UFC 168 Live Results Home Page

03-Barnett1

Travis Browne vs. Josh Barnett

Round 1: Browne takes the center of the cage.  He lands a left hook.  Barnett moves forward.  He ties up Browne.  Browne lands a knee to the body and separates.  Browne lands a right hand.  Barnett clinches.  He changes levels fro a takedown and Browne lands a knee.  Barnett works for a single leg and Browne unleashes a series of elbows that knocks Barnett out.

The official time of the knockout was 1:00 of the opening round.

Travis Browne:
“We knew he was going to come in there and immediately try to grab me. He saw me as a one dimensional guy, as a striker only. I finished him in the clinch and he couldn’t take me down. I’m a full mixed martial artist and I’m working my way up this heavyweight ladder. It’s all about progressing in this sport and I think I’m doing that very well with my last two wins. This is the path I was chosen for and I couldn’t be more excited for what is coming in the future. The bottom line is that the champion is out for a while. Fabricio Werdum had a title shot but things change in this sport so I think we should fight for the number one contendership while Cain is out. I would be honored to fight Werdum because he’s a great fighter and also a great guy. I think it makes sense and I’m looking forward to it.”

SCORECARD

Barnett-vs.-Browne-Scorecard-UFC-168

UFC 168 Live Results Home Page

Video: Before UFC Fight Night 105 main event, watch Travis Browne's KO win over Josh Barnett

It was December 2013 when Travis Browne knocked out Josh Barnett with elbows inside the first minute of Round 1 to notch his third win in a row.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Watch Travis Browne Destroy Josh Barnett in 60 Seconds (UFC Halifax Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Travis Browne made quick work of the former heavyweight champ Josh Barnett at UFC 168. Browne next faces Derrick Lewis in Halifax on Sunday. read news >>

Ahead of UFC play-by-play debut, Todd Grisham talks expectations and longtime MMA interest

Set to handle play-by-play at Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 105 event, broadcast veteran Todd Grisham talked to MMAjunkie Radio about his goal as an on-air personality: “What I always try to do is to pain read news >>

Derrick Lewis: 'It Only Takes One Punch' (UFC Halifax Video) | MMAWeekly.com

All it takes is one punch from Derrick Lewis or Travis Browne to end your night. They meet in the main event at UFC Fight Night Halifax on Saturday. read news >>

Derrick Lewis not backing down from comments on UFC Fight Night 105 opponent Travis Browne

HALIFAX — Derrick Lewis has made it clear he’s not a fan of what Travis Browne represents outside of the octagon. However, Lewis said Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 105 showdown with “Hapa” is far from per read news >>

Travis Browne: 'Ignorant' Derrick Lewis will be 'held accountable' at UFC Fight Night 105

HALIFAX – Travis Browne plans to put a halt to Derrick Lewis’ growing momentum as a future UFC heavyweight contender at UFC Fight Night 105.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Travis Browne Plans to Start Title Run Starting with Derrick Lewis (UFC Halifax Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Ninth-ranked heavyweight Travis Browne is ready to get back to his winning ways at UFC Halifax, but he has to go through eighth-ranked Derrick Lewis. read news >>

Derrick Lewis vs. Travis Browne: UFC Halifax Joe Rogan Preview | MMAWeekly.com

UFC commentator Joe Rogan previews the heavyweight main event match-up at UFC Halifax between No. 8 ranked Derrick Lewis and No. 9 ranked Travis Browne. read news >>

Derrick Lewis appreciates referee's hesitation to stop UFC Fight Night 105 win over Travis Browne

Derrick Lewis did not ease up on Travis Browne after knocking him out in the main event of UFC Fight Night 105 on Sunday at Scotiabank Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.Filed under: News, UFC, V read news >>

UFC Fight Night 105 play-by-play and live results (6:30 p.m. ET)

HALIFAX – MMAjunkie is on scene and reporting live from today’s UFC Fight Night 105 event, and you can join us for live play-by-play and official results beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET (3:30 p.m. PT).File read news >>