for: