#Conor McGregor #Cris Cyborg #UFC 211 #Bellator 179 #Nate Diaz #Rory MacDonald #Angela Magana #Paul Daley #Diaz vs. McGregor 2 #Dhiego Lima #Hayder Hassan #GSP

UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar

UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar

UFC 130 was hit with a major blow this week when the main event lightweight title bout between champion Frankie Edgar and challenger Gray Maynard was called off due to injuries to both fighters.

Several reports pointed to Edgar’s ribs as the primary factor in his withdrawal, but he spoke with UFC.com on Tuesday, clearing up the situation.

“All of the reports are talking about my ribs, it’s actually my back,” said Edgar. “My back’s been bothering me for quite some time. A few weeks ago I had to take a week off so that my back could calm down and I was trying to fight through it. I got through it and it kept blowing out on me here and there, but then I ended up blowing out a rib last week. My rib kept popping in and out and then last week my back went out on me really bad, so I went to see a doctor and he said I’ve got bulging discs and now I’m going to go see a specialist to see what he can do about it.”

Edgar said that he wanted to try and work through the pain and fight on May 28, but his back injury was so severe that he just couldn’t. He’s not even at 30 percent of his usual health.

“I saw a UFC doctor yesterday and he said my L2 and L5 discs are bulged, and he recommended that I don’t fight right now,” Edgar said. “I can’t even put my socks on or hold my kids, it’s pretty bad right now.”

Edgar wasn’t sure when he would be able to return. He is hoping to avoid surgery, and just be able to us rehab to get his back healthy.

“I’m hoping I can rehab it and get better and get back to training in a month, but I can’t give you any solid answer right now as to how long I’ll be out.”

With Michael Bisping Sidelined, UFC May Make Interim Title Fight | MMAWeekly.com

With UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping still not recovered from a knee injury, UFC officials are considering an interim middleweight title fight. read news >>

Former UFC Champ Frankie Edgar's 10-Year Run Ranks Among Top 3 of All Time

Immediately following the conclusion of UFC 211, pundits did as pundits do, looking for ways to quantify and contextualize the impressive achievements of UFC heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic and UFC read news >>

Former UFC champ Frankie Edgar believes he's No. 1 contender if he beats Yair Rodriguez

DALLAS – So far, Frankie Edgar’s dreams of winning belts in two divisions have been held up by Jose Aldo.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Frankie Edgar Disfigures Yair Rodriguez (UFC 211 Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out the highlights from the featherweight bout between Frankie Edgar and Yair Rodriguez at UFC 211: Miocic vs. dos Santos 2 on Saturday in Dallas, Texas. read news >>

UFC 211 video highlights: Frankie Edgar vs. Yair Rodriguez

The young buck was supposed to keep on rolling through the featherweight division, but the old stallion had something to say about that.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Names Official Hospital | MMAWeekly.com

• 19 hours ago

UFC on Monday announced that Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) will serve as the global brand’s first-ever official hospital. read news >>

Frankie Edgar vs. Yair Rodriguez: UFC 211 Joe Rogan Preview | MMAWeekly.com

UFC commentator Joe Rogan breaks down the featherweight bout between former lightweight champ Frankie Edgar and Yair Rodriguez scheduled for UFC 211. read news >>

Frankie Edgar vs. Yair Rodriguez Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 211

Many believed that Yair Rodriguez vs. Frankie Edgar was a case of too much, too soon for the hot prospect. At UFC 211, those people were proved very, very correct. In a contest so lopsided that it's read news >>

The Question: What Was the UFC Thinking Feeding Yair Rodriguez to Frankie Edgar?

There are levels to this game. That was Frankie Edgar's message on Saturday at UFC 211 after the former lightweight champion and longtime men's featherweight contender dispatched rising prospect Yair read news >>

UFC 212 Loses a Bout Due to Injury | MMAWeekly.com

An injury has forced a fight to drop off the UFC 212: Aldo vs. Holloway fight card taking place on June 2 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. read news >>