The UFC 209: Woodley vs. Thompson 2 total disclosed fighter payroll outweighed the event’s total ticket take at the gate.
The UFC 209 payroll, as it was recorded with the Nevada Athletic Commission, was $3.075 million, while the announced gate for the event was $2.385 million.
There were two fighters on the list that sat above main event winner UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley, who was paid a disclosed amount of $500,000 for narrowly defeating Stephen Thompson. Thompson pay was listed as $380,000.
Not included in the official payouts listed below was Tony Ferguson, who was paid his $250,000 show money, after his bout with Khabib Nurmagomedov was canceled. Ferguson made weight on Friday, but Nurmagomedov failed to appear at the weigh-in after doctors deemed him medically unfit to fight following a difficult weight cut.
UFC 209: Woodley vs. Thompson 2 took place on Saturday, March 4, at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
UFC 209: Woodley vs. Thompson 2 Fighter Salaries
- Tyron Woodley: $500,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus) def. Stephen Thompson: $380,000
- David Teymur: $28,000 (includes $14,000 win bonus) def. Landon Vannata: $25,000
- Daniel Kelly: $54,000 (includes $27,000 win bonus) def. Rashad Evans: $150,000
- Cynthia Calvillo: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Amanda Cooper: $17,000
- Alistair Overeem: $750,000 (no win bonus) def. Mark Hunt: $750,000
- Marcin Tybura: $72,000 (includes $36,000 win bonus) def. Luis Henrique: $16,000
- Darren Elkins: $92,000 (includes $46,000 win bonus) def. Mirsad Bektic: $21,000
- Iuri Alcantara: $68,000 (includes $34,000 win bonus) def. Luke Sanders: $12,000
- Mark Godbeer: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Daniel Spitz: $12,000
- Tyson Pedro: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Paul Craig: $12,000
- Albert Morales: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Andre Soukhamthath: $10,000
UFC 209 Disclosed Fighter Payroll: $3,057,000