#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #Nate Diaz #Darren Till #Kevin Lee #Dominick Cruz #Cody Garbrandt #UFC Fight Night 118 #Michael Bisping #Donald Cerrone #UFC 207 - Nunes vs. Rousey

Paul “Semtex” Daley will not be making a UFC return at the organization’s upcoming show in Manchester, England. The top British welterweight has instead signed a UK-exclusive deal with British promotion BAMMA.

BAMMA confirmed the signing today, but not the details of the contract; sources say the deal is for three fights over twelve months. Daley believes the first of those fights is likely to be at a BAMMA arena show in December.

“Yes, I have signed to BAMMA. Exclusive to the UK, still expect to see me fighting around the world with other organizations, such as in November in Russia with Legend,” Daley told Sherdog.com and Fighters Only Magazine.

“The BAMMA deal is suited to me perfectly right now. I feel their international matchups appeal to hardcore fans and the production and PR appeals to mainstream sporting viewers.

“Right now my focus is on my next fight in November, but expect me to fight for BAMMA this year at a UK arena show in December ... possibly.”

Daley had been linked with a possible UFC return in recent weeks following his release from an exclusive Bellator MMA contract. But the speculation appears to have been more hope than substance. There has been no formal contact between the parties.

Combine Daley’s release from Bellator being (ostensibly) due to visa issues with the circumstances that saw him leave the UFC -- swinging for Josh Koscheck after their fight was over -- and one can see why the world’s premier promotion might consider him a risky resigning.

“I would understand their thinking,” Daley admits. “But my life is more settled now. I'm still very much an independent thinker but I have a less hostile and more open outlook on life in general. I'm more calm now, I very rarely let things anger me.

“I think being a father has gave me more direction, and can see my future clearer and know what I must do to achieve the goals.

“I don't think there will be a return to the UFC in the next 12 months. But before I retire? That could be possible. I would fight anyone in the UFC welterweight division bar Dan Hardy as he's a friend, and we started this dream together.

“Over the next 4 years you are going to see an ever improving Paul ‘Semtex’ Daley with more exciting victories and an ever-growing fanbase, making me hard for any major organization to ignore.”

Fighters Only Magazine is available online via iTunes Newsstand, Kindle and Zinio. Visit www.fightersonlymag.com for subscription details.

Galleries

Paul Daley Fights

• 5 months ago

Comments

Zach Makovsky doesn't have plan beyond ACB 72 headliner vs. Yoni Sherbatov

Former UFC veteran and Bellator champion Zach Makovsky isn’t sure what his fighting future holds.Filed under: News, Radio, Videos read news >>

Conor McGregor Could Address US Congress over MMA Fighters' Rights

After making his boxing debut, UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor may appear before the United States Congress in an effort to expand the protection of rights afforded to mixed martial arts figh read news >>

Roy Nelson: Bellator 'Actually Loves MMA…Reminds Me of the UFC 10 Years Ago' | MMAWeekly.com

It's been eight years since Roy Nelson last competed in a promotion other than the UFC but on Saturday night he will officially make his debut with Bellator MMA. Nelson, 41, didn't exactly have the b read news >>

Rankings: Rockhold, Hall, Usman & Perry Rise

In this week's official UFC rankings release, Luke Rockhold and Uriah Hall are making moves in the middleweight division. Plus, Kamaru Usman and Mike Perry are on the rise at welterweight. read news >>

Bellator 183's Lorenz Larkin gives origin story of Paul Daley beef

Lorenz Larkin sees no need to dress up his fight with Paul Daley, and that’s his problem with the British striker. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Despite mixed results, high hopes for ex-UFC fighters in Bellator

It hasn’t been smooth sailing so far for Benson Henderson or Lorenz Larkin. Roy Nelson tests the waters for the first time at Bellator 183.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Bellator 183's Paul Daley: Only Nick Diaz and Douglas Lima were men of their word

A lot of fighters talk a big game, but Paul Daley said only Nick Diaz and Douglas Lima walked the walk after talking the talk.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Bellator signs undefeated grappling ace Leonardo Leite

Bellator’s light heavyweight division has added an undefeated Brazilian standout.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Paul Daley and Lorenz Larkin Nearly Come to Blows at Bellator 183 Weigh-in (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Paul Daley and Lorenz Larkin's fight almost didn't make it all the way to Bellator's famous flying cage. read news >>

Chaos erupts between Lorenz Larkin, Paul Daley at Bellator 183 weigh-ins

The beef between Lorenz Larkin and Paul Daley turned physical at the Bellator 183 ceremonial weigh-ins.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>